BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Nicole M.
Jersey City, NJ
I bought because I have a few blemishes on my face of course and I wanted to gibe it a try. When I applied it it quickly disappeared as if like I never applied it to begin with. Also the shade i got was suppose to be my skin tone but it cleary wasn't, it looked two shades lighter on my face, making me look really pale and discolored.
Amber S.
Waxhaw, Nc
A family friend suggested this to me since it was hypoallergenic. It goes on great and does blend with your skin since it comes out white. However I don't feel like it blends perfectly it's always a little darker than it should be. Another downside is that it doesn't have a long wear time. It seemed to just fade away after a few hours.
Rachael R.
Altoona, PA
I had to use what seemed like a lot of this at one time and it doesn't match my skin tone all that well. If it isn't applied correctly it can look streaky and if you put too much in one spot and don't catch it, there will literally be dark lines on your face that won't come off unless you wash your face and start over. I wouldn't recommend buying this if you want to have an airbrushed look.
Stephanie U.
Almay Smart Shade Foundation is an excellent little investment. A lot of my products are from Sephora and Mac so I have gotten used to their quality of makeup. The Smart shade really worked for me and is something that I know if I was short on time I could go to my nearest drug store and get it there. It's also wonderfully priced!
Emily G.
Plainsboro, NJ
I bought this back in high school and absolutely hated it. For a 'smart shade' product that was supposed to match skin tone, it turned into an orangey yellow shade that in no way matched my light and neutral toned skin. I can't imagine that it's an easy product to formulate, but I would never market a product with results like that.
Mary M.
Frederick, MD
It goes on easily but does not always blend thoroughly and leaves orange spots sometimes. It also does not have excellent coverage, it gets basic blemishes and discolorations, however it does not cover redspots or anything like that.
Moneisha T.
Inkster, MI
I hate this product! Its runny it just doesn't look natural on the face! It gives off a white ghostly cast on the face! And don't take pictures with flash because it will give you a horrible greasy look! And on top of that this product broke my face out! I have combination skin so yeah I would not recommend this product to any 1!
Robinne A.
When this product first hit stores I was like YES! FINALLY! A product that took out all of the guess work in finding the right shade. Being a woman of color it is extremely hard to match my skin tone sometimes. Once I started shopping around I noticed it didn't come in a shade dark enough for woman of color. I was disappointed.
Amanda C.
Love that it takes the guess work out of pick a color. Does not break out or aggravate my skin. Very light courage, slightly build-able. Doesn't break up or slide off my face. I only need to lightly set with powder and I'm good all day
Toya B.
Patterson, CA
Im a dark skinned African American woman with red undertones and finding a shade that matches is like finding a needle in a haystack...My sister recommended this, at first I was very Kerry but this is a new staple product for me...It's not foundation, its more of a tinted moisturizer and it looks like you're not wearing anything
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.