BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your s...2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Beth B.
Walkersville, WV
I did not like this product. I am incredibly fair-skinned and almost every foundation I try makes me look orange. I figured for the price, I would try their smart shade technology.
What a flop. :( I was so disappointed. It felt grainy going on, but I expected that. I waited for the microbeads to disappear into that lovely translucent color that I saw on t.v. And it never happened. Some of the beads refused to dissolve, and the color was uneven at best. Maybe it would work better for someone with darker skin, but it was definitely not for me.
Rachel P.
Eh, it's ok but it's not anything exciting or special. I love innovative makeup products especially foundations and this wasn't anything new or special so it's not necessarily bad but I thought the shades weren't great and the texture was odd.
Kathaleen J.
Jacksonville, FL
I got this as a sample with an Almay mascara and I'm glad I got try it before I wasted any money in the full size. It applied pretty patchy on one side if my fave. But when I applied it to the other side it turned orange on my skin! It looked like a reply bad self tanner. I immediately washed it off and trashed it. Almaty Not so smart shade.
Anna D.
San Francisco, CA
I use this for everyday light coverage. It's sheer, but gives just enough coverage for a nice dewy look. I like that this has SPF in it, and that the "smart shade" technology matches pretty closely to my natural skin tone. Would recommend as a daily item if you only need light coverage.
Phoebe P.
San Diego, CA
I don't use liquid foundation all that often but I tried this in the summertime, and I didn't like it at all. My skin type is very dry, and this product made me very greasy, so I could only imagine what it does for oily skin. It did even out my skin tone, but it looked a shade too light because of the SPF. Flash photography created a white cast. Maybe it is best in colder weather and set with powder?
Jaimie H.
Minneapolis, MN
I liked the idea of this a lot but found the color just didn't look quite right. The finish was nice and smooth and it had a good amount of coverage to even out skin tone. Certainly not enough to cover acne or scaring but great for a nice even tone. Maybe I used the wrong shade range but I just felt a little orange and conspicuous all day.
Taylor B.
I would never spend money on this again. I have fair skin but usually don't have to go the lightest in shades. However I did just to be safe and it was still way too dark on me. Felt greasy and I didn't like the way it rubbed in. Lastly, it does not last all day so if you need something to last you throughout your day his product is a no go!
Nicole C.
Seymour, CT
I've always had a hard time picking the perfect cover up to match my skin tone and when I tried this product I fell in love!! I use the one for light skin tones and its the best cover up I've ever used for my skin. I'm so bummed because I just ran out and can't seem to find another one.
Karli G.
Strongsville, OH
I really like this make up. I have been using it for a few months now and do not plan on trying anything else any time soon.I like that the shades are not broken into numbers like other kinds. I like how it tells you which one is for light skin, light-medium,etc. I think this is easier than trying to figure out what number your skin matches.
Melanie S.
S Yarmouth, MA
I hate looking cakey and I'm not prone to breakouts but I do need something to even out my skin tone, this worked perfect never looked caked on cause its very thin. You don't feel like you have makeup on and it will match any skin tone. I hate trying to figure out the right color for me so this just has the easy factor written all over it.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.