BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Jennifer S.
Laredo, TX
I had purchased this a while back and I felt positive about this purchase up until I actually tried it.. It has horrible coverage and broke me out so bad! And aside from that it left me orange.. It looked like a tan gone wrong or I was just wearing too much make up but really wasn't..
Abby C.
Carbondale, IL
I am very surprised by a lot of these reviews because to me this is great product! I always seem to have a hard time finding a liquid cover up that matches my skin and when using this production this is no longer a problem! This make up is also very good because you do not need to go bye a different color make up when your tan fads! This is great product that keeps you skin smooth and splotch free!
Alyssa B.
Portland, OR
This make up promises what it cannot do. It is cheap and shows it. There are simply small beads of colored foundation in a cream white formula. It does not actually adjust to YOUR skin tone. They lied. And by the time you get to the end of the foundation there is nothing left BUT the color beads of foundation and they are DARK and will NOT match your skin tone. Go with some BB cream or Bobbie Brown.
Nicole M.
Jersey City, NJ
I bought because I have a few blemishes on my face of course and I wanted to gibe it a try. When I applied it it quickly disappeared as if like I never applied it to begin with. Also the shade i got was suppose to be my skin tone but it cleary wasn't, it looked two shades lighter on my face, making me look really pale and discolored.
Kassidy P.
Alexandria, LA
I've been using this foundation for a while now. Although it isn't the best I've ever used, it's a pretty decent product. It matches my skin color pretty well so I'm happy with that. My only little problem with it is that it doesn't quite cover my blemishes. Sometimes it just feels as if I'm only applying sunscreen, not foundation.
Tabitha G.
Lancaster, SC
After rubbing this on very nicely I went to the mall and had people staring at me. Upon going to the bathroom I noticed how streaky my face was. I don't like this product at all. Maybe if you doubled up on moisturizer it would do better.
mimi l.
Rocky Mount, MO
I decided to try Almays brand of smart shade one day. As I applied it smelled off. But I thought that it was just me. Later that day I kept thinking that someone had gotten sick somewhere because I kept smelling a vomit like smell. When I asked someone if they smelt it someone replied, "Maybe it's your upper lip" being funny. But in fact it was !! I even tried it two other times to make sure. But sure enough it was a disaster. It wasn't expired or bought online. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but I would chance it.
suzanne s.
Los Angeles, CA
I bought this because it claimed to do wonderful, magically things and it was on sale BOGO. It is tinted moisturizer. You can't call it foundation, it doesn't cover anything. Finding the perfect shade? There are only 3 or 4 options... and it was the wrong color. It doesn't magically change to the color of your skin. I gave this to my mom since she doesn't like foundation, and has sensitive skin.
Amber S.
Waxhaw, Nc
A family friend suggested this to me since it was hypoallergenic. It goes on great and does blend with your skin since it comes out white. However I don't feel like it blends perfectly it's always a little darker than it should be. Another downside is that it doesn't have a long wear time. It seemed to just fade away after a few hours.
KT R.
This is more like a BB cream or tinted moisturizer as it only provided light coverage. If you aren't looking for full coverage and have no problem areas on your skin this might be good for you. It was a little drying and gave me that ghostly look. If I were to repurchase I would probably use with a good moisturizing primer and bronzer.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.