BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your s...2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Annaisa F.
San Antonio, TX
This product depends on the persons preference.
If you are looking for medium to full coverage, this isn't the product for you.
This product is meant to be lightweight and give minimum coverage. If you are looking for a natural, glowy but matte finish you would like this product. If you have oily to combination skin, this works great.
Because it dries fast,I would apply this in small sections on the face.
Rachael K.
Tonawanda, NY
Almay's Smart Shade Foundation worked well for me when I first began using it. However, over time it began to separate (and I am talking within weeks) to white cream and colored liquid. The overall effect of the product is average, but I would definitely prefer a solid foundation from now on.
Jessica S.
Ventura, CA
I was so excited to try this product. It initially matched my skin tone when I put it on, but then upon blending it out, it left me with weird dark discoloration areas, which looked like I have a skin problem. I tried both my fingers and a brush and nothing worked. If you are looking for an easy foundation routine, this is not it. You're going to end up spending more time trying to fix it.
Jessica M.
Alexandria, VA
This product needs some work. I have moderately oily skin so I tend to stay away from liquid foundation and stick with concealer and powder. I went out of my comfort zone and gave it a try and HATED IT. It doesn't match skin tones very well I mean it gets close, but it is still noticeable. Another problem I had was the thickness of the liquid that stuck with you throughout the day. It felt like i had put icing or something much heavier on my skin. I DO NOT recommend this at all.
Emina F.
Holland , MI
This one is a hit or miss. Sometimes it will match the skin color, and others time it'll give me the weirdest darkest color ever. I've tried numerous ways to do it - with a brush, beauty blender, fingers. It's always different results. It's not a bad coverage or anything when you actually get it to match, but I wouldn't recommend it or repurchase it.
Jezelle V.
Homosassa, FL
I have used this foundation before in the past. It's not my favorite but that's because i prefer full coverage foundation. This is great if you want a natural coverage. If you're just going to the supermarket or going to the corner store. This isn't something I would wear out to the club. The texture is amazing and it feels so natural on the skin. The scent is a little off putting though. This foundation also really does match your skin tone as long as you get the correct shade.
Ann W.
When I first saw this product, I was very intrigued. Although Almay is not a brand to which I often gravitate toward, the idea of a foundation that adjusts to your skin seemed quite interesting to me. I found that the coverage was light-medium, the staying power was a little less than ideal, about 4-5 hours and it didn't seem to irritate my skin. The major problem I had with this foundation is that it oxidized on my skin. It started off matching my well, but turned a weird orangey tint after about an hour. It is probably not something I will be repurchasing.
Ilicia R.
EAU CLAIRE, WI
I tried this product when it first came out. Since I have a tendency to tan, and then lose my tan, easily I wanted something that could adjust with me. I found that it can get patchy. While using it I had to use lotion afterwards to even out the foundation. It also does not provide much coverage. Needless to say I did not purchase this product again.
Ari P.
Baltimore, MD
I've been using this product for a while now. I've found that it's best to go lighter than you think - i use the light/fair shade except for when I'm feeling exceptionally tan in middle of summer. it has good coverage insofar as it evens out skin tone pretty well. the one thing i hate is that you need to shake it up as it gets toward the end so the color beads distribute more evenly...otherwise you'll be streaky.
Ashley L.
Burnsville, NC
This is my usual go to foundation, and overall it's good for the money. I have noticed sometimes if you don't shake it first it will come out a horrible orange looking color and streak your face! I buy the medium shade and it matches pretty accurately. It's best not to wear alone, going over it with a powder foundation will help blend everything in!
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta’Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.