BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Rachael K.
Tonawanda, NY
Almay's Smart Shade Foundation worked well for me when I first began using it. However, over time it began to separate (and I am talking within weeks) to white cream and colored liquid. The overall effect of the product is average, but I would definitely prefer a solid foundation from now on.
Ann W.
When I first saw this product, I was very intrigued. Although Almay is not a brand to which I often gravitate toward, the idea of a foundation that adjusts to your skin seemed quite interesting to me. I found that the coverage was light-medium, the staying power was a little less than ideal, about 4-5 hours and it didn't seem to irritate my skin. The major problem I had with this foundation is that it oxidized on my skin. It started off matching my well, but turned a weird orangey tint after about an hour. It is probably not something I will be repurchasing.
Annaisa F.
San Antonio, TX
This product depends on the persons preference.
If you are looking for medium to full coverage, this isn't the product for you.
This product is meant to be lightweight and give minimum coverage. If you are looking for a natural, glowy but matte finish you would like this product. If you have oily to combination skin, this works great.
Because it dries fast,I would apply this in small sections on the face.
Ashley L.
Burnsville, NC
This is my usual go to foundation, and overall it's good for the money. I have noticed sometimes if you don't shake it first it will come out a horrible orange looking color and streak your face! I buy the medium shade and it matches pretty accurately. It's best not to wear alone, going over it with a powder foundation will help blend everything in!
Stephanie T.
Albuquerque, NM
I just love Almay Smart Shade, it is light and not sticky. It leaves my face smooth and corrects my unbalanced skin tone. It's small, too so I can carry it in my purse for easy touch ups. I especially love that it has SPF 15 because I live in the desert and I'm always worried about sun damage. I recommend this foundation to anyone. It's great!
Quyen R.
It claims to provide a natural finish, because there's NO coverage! It has consistence of a liquid moisturizer, which makes it very difficult to blend. Therefore it is inevitable to have streak marks and blotchy areas. It also leaves my skin feeling greasy and oily. The packaging of this product was not design of hold this liquid product well. Every time you open the top, you have product running everywhere.
Danielle D.
I like it I really... I'm like a medium. I really like how it's light and not really heavy, I'm 15 and it's not to much for me I still look natural. But it does fade after a while, but I like to wash my face in the afternoon so it doesn't bother me too much. I have really sensitive skin and it didn't break me out, that's another pulse for me.
Lucinda H.
Hiram, GA
I don't wear a full face of makeup very often, but when I do I use my Almay Smart Shade in light. It feels like a lotion on my face which to me is fine because I don't like feeling like I have 3 inches of goop on my face. There have been a couple of occasions where the color is a little off, but it does not happen often. I always try to shake the bottle a bit to make sure the different colors inside get mixed. The smell is not great but honestly what makeup smells amazing?
Rachel S.
Rices Landing, PA
I honestly believe that the "changing to your perfect shade" is just a gimmick to make you be fascinated with it and buy it. This turns me orange. This turns my mom orange. We have different skin tones, and she put some on her face, and i put some on my face, then we wiped it off. It was the same color. She is a lot darker than me, and I am very pale. I love Almay, but I will never buy this product again
Erika M.
Harrisburg, PA
Well I've never found a foundation that I could compare to glue but this is the one. I could hardly rub it into my face... And it the more I tried to rub it in, the worse it got - and finally it started to peel... It was very strange. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone but Almay has amaIng eyeshadows, liners, and mascaras... And I'm also a fan of their makeup removers.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.