BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your s...2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Jessica G.
Los Angeles, CA
This "foundation" is more like a tinted moisturizer. It has light coverage. It won't cover blemishes/dark spots though. This product does find your shade in my opinion because both my mom and I use the same bottle and her and I are not the same skin tone. Of course try to the shade that's closest to your skin tone so you can have better results. Staying power wasn't so great for me..then again I have oily skin. If you like tinted moisturizers get it. If you want full coverage foundation don't!
Onyeka A.
If you don't have scars and blemishes I'd say this is the foundation for you, BUT at the end if the day my face was a HUGE greasy mess! I applied with my fingers and topped it with a little bit of pressed powder, but it turned it to be no good. It didn't cake, but I had to use blotting sheets all day. So if you have oily skin already this will just make it worse!
Isamar I.
Highlands, TX
I have been using this product since my High School days (2+ years ago) and I love it. In High School makeup was the best thing invented to cover up the few flaws we had. It's light, blends in with skin perfectly, and easy to wash off at the end of the night.
Candice H.
Tuscaloosa, AL
I bought this thinking it would do wonders on my face. I was expecting spots and blemishes to be covered. Once put on it made my face look very pale and the spots to stand out more. I heard great reviews of it and went darker and the results were even worse. It may be great for some but I was in no way pleased I even tried spot treatment and it made things worse.
Brenda D.
Sioux Falls, SD
This was one of the first foundations I ever tried. I have a medium skin tone & found a shade that initally matched me. However, this did nothing for covering up pores and would settle and wear unevenly as the day progressed. If that wasn't a deal breaker, the fact that within a couple hours it would oxidize horribly and turn a very unflattering shade of yellow-orange made me quickly stop using it after only a couple of weeks. I wanted to like it, but it just had no redeeming qualities for me.
Charlene L.
Bronx, NY
I have tried this about a year ago. I was excited about it being able to "perfectly" match my skin tone.BUT that wasn't the case. After blending it on my skin It started to look whiteish (if that is a word,lol). It made me look like i had the wrong color fondation on. I ultimately gave the two tubes that I had to friend. The only positive that I did notice was that It was really lite weight and didn't clump or anything like that.
Aimee H.
Carbondale, IL
This is nice and light. It doesn't have super-heavy coverage, which I like. I have very fair skin and some freckles. I like having my freckles show, I just like the tone of my skin to be more consistent. I like this product because it doesn't irritate my skin.
Alex G.
Portage, MI
After a day or two of using this foundation, I had to throw it away. Not only did this cake on my skin and me feel like I had a filmy layer of grease on my skin but it also did not blend into my skin at all. No amount of blending with my make up brush could dissolve the lines that appeared along my jawline. While I'm no make up pro, I am no novice either, from now on when it comes to foundation I am sticking to what I know!
Randi G.
Pageland, SC
I am in love with foundation. It gives just the right amount of coverage and it matches my skin tone perfectly! I have found that it looks best if you start with a primer, apply the foundation and then finish with a powder!!! I've used this foundation for about a year, I've switched to other brands but always come back to this one because of the coverage!!!!
Drue C.
Lake Charles, LA
I tried this for the first time this summer because I wanted something light and I saw that Tati had tried it. This was not the case. It was oily feeling and felt like it sat on my face weird. I hated the way it felt and it gave me this strange purple hue.
ShaMiiah B.
Kissimmee, FL
What is the best make up?
Alesia c.
Does it really blend as nice and naturally to your skin tone as it claims?
Marie T.
How would you rate the Almay Smart Shade Foundation?
Jorlenny A.
Orlando, FL
Does this actually work as well as they describe it?
Jessica G.
Philadelphia, PA
Is this a full coverage foundation?