BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Sydney H.
Fairfield, CA
This product feels nice on the skin, but other than that there isn't much else good to say about it. I've tried two different shades that were close to me in hopes that it would work better, but even though i generally a medium skin toned person even the light was still just too dark on me and left terrible lines. I was not really happy with this product at all.
Jillian S.
Coronado, CA
I love this foundation, I feel like it's barely there when I wear it, and it does blend very nicely! This is definitely my go to foundation for going and and making sure my skin looks great! Of course it doesn't give the "flawless" look but it does cover up quite a bit. I certainly love it. It is the first foundation I've actually bought another one when I ran out!
Aimee M.
I have tried a couple foundations and I don't think this should be considered foundation, it's more of a tinted moisturizer. It doesn't cover blemishes, rosacea, scars, etc. It's also not for people with oily skin because this barely stayed on my face. If you have perfect skin already and you want something with SPF then yeah try this out but I still think there are better products out there that will do a better job.
Betty T.
Dearborn, MI
I am a huge fan of Almay products and this is something I have purchased over and again. I mostly use this foundation in the summer when I don't want a heavy application. I have clear skin so I don't need much coverage. I love that it has SPF in it as well. I noticed some reviews mentioned a bad smell - this is something I've not noticed myself. I definitely recommend this product.
Holly B.
Did not particularly care for this foundation. And I hate having to say anything negative about Almay because I love most of their products and the ingredients are very skin friendly. However, this Smart Shade Foundation has the coverage of a BB cream, or maybe not even that much. Also, the shade it adjusted to for my skin was a little on the orange side.
Jessica B.
Metamora, MI
At first I loved my smart shade product, then one morning I applied it and drove to work. When I got into the parking lot I looked into my mirror just to make sure I looked presentable and SURPRISE! My face was ORANGE! I was frantically trying to wipe it and I couldn't believe that that was the shade it adjusted to. I will not spend the money on it again.
Melissa M.
Richmond, VA
I used to use this a lot when I was a little younger. I like how the color usually matches well, but it made my skin look shiny (and I have normal skin so this had never been a problem for me before) It's also very runny and can be kind of a mess if you're not prepared for it. If that's not a problem for you, I would suggest using it. I still keep a bottle or two around for backup when I run out of my other foundations.
Nicole E.
San Diego, CA
I've used this foundation off and on for years. I use it when my skin is clearer because it is a bit sheer and does not cover breakouts well. This product is one of the few foundations that has never made my skin breakout. I have to use this product quickly because if I keep it too long it has a harder time matching my skin, but that's probably for the best because it probably should (for sanitary reasons) be thrown out by then. DON'T apply or blend this product with your fingers because it will start to adjust to the color of your fingers. A makeup sponge works best.
Macy H.
Apex, NC
Doesn't match skin too well but light weight and pretty good coverage Doesn't match skin well I would assume more for people with fair skin you should ask for help when you get the product so it will match your skin Lite weight on skin and also and pretty good coverage but not as good as a regular foundation but my skin can defintaly get away with it You should ask people to give you the most well color for your exact skin type but over all this product worked. Erg we'll for me I defi tally recommend d this for people who awe looking for a light weight foundation
Abby G.
Menomonie, WI
I wish I had darker/tanner skin to be able to use this because my skin is just too light. It says that it adjusts to your skin tone but it ended up making me look orange, and my skin tone is not orange.... It did give me the perfect coverage but I couldn't wear it in public because it was too dark for my skin tone. I do still recommend it because tanner people would be able to use this, but other snowmen like me cannot.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.