BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your s...2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Mariana O.
Alpharetta, GA
It's very sheer and light coverage, but it evens everything out in a very natural look. I use it with another foundation with a little more coverage to make it a bit more long lasting and have more coverage.
In this case I used Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealerin color 06 Sand Baige and used 300 medium from Almay Smart Shade.
A little goes a long way!!!
Renee B.
Prineville, OR
If you want full coverage I don't recommend this. If your skin tends to be very shiny I don't recommend this product. I have very pale skin and for the longest time this was the only foundation I could find that sort of worked. It still had a yellow-ish tone to it. My skin is also very blotchy due to being a redhead. This foundation required layers in order to cover everything, and it rubs off very easily.
Tyler S.
Wilsonville, AL
Almay has never been a brand that I turn to, but I was super impressed with this foundation and have since tried more of their products, and loved them as well!
I have dry skin and this looks great! The coverage is medium on me, and that is without a primer. I have tried using a primer, but I notice that the primer seems to interfere with the color matching. Also, use your fingers to apply! Something about using a brush or sponge doesn't work well. It matches my fair skin perfectly and looks great all day! Very impressed!
linda s.
West covina, CA
Review for: Smart Balance 200, Other more...
This is the perfect foundation, it blends right in your skin , giving you the perfect shade , I love this
I have 4 of these because there perfect,
I don't have to search for a shade and hope it looks good , I know it will , it gives you they even complexion, nice healthy glow
Amy S.
Review for: Light/Medium more...
Love this foundation!! I have been using this for at least 8 + years. I have fair skin and I go with the light color. It matches my skin tone perfectly! Evens out my skin. It’s like I’m not even wearing makeup. I just add a little blush and I’m good to go! Will keep buying. I will continue to recommend. Love love love!!
Renee B.
Baltimore, MD
This is some kind of sorcery! How does it come out of the tube white but then morph into a shade of brown?? I'm amazed every time. I have pretty standard fair-medium skin, so it's not too hard to match, but I do have a lot of pink undertones and this matches pretty well.
Courtney H.
I absolutely love this foundation. I use this on days I'm feeling super lazy, or in the summer. I apply it just using my hands. It's not a ton of coverage at all. Very light. But it makes your skin look so healthy and glowy. It evens out your skin tone and it's so effortless.

Recommend ☺️💕💫
naomi K.
Review for: Light more...
very nice sort of "airbrush" effect when using a dense buffing brush. Normally liquid foundation oxidizes terribly on me, but i don't have any issue with this one. Skin looks fairly natural, but try to let it set before adding powder or you may look slightly cakey. Will buy again as Almay never reacts with my skin and I get a natural looking base every time.
Diana M.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
This new foundation claims to match any skin shade magically. It starts out as a white cream and develops into what supposedly is your exact skin tone. This one ounce plastic bottle of foundation comes in Light, Light/Medium, or Medium. I chose Light/Medium. I wish I had chosen Medium. This looks like a cream and then, on the face, does darken and come up to a skin tone shade. But it is much more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. It doesn't cover freckles blemishes, flaws, or redness. It evens out skin tone some and dries to a somewhat powdery finish. On me, it developed to about a shade too light. I am light/medium as far as skin tone but if I ever bought this again, I would try the Medium and hope it matched my skin exactly.

I don't know how this works but it's fun to watch it develop. However, it simply doesn't have the coverage a foundation has. It is much more like moisturizer with a tint. That would be great for flawless skin or those who don't like or need heavier coverage. I prefer a light to medium coverage foundation. I would classify this as sheer. It feels good on the skin and I had no issues with breakouts but I felt I needed more color.

This foundation may be for you if you like sheer coverage or tinted moisturizers. Be sure to choose the right shade because it can look too light or even orangey from what I have heard although I saw no orange. It is so lightweight that I didn't know if it faded or not after a few hours. I could barely see it to begin with.

My Viewpoint

This new skin matching foundation is unique and sheer. It goes on white and matches your skin tone if you have light to medium skin. If you like sheer, tinted moisturizer, you may like this foundation. If you need heavier coverage, I'm afraid this one will disappoint. 3 stars.

Christine m.
Kingston, MA
Love this foundation..its super light on the skin really takes away any discoloration you may have biut it is light so if your looking for full coverage this won't be as good fit...I love how it goes on white then magically transforms into your skin tone..I've wasted alot of money buying all different shades on foundation that were either too light or too dark.. with this it takes the guesswork out of it.. perfect color matching every time
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.