BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Kassandra R.
Riverside, CA
Bought the foundation out of curiosity, was excited to try it. I tried this foundation with and without a primer, but I preferred to use it without a primer. Feels light weight and smooth on the skin, but to be honest it seems more like another BB cream. The coverage is very light, perfect for a day when you don't feel like weighing your skin down.
Stephanie T.
Albuquerque, NM
I just love Almay Smart Shade, it is light and not sticky. It leaves my face smooth and corrects my unbalanced skin tone. It's small, too so I can carry it in my purse for easy touch ups. I especially love that it has SPF 15 because I live in the desert and I'm always worried about sun damage. I recommend this foundation to anyone. It's great!
Kassandra B.
Troy, NY
There's no "shade-sensing technology" here, just a foundations that gets even darker as you try to blend. I bought the light shade and it wasn't too bad when I first applied it but when I tried to blend it got very dark and didn't match my fair skin at all. It was also very liqiudy and drying at the same time. I really expected more out of Almay.
Rebecca B.
Euless, TX
This is by far the worst foundation I have ever tried. The formula is way too watery and has absolutely no coverage whatsoever. If anything try using the Smart Shade Blush because that is probably the only decent product from the Smart Shade line.
Lucinda H.
Hiram, GA
I don't wear a full face of makeup very often, but when I do I use my Almay Smart Shade in light. It feels like a lotion on my face which to me is fine because I don't like feeling like I have 3 inches of goop on my face. There have been a couple of occasions where the color is a little off, but it does not happen often. I always try to shake the bottle a bit to make sure the different colors inside get mixed. The smell is not great but honestly what makeup smells amazing?
somer c.
Vancouver, WA
Gives you a light coverage, enough to tone down super rosy cheeks. When it dries it feels like powder on my skin. Matches my skin tone pretty well, so it doesn't look like my face is caked in makeup. It seems a bit drying. I have to exfoliate and moisturize really well before use, which is part of my routine anyway so its not a deal breaker for me.
Ashley  K.
E Northport, NY
Not a huge fan of this product but I will sometimes use it when I do not feel like having full coverage/or have the time to use my real foundation. I sometimes feel like this product leaves my skin feeling very oily. The coverage doesn't last all day which with a busy schedule like mine I do not have the time to reapplying through out the day. Overall, it is an okay product, but I believe there are better ones out on the market.
Erika M.
Harrisburg, PA
Well I've never found a foundation that I could compare to glue but this is the one. I could hardly rub it into my face... And it the more I tried to rub it in, the worse it got - and finally it started to peel... It was very strange. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone but Almay has amaIng eyeshadows, liners, and mascaras... And I'm also a fan of their makeup removers.
Katie H.
Placentia, CA
This foundation does have SPF and is light on the face but it does not do the job. I was disappointed because I need a good foundation for the summer months. It did not make me break out which is awesome and has SPF so it met some criteria of mine but did not do its main purpose. It also does not seem to really turn a shade just a very light tint.
Allison C.
I've been using Almay Anti-aging Smart Shade Foundation for almost a year, and I love it. It's my go-to brand when I'm looking for a lightweight, light coverage foundation. It gives me semi-matte coverage. The smart shade technology works with my skin: I get a perfect match using the Light shade. It's inexpensive, often on sale, and I like it a lot.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.