BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Amber M.
Arbuckle, CA
I really wanted to like this foundation. Almay has so many great products like the liquid lip balms, one coat mascara, and the eye liners for different eye colors. This foundation just didn't work for me, I got the lightest shade and it was to dark for my fair skin tone. My skin looked orange and we all hate that. This would be great if there were more shade options.
Roberta B.
Alpine, CA
I have used all kinds of foundations on myself and clients and I loved the concept of a "smart shade" as it makes it more affordable for me to have a variety of colors, but this product leaves my face streaky and orange, almost like a bad self tanner. I have tried other smart shade BB creams and find that although they have a more sheer coverage, they are much better.
Krystle B.
American Canyon, CA
I tried this foundation thinking that it would be perfect since I always have a hard time finding my perfect shade when it comes to drugstore foundations, but after trying this, I'd rather go through different shades of the same foundation to find my perfect shade instead of using this. It leaves this weird white cast on my face even though I have thoroughly rubbed it in and it barely gives coverage. Not impressed with this at all.
Destiny S.
Columbus, OH
Thus far, I've been pretty happy with how most Almay products work. This foundation will do they job, but it is definitely not the best foundation you could purchase. The makeup is extremely liquidy, and doesn't provide a lot of coverage. The "smart shade technology" really has no effect and the shade that comes out of the packaging is the shade it appears on your face.
Kathryn M.
Levittown, PA
I use this product a lot. I find it covers enough without looking to heavy. I find the color matched pretty. I was kinda surprised with all the negative reviews. My sister even needed her make up done for a wedding and I used it on her because we both have similar pale skin tones and it worked very well for her too.

I especially like how light it feels on my face. I can't stand my skin feeling suffocated by make up.

Brenda D.
Sioux Falls, SD
This was one of the first foundations I ever tried. I have a medium skin tone & found a shade that initally matched me. However, this did nothing for covering up pores and would settle and wear unevenly as the day progressed. If that wasn't a deal breaker, the fact that within a couple hours it would oxidize horribly and turn a very unflattering shade of yellow-orange made me quickly stop using it after only a couple of weeks. I wanted to like it, but it just had no redeeming qualities for me.
Monica S.
I have oily skin and without a powder this product does not stay on my skin, my face also has yellow undertones and this is more suted for those who have neutral or pink skin tones. I have to apply the color quickly since I put the product on the back of my hand first, which is darker than my face, it tends to change color and can result in unever color application.
Darrien E.
Derby, KS
I was really looking forward to trying this foundation, it seemed a little far fetched that it could change and adapt to my exact skin color… and well I should have trusted my gut. It’s awful. Didn’t change at all it started out white and then turned an obnoxiously dark shade of… orange. I have had problems before with the Almay making me break out. This too had the same effect. I would not waste money buying this again. EVER.
kaitlyn h.
Florala, AL
Review for: Medium
I love this product is very good quality it is very long-lasting and I loved it I highly recommend it to anyone it is seriously the best thing on the market. I think this is a good product for any new beginning make up artist definitely good for all types of make up
Candice H.
Tuscaloosa, AL
I bought this thinking it would do wonders on my face. I was expecting spots and blemishes to be covered. Once put on it made my face look very pale and the spots to stand out more. I heard great reviews of it and went darker and the results were even worse. It may be great for some but I was in no way pleased I even tried spot treatment and it made things worse.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.