BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your s...2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Betty T.
Dearborn, MI
I am a huge fan of Almay products and this is something I have purchased over and again. I mostly use this foundation in the summer when I don't want a heavy application. I have clear skin so I don't need much coverage. I love that it has SPF in it as well. I noticed some reviews mentioned a bad smell - this is something I've not noticed myself. I definitely recommend this product.
Jessica C.
Washington , DC
I've actually been using this foundation for awhile now and I love it. Recently, it was doing something weird where it came out darker than my skin tone and I looked horrible!! Thankfully, it was easily remedied... just shook up the tube before squeezing it out! It comes out very light and doesn't leave my face oily or cakey. One of my favorite foundations.
Nicole E.
San Diego, CA
I've used this foundation off and on for years. I use it when my skin is clearer because it is a bit sheer and does not cover breakouts well. This product is one of the few foundations that has never made my skin breakout. I have to use this product quickly because if I keep it too long it has a harder time matching my skin, but that's probably for the best because it probably should (for sanitary reasons) be thrown out by then. DON'T apply or blend this product with your fingers because it will start to adjust to the color of your fingers. A makeup sponge works best.
Holly B.
Did not particularly care for this foundation. And I hate having to say anything negative about Almay because I love most of their products and the ingredients are very skin friendly. However, this Smart Shade Foundation has the coverage of a BB cream, or maybe not even that much. Also, the shade it adjusted to for my skin was a little on the orange side.
Melissa M.
Richmond, VA
I used to use this a lot when I was a little younger. I like how the color usually matches well, but it made my skin look shiny (and I have normal skin so this had never been a problem for me before) It's also very runny and can be kind of a mess if you're not prepared for it. If that's not a problem for you, I would suggest using it. I still keep a bottle or two around for backup when I run out of my other foundations.
Brooke M.
Pittston, PA
I am incredibly pale so I often have a very difficult time finding foundation that doesn't make me look orange....this product did not work for me at all. It turned an off orange-ish shade and did not give me the coverage I was looking for. Granted I probably am an exception because of my complexion, but if you have very fair skin I would avoid this product!
Macy H.
Apex, NC
Doesn't match skin too well but light weight and pretty good coverage Doesn't match skin well I would assume more for people with fair skin you should ask for help when you get the product so it will match your skin Lite weight on skin and also and pretty good coverage but not as good as a regular foundation but my skin can defintaly get away with it You should ask people to give you the most well color for your exact skin type but over all this product worked. Erg we'll for me I defi tally recommend d this for people who awe looking for a light weight foundation
Drue C.
Lake Charles, LA
I tried this for the first time this summer because I wanted something light and I saw that Tati had tried it. This was not the case. It was oily feeling and felt like it sat on my face weird. I hated the way it felt and it gave me this strange purple hue.
Jessica B.
Metamora, MI
At first I loved my smart shade product, then one morning I applied it and drove to work. When I got into the parking lot I looked into my mirror just to make sure I looked presentable and SURPRISE! My face was ORANGE! I was frantically trying to wipe it and I couldn't believe that that was the shade it adjusted to. I will not spend the money on it again.
Aimee M.
I have tried a couple foundations and I don't think this should be considered foundation, it's more of a tinted moisturizer. It doesn't cover blemishes, rosacea, scars, etc. It's also not for people with oily skin because this barely stayed on my face. If you have perfect skin already and you want something with SPF then yeah try this out but I still think there are better products out there that will do a better job.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.