BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
norma b.
Yakima, WA
Smart shade Almay foundation is my favorite.
It takes away the guessing game of matchimg skin color and matches it with almost no effort.
Love it and will continue using this brand as my go to foundation.
Mia S.
Ellabell, GA
I've only tried this product once before and I've found that it doesn't work for people with fair skin, it's too dark and a light application doesn't cover much. I've always used Clinique's foundation and I tried to mix it up but it was a complete fail, ended up giving it to a friend of mine who has more of a olive complexion and according to her it works great.
Charlene L.
Bronx, NY
I have tried this about a year ago. I was excited about it being able to "perfectly" match my skin tone.BUT that wasn't the case. After blending it on my skin It started to look whiteish (if that is a word,lol). It made me look like i had the wrong color fondation on. I ultimately gave the two tubes that I had to friend. The only positive that I did notice was that It was really lite weight and didn't clump or anything like that.
Onyeka A.
If you don't have scars and blemishes I'd say this is the foundation for you, BUT at the end if the day my face was a HUGE greasy mess! I applied with my fingers and topped it with a little bit of pressed powder, but it turned it to be no good. It didn't cake, but I had to use blotting sheets all day. So if you have oily skin already this will just make it worse!
Jessica G.
Los Angeles, CA
This "foundation" is more like a tinted moisturizer. It has light coverage. It won't cover blemishes/dark spots though. This product does find your shade in my opinion because both my mom and I use the same bottle and her and I are not the same skin tone. Of course try to the shade that's closest to your skin tone so you can have better results. Staying power wasn't so great for me..then again I have oily skin. If you like tinted moisturizers get it. If you want full coverage foundation don't!
Brenda D.
Sioux Falls, SD
This was one of the first foundations I ever tried. I have a medium skin tone & found a shade that initally matched me. However, this did nothing for covering up pores and would settle and wear unevenly as the day progressed. If that wasn't a deal breaker, the fact that within a couple hours it would oxidize horribly and turn a very unflattering shade of yellow-orange made me quickly stop using it after only a couple of weeks. I wanted to like it, but it just had no redeeming qualities for me.
Jillian S.
Coronado, CA
I love this foundation, I feel like it's barely there when I wear it, and it does blend very nicely! This is definitely my go to foundation for going and and making sure my skin looks great! Of course it doesn't give the "flawless" look but it does cover up quite a bit. I certainly love it. It is the first foundation I've actually bought another one when I ran out!
Alyssa L.
Woburn, MA
This makeup is smart, but not smart enough to correct itself if you pick a darker shade and have very pale skin. I have very fair skin and chose the light/medium shade, and it has been great so far with coverage as my face has more freckles in the beginning summer months. I was also told by my dermatologist that Almay is one of the best brands for sensitive skin, so I will be sticking with this foundation for the summer.
Abby G.
Menomonie, WI
I wish I had darker/tanner skin to be able to use this because my skin is just too light. It says that it adjusts to your skin tone but it ended up making me look orange, and my skin tone is not orange.... It did give me the perfect coverage but I couldn't wear it in public because it was too dark for my skin tone. I do still recommend it because tanner people would be able to use this, but other snowmen like me cannot.
Aimee M.
I have tried a couple foundations and I don't think this should be considered foundation, it's more of a tinted moisturizer. It doesn't cover blemishes, rosacea, scars, etc. It's also not for people with oily skin because this barely stayed on my face. If you have perfect skin already and you want something with SPF then yeah try this out but I still think there are better products out there that will do a better job.
Cristal G.
Corp Christi, TX
WHAT IS THE COVERAGE ON THIS MAKEUP?
Amanda M.
YAH OR NAY????????
Marissa L.
Houston, Texas
Does it make your face oily?
Rebel B.
Canon, GA
Can anyone say with 100% that they love this product?
Evelyn A.
Louisville , KY
Is this a good product?? Never tried it before.