BY ALMAY

Available In 6 Skintone-adjusting Shades

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Jen B.
I hated this product so much because it did nothing for my skin. It is supposed to automatically match your skin tone, which I thought sounded awesome. It is often hard to figure out what shade you are when buying foundation in a drugstore. Unfortunately, it did not make a difference on my face at all, and it covered absolutely nothing. Biggest waste of money ever.
norma b.
Yakima, WA
Smart shade Almay foundation is my favorite.
It takes away the guessing game of matchimg skin color and matches it with almost no effort.
Love it and will continue using this brand as my go to foundation.
Kathryn M.
Levittown, PA
I use this product a lot. I find it covers enough without looking to heavy. I find the color matched pretty. I was kinda surprised with all the negative reviews. My sister even needed her make up done for a wedding and I used it on her because we both have similar pale skin tones and it worked very well for her too.

I especially like how light it feels on my face. I can't stand my skin feeling suffocated by make up.

Darrien E.
Derby, KS
I was really looking forward to trying this foundation, it seemed a little far fetched that it could change and adapt to my exact skin color… and well I should have trusted my gut. It’s awful. Didn’t change at all it started out white and then turned an obnoxiously dark shade of… orange. I have had problems before with the Almay making me break out. This too had the same effect. I would not waste money buying this again. EVER.
Jillian S.
Coronado, CA
I love this foundation, I feel like it's barely there when I wear it, and it does blend very nicely! This is definitely my go to foundation for going and and making sure my skin looks great! Of course it doesn't give the "flawless" look but it does cover up quite a bit. I certainly love it. It is the first foundation I've actually bought another one when I ran out!
Monica S.
I have oily skin and without a powder this product does not stay on my skin, my face also has yellow undertones and this is more suted for those who have neutral or pink skin tones. I have to apply the color quickly since I put the product on the back of my hand first, which is darker than my face, it tends to change color and can result in unever color application.
Abby G.
Menomonie, WI
I wish I had darker/tanner skin to be able to use this because my skin is just too light. It says that it adjusts to your skin tone but it ended up making me look orange, and my skin tone is not orange.... It did give me the perfect coverage but I couldn't wear it in public because it was too dark for my skin tone. I do still recommend it because tanner people would be able to use this, but other snowmen like me cannot.
Alyssa L.
Woburn, MA
This makeup is smart, but not smart enough to correct itself if you pick a darker shade and have very pale skin. I have very fair skin and chose the light/medium shade, and it has been great so far with coverage as my face has more freckles in the beginning summer months. I was also told by my dermatologist that Almay is one of the best brands for sensitive skin, so I will be sticking with this foundation for the summer.
Randi G.
pageland, SC
I am in love with foundation. It gives just the right amount of coverage and it matches my skin tone perfectly! I have found that it looks best if you start with a primer, apply the foundation and then finish with a powder!!! I've used this foundation for about a year, I've switched to other brands but always come back to this one because of the coverage!!!!
Betty T.
Dearborn, MI
I am a huge fan of Almay products and this is something I have purchased over and again. I mostly use this foundation in the summer when I don't want a heavy application. I have clear skin so I don't need much coverage. I love that it has SPF in it as well. I noticed some reviews mentioned a bad smell - this is something I've not noticed myself. I definitely recommend this product.
Michele B.
Naples, ME
Would you buy this again?
jessica l.
Bronx, ny
Does this really make your skin oily?
daisy D.
Okeechobee, FL
Is this the only foundation this brand has?
Jessica K.
What is your shade?
Desiree F.
City Industry, CA
Does this product give full coverage?? And my skin tends to get oily sometimes, will this make it worse?