BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Drue C.
Lake Charles, LA
I tried this for the first time this summer because I wanted something light and I saw that Tati had tried it. This was not the case. It was oily feeling and felt like it sat on my face weird. I hated the way it felt and it gave me this strange purple hue.
Abby G.
Menomonie, WI
I wish I had darker/tanner skin to be able to use this because my skin is just too light. It says that it adjusts to your skin tone but it ended up making me look orange, and my skin tone is not orange.... It did give me the perfect coverage but I couldn't wear it in public because it was too dark for my skin tone. I do still recommend it because tanner people would be able to use this, but other snowmen like me cannot.
Nicole E.
San Diego, CA
I've used this foundation off and on for years. I use it when my skin is clearer because it is a bit sheer and does not cover breakouts well. This product is one of the few foundations that has never made my skin breakout. I have to use this product quickly because if I keep it too long it has a harder time matching my skin, but that's probably for the best because it probably should (for sanitary reasons) be thrown out by then. DON'T apply or blend this product with your fingers because it will start to adjust to the color of your fingers. A makeup sponge works best.
Chelsea V.
I used this for a while, and I loved how easy it was to apply and how it blended to my skin. I don't have oily skin, so it didn't make my face feel super heavy or anything. It is a very light way to cover up blemishes though, and it doesn't cover up everything. I use bare minerals now, and I like that a lot better. But I think for the price it is a good product
Betty T.
Dearborn, MI
I am a huge fan of Almay products and this is something I have purchased over and again. I mostly use this foundation in the summer when I don't want a heavy application. I have clear skin so I don't need much coverage. I love that it has SPF in it as well. I noticed some reviews mentioned a bad smell - this is something I've not noticed myself. I definitely recommend this product.
Holly B.
Did not particularly care for this foundation. And I hate having to say anything negative about Almay because I love most of their products and the ingredients are very skin friendly. However, this Smart Shade Foundation has the coverage of a BB cream, or maybe not even that much. Also, the shade it adjusted to for my skin was a little on the orange side.
Randi G.
pageland, SC
I am in love with foundation. It gives just the right amount of coverage and it matches my skin tone perfectly! I have found that it looks best if you start with a primer, apply the foundation and then finish with a powder!!! I've used this foundation for about a year, I've switched to other brands but always come back to this one because of the coverage!!!!
Aimee M.
I have tried a couple foundations and I don't think this should be considered foundation, it's more of a tinted moisturizer. It doesn't cover blemishes, rosacea, scars, etc. It's also not for people with oily skin because this barely stayed on my face. If you have perfect skin already and you want something with SPF then yeah try this out but I still think there are better products out there that will do a better job.
Jessica B.
Metamora, MI
At first I loved my smart shade product, then one morning I applied it and drove to work. When I got into the parking lot I looked into my mirror just to make sure I looked presentable and SURPRISE! My face was ORANGE! I was frantically trying to wipe it and I couldn't believe that that was the shade it adjusted to. I will not spend the money on it again.
Macy H.
Apex, NC
Doesn't match skin too well but light weight and pretty good coverage Doesn't match skin well I would assume more for people with fair skin you should ask for help when you get the product so it will match your skin Lite weight on skin and also and pretty good coverage but not as good as a regular foundation but my skin can defintaly get away with it You should ask people to give you the most well color for your exact skin type but over all this product worked. Erg we'll for me I defi tally recommend d this for people who awe looking for a light weight foundation
Khadiza B.
How much coverage?
Georgia P.
Las Vegas, NV
Did it leave anyones skin flaky or dry?
Sally P.
Apple Valley, CA
How is the coverage on this??
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Does it make your face super oily? Or does it spread easily..
Alesia T.
Does it really blend as nice and naturally to your skin tone as it claims?