BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Kat D.
Sacramento, CA
I bought this stuff while trying to find a new foundation after my local store stopped carrying my favorite brand. I was so excited about the smart shade technology that I automatically assumed that it would work for pale people too. That's what it's advertised for.... right? Wrong! I blended the makeup with my fingers and it turned brown and streaky. If I touched the makeup at all it did this, if I didn't it would slowly turn that really fake pinkish color. Maybe if I were a bit more tan it wouldn't have been so noticeable but on behalf of all the pale girls looking into this product I have to give it an F.
Michelle L.
Clifton, NJ
It's a a great lighter coverage, easily blend-able smooth non caulk foundation. It's perfect for hot days as it feels very light on the skin and has good light coverage. I have blemish prone skin and this does not dry out or annoy any breakouts or blemishes I have going on.
Jackie M.
I tired this back in middle school.... so it's been quite a few years for me. From my experience, it never did actually match up to my skin tone. I had bought the light-medium one since my skin is fairly pale but I do have a slight tan to it as well and it just didn't match up. It says that it's supposed to be a smart shade foundation so I'm wondering if they just don't work with my skin.
Jennifer S.
On my skin, this foundation acted more like a barely tinted moisturizer. There aren't many shades to choose from in the line and the coverage was barely noticeable. I have sensitive skin and I tend to use more Almay products than anything, but I will not be repurchasing this.
Jessica S.
Jacksonville, FL
I tried this product not to long after it first came out and the coverage is very minimal,which I was not to fond of. I felt like this really didn't cover any of my redness or flaws. I guess technically it did get my shade because it blended in so well that it looked like I didn't have any makeup on at all but it also didn't conceal my flaws either. I personally say don't waste your money.
Fatima C.
Gardena, CA
I have always had a difficult time with matching foundations simply because I have a problem with redness. When I purchased this, I feared that it would not do its job as intended because of my redness, but in fact, it blew my mind.

It is very thin, but a little goes a long way and keeps me lasting through the day. I do not need excess powders, layers or anything. Simply this and go. It matches flawlessly and does everything it says it would.
Pamela H.
I have always liked Almay, but they really let me down on this one. I chose the Light shade, as I'm fair skinned. First, it was an oily texture (that didn't decrease with wear), and there was barely any coverage. Second, I turned orange! Haha, I looked like an Oompa Loompa. It was extremely difficult to wash off. It went into the trash immediately. I do not recommend this.
Bianca T.
I have oily/combo skin and large pores. I love Almay Products and I've used their other foundations which match my skin very well. I don't have the best skin so needless to say this foundation didn't offer the coverage I need. In my opinion it's very lightweight. I do think it matches the skin color well but as for coverage, it's barely there. It was okay,I wouldn't buy it again.
Savannah T.
Big Stone Gap, VA
I don't think it matches as well as the product ads lead you to believe. I think that it probably works pretty well for people with in-the-middle skin tones for each shade spectrum, but for those of us that are on the extreme side (I'm very pale complected) it just doesn't do the job. The coverage is okay, it just doesn't really do me any good since it doesn't match my skin tone.
Casey M.
I am not good about wearing foundation every day. I desperately wanted to find an easy-to-wear brand that was affordable for my (at that time) college budget. When I was in college, I thought it was great. It went on easy, and it seemed to even out my skin tone. Unfortunately, this stuff does not have staying power. I felt like it would last maybe a few hours. Given that it took a bit of time to apply enough to make a difference, it just didn't seem worth it. So I stopped using it and upgraded to Laura Mercier instead.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.