BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Tamera R.
Madera, CA
As a woman who spent most of her life performing, from dance competitions to theatre, I've dealt with a lot of foundations from light to heavy. This foundation is definitely on the light side, as it provides very little coverage. If you have acne or dsrk spots, this is not the foundation for you. On days when my skin is more clear, this foundation is great for a quick and easy sheer look. I think the color matching is fairly accurate, if not the slightest bit orange.
Tess G.
Philadelphia, PA
I picked up this product after seeing commercial after commercial, and decided I needed to test it out. The product is white, with little specks in it. When you work it into your skin, the specks "color match." The product became the color of my skin, but did little to cover any pigmentation or acne. If you have perfect skin, this could be a nice product, but if you need coverage, try something else.
Alisha J.
Henrietta, TX
I'm extremely fair skinned and it's very hard to find a foundation that will match my skin tone. I gave this a try in hopes that it would work, but alas, it was too orange/beige for me. I thought the application was great and watching it "color" up in my hand was really fun. But the fairest tone is still too dark for me. It's a shame because I would have continued using it if it would have worked.
Leah A.
Versailles, KY
I picked up this product because I was in an amateur theatre group and men are apparently incapable of finding their own shade of makeup (shocking i know)! I thought this would be the perfect solution and one that the girls could use too. Basically, something handy that a wide variety of people could use. I was wrong. To say the shades didn't match would probably be an understatement. However, it typical came out a shade or more darker which was actually beneficial to our "stage" needs. We ended up using it but only as stage or costume make up.
Jessica R.
Commerce City , CO
I was so disappointed with the promises of flawless, evenly covered, true shade skin. The foundation did not cover evenly at all, no matter how I tried to apply it I was left with streaks and uneven coverage. I also used two different shades because the first one made me look like a ghost and the other one made me look orange. As far as flawless..... I broke out in really bad hives from this product.
Emily P.
Woodstock, GA
Drugstore foundations always leave those of us who are very very pale (and, in the same respect, very very dark) out of the loop. This is no different. It's sheer, which is great if that's what you're going for, but lacks a wide shade range, making it difficult to find a color if you don't fall into the "typical" skin tones. I would recommend high end foundations over drugstore ones any day!
Samantha H.
Corp Christi, TX
I'm not sure how this foundation isn't at an A rating because its amazing. If you are looking for a full coverage foundation, no drug store brand is going to give it to you. This product is easily blendable and able to be built to a medium coverage. I love that it matches my skin tone perfectly, and I also love the science behind the makeup. It goes from white, to your skin tone with the warming of your fingers or skin. I would say this foundation is one step up from a BB cream, and like I said if your looking to cover acne, scars, rosacia, etc...drug store makeup won't help. Try Lock-It by Kat Von D for full coverage.
Brynley H.
Greensburg, PA
I was excited to try this because I can't ever find a foundation that matches exactly to my skin tone. It either ends up being too pink or orangey. However, I was disappointed with this product. It provides basically no coverage and is more like a tinted moisturizer. However I've used tinted moisturizers that provide more coverage than this product offers. Overall I would not recommend.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
You get what you pay for. Now i am not saying that in a bad way at all because i like almay. Now that they have changed there formula it has become an amazing product. It is a little more than the other brands at its location but its because the quality is better and last longer.
Melissa C.
Richlands, NC
Alright the commercials had me curious so when I ran out of my usual foundation, I decided to give this a try; bad idea. After my first application I noticed that it was WAY to dark ( I got the lightest shade), then I noticed that if I rubbed it to much it would pill up on my face, gross! The coverage was to light to even make a difference but just enough to show the color was still to dark.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.