BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Jennifer L.
New Albany, IN
I tried this a few months ago, because w my fair skin tone its hard to find a foundation that isn't too light or too orangey. I also have very sensitive skin. I had to blend it in for a while, and it felt greasy and cakey. It is very sheer which I didn't mind so much as I don't like to wear a ton of makeup. I think I will stick to physicians formula mineral powder for now....
Alex C.
Bakersfield, CA
Now I absolutely love all Almay products, they sell my favorite liquid eyeliner. The smart shade makeup is a wonderful idea because who wouldn't want to take the guessing work out of trying to find your shade but it just didn't work for me. It left my skin feeling greasy and after buffing it in it created a grey cast over my face. I don't know if that happened because of the SPF 15 in the product or why but I just wasn't too impressed.
Heather W.
Hendersonvlle, TN
I do like this foundation, but it's not great for oily skin. Even with setting powder my t-zone was shiny after 2-3 hours. However, it's a great foundation if you have issues finding a color match. It goes on white, then adjusts to your skin tone. If you have dry or normal skin, I think this would be a great option.
Kacee H.
Buckeye, AZ
Well I have tried this product and with all other foundations I have tried once again my ofrehead ends up all shiny by the end of the day. I really do not like reapplying powder I don;t like to look like a cake face just enough to cover and not to tell I am wearing anything at all. But the coverage is good and makes my skin look good. Love the shades they match really well.
Maryssa T.
Linthicum Heights
If you are fair-skinned with freckles, beware. This product will try to match to your freckles and you will turn out an orange-skinned mess. The color-matching seems to run a little on the warm side as well, so if you have pink undertones, I would also avoid this. The texture is not my favorite, on me it seems to cling to dry patches and create excess oiliness in the t-zone.
Allie B.
Tallahassee, FL
I bought this makeup because I know Almay is good for sensitive skin. After moving to college and dealing with the many stressors, my face was breaking out like crazy so I knew I had to change my makeup quick! I didn't want to spend too much money, so I went with a drugstore brand. It was pretty good for the amount I paid. One of the downsides is that you really have to shake it up before applying or else the liquid comes out way too dark. I also had to really work with blending this. It was good during the summer months as a light tinted moisturizer and helped my skin to calm down a little
Amanda S.
Aiea, HI
I have medium toned skin so I was a bit skeptical of this product actually "color-matching," but it actually did work! However, it's really light so if you're looking for medium-coverage, you'll have to look elsewhere. This was perfect for me--I wanted this product to give me a more even skin tone, which it did. To me, it's almost like a tinted moisturizer (with SPF, yay!)
Michelle W.
Grand Rapids, MI
I wanted to try a new foundation. I saw that Almay Smart Shade in light/medium 1 Fl. oz was on sale at Meijer, so I purchased it and was pleasantly surprised at how well it matched my skin color. It stays on all day. Doesn't make my face shiny. It was a great purchase. I will be buying again.
Rylie H.
East Lansing, MI
I was thrilled to see the ad for this make up, the one where Kate Hudson glides it along her skin and it magically matched her skin tone perfectly. I always struggle with finding my perfect match and I thought this would be the answer to my prayers, but I was seriously mistaken. This make up did not blend to match my skin tone at all, even after picking my shade. This is just another crappy foundation that you should not waste your money on.
Taylor S.
Smyrna, TN
Wasn't really pleased with this product. Yeah it is cool that you don't have to worry about not looking for the perfect shade to match you but this product just didn't work well for me. It barely even applied anything. It showed every blemish that I had clear as day. Not a fan of that. I wear makeup to try to hide the redness of my face and random acne not to make them stand out.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.