Add a Photo

Photos (50)
Phoebe P.
Phoebe P.
San Diego, CA
I don't use liquid foundation all that often but I tried this in the summertime, and I didn't like it at all. My skin type is very dry, and this product made me very greasy, so I could only imagine what it does for oily skin. It did even out my skin tone, but it looked a shade too light because of the SPF. Flash photography created a white cast. Maybe it is best in colder weather and set with powder?
Sophia T.
Sophia T.
Dallas, TX
I bought this because it said it changes to match your skin tone exactly. I have a pretty even tone si I thought this would be cool. This product was clearly not meant for black women. In no way did it match my color. And it was a bit grainy too.
Lauren M.
Lauren M.
Port St Lucie, FL
Although it didn't match my pale tone (made is obvious I had a darker color on my skin - like a horrible spray tan) it did do what is says and it spread smoothly and evenly. But they should come out with a lighter color.
Emily G.
Emily G.
Cary, NC
I used this before I switched to a powder foundation and I liked it.
yesenia b.
yesenia b.
I used this product for a while .. it was not till i tried a other cover make up that i realized this is not the best one .. yes it does blend but more like water .. not make up
Jessica J.
Jessica J.
Lake City, FL
This product is okay, it works with my skin tone, I have a hard skin tone to match up, and this product helps me to get the right shade, me and my mom both use it from time to time.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
Hesperia, CA
Works great as a light summer foundation as it only has light to medium coverage. Doesn't work as great on acne prone skin. As for the "smart shade," it adjusted to my shade as it says it would, but after a while it turned pretty dark. I recommend this product for people with smooth skin and only use their makeup until it's halfway empty
Andrea S.
Andrea S.
Deatsville, AL
There was very little color matching for me. Gave a very ashy look when used by itself. Powder helped the second try.
Marisol R.
Marisol R.
Monterey Park, CA
I bought this on a whim. I had ran out of my holy grail foundation (Revlon ColorStay). Sadly my local CVS had ran out of my shade (320) and i didn't feel like searching for my right shade in another brand so i figured this was a good easy solution.

BIG MISTAKE!!! I should have at least tried to find something, anything that matched my skin.

I'm a MAC NC40 so finding my shade isn't too difficult if i use this as reference and do a quick online search for the corresponding shade in other brands. But i had heard great things about Almay and how it wasn't as damaging to your skin so i thought I'd give it a try.

Not only did it look Ashy but it looked super oily on my skin. Because of this, it didn't last very long on my face. I tried setting it with translucent powder but that didn't help much. By the end of the day i had patches of skin showing and i just really wasn't impressed.

Because they claim the beads will adjust to your natural skin color, they only made 3 shades to pick from. I picked the light medium because the medium looked too dark. When i exchanged it for medium i was right, it was too dark. So it was a choice between my face looking ashy or fake tanned. I could mix them together and hopefully get the right shade but that really defeats the purpose of the "smart shade technology" not to mention for $13 each i might as well just get a higher end foundation that i know I'm gonna love and will be the right shade. So the first chance i got i went back to CVS and luckily they had my holy grail foundation in my shade.
Maya S.
Maya S.
I never liked the smart-shade technology by Almay. It always ends up looking weird. Am I the only one who is not a fan of Almay's products, brand, or packaging in general? I think the company needs to revamp itself in R&D as well as in its marketing strategy.
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.