BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Lori P.
Fredericton, NB
I have no major complaints, the lightest shade I could get was still one or two darker than what I need - it didn't match me, but it was okay in a tight spot.
Miranda C.
Richmond, BC
Beauty Junkie Expert
So, I tried this foundation because Almay was doing a bogo half off sale. I love the squeeze tube--it makes it easy to control. I initially tried to apply this with a foundation brush, which is the norm for me, but quickly realized this foundation is best applied with your fingers. Like other reviewers, I do feel like this is kind of a "foundation/tinted moisturizer" kind of product. I was able to achieve medium coverage with it, but I felt like I applied a lot of product to get to that point. The result was beautiful, though! My large pores were gone, and my minor blemish marks were barely there. After some time passed I did notice that it started to oxidize, which is why I didn't give it 5 lippies. I am NC15 in MAC which is pretty light, and I felt like it oxidized about 1 shade darker. Not orange-y though, which is good because I feel like I could keep using this if I blend it down my neck a little. It held up pretty well on my oily skin, but I don't think I would rely on this for a special occasion. I did blot a couple of times during the day, so I'm not sure how this will hold up when the summer hits. All in all, I would say this product is a nice little gem to have around on the days when you don't want to use your high end foundation, or days when you don't want a lot of fuss.
Jessica W.
Newmarket, ON
I've tried this product a couple of times hoping to find a way to use it that doesn't make me look like an oompa loompa. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way. I have the foundation in light (I am a MAC NW15) and I've found that it turns me an awful orange colour. I have a friend who is slightly darker than me who has tried it as well and has found the same result.
Amber B.
Vancouver, BC
This product is a bit colour-heavy. It is a cool concept, but does not match many skin tones. I used it when I was younger, and it did the job. I guess it is a great starting product.
Crystal L.
Kingston
I have a medium skin tone and obviously I chose the shade medium. It was way too dark and it did not adjust to my skin tone at all. It was dark and watery, even when I tried shaking it up before use. It would have been good coverage if the consistency wasn't terrible.
Lindsey L.
Winnipeg
I found that this works well if...
1- you apply with fingers (putting it on a sponge or brush causes it to turn orange)
2- you put it on a clean face (otherwise it will turn orange)
3- you put it directly from the tube on your face and don't wait (it will turn orange if wait too long)

I found it had good coverage if applied accurately
Laura K.
Hamilton, ON
I tried this foundation a while ago and I found that it really didn't match with my skin tone. It made me look super orange.
tatheer z.
Great foundation! Not only does it give a natural look, but is fool proof in matching any skin tone , and gives just the right amount of coverage. The bonus is, it is inexpensive .
Josanne W.
This is just an ok product. I'm quite pale and went with the fairest shade which did indeed match relatively well. But it's not a foundation at all, just a tinted moisturizer.
Sid K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Yeah.....this really shouldn't even be called a "foundation"...a BB cream...perhaps, but definitely not a foundation! Didn't do a thing for me.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.