BY ALMAY

Available In 6 Skintone-adjusting Shades

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Mary-Ann I.
This foundation was a miss. I found that either I'd have a darker color or a lighter color depending on how much those beads of color will come out. Now, I only wear it with another foundation because since it does have SPF I'll just mix it in with a non spf foundation.
Dimm S.
I have been using this product for over 4 years and its my holy grail. it does not break me out i have normal to dry skin and i would say this isn't a foundation as it is stated more of a thicker tint moisturizer. it doesn't fully cover all flaws/marks/pimples etc. But this is for sure build-able. I love this it evens out the skin tone a lot from redness and color disorientation.
Patricia T.
Kirkland lake, Ontario
I like this product it is very light on the skin and doesn't make your face feel like you are wearing a mud mask. This is a product for people who don't feel the need to hide every little imperfections on their skin and that are looking for a more natural look. It also doesn't leave the mask effect on your skin because it does change color to match your natural skin tone.
Melissa D.
Calgary
I bought this a while back and was super excited about the technology behind it. Trouble was, when I would apply it would look great, and as the day went on it oxidized...A LOT. It turned me a ridiculous oompa-loompa shade of orange, even though I was using one of the lightest shades. I tried using less product, mixing it with a moisturizer and blending like crazy, nothing worked. I ended up throwing it out. What a waste.
Vanessa B.
Woodbridge, VA
I will start off with saying I am a regular foundation user and found this product to be just horrible. The Almay smart shade foundation did match my skin tone but once I applied it to my face I saw how runny it was. This product made my face look oily and I had to apply a lot of powder in order to make it look a little better then what it looked like.
Noorani L.
CALGARY
So i bought this a couple years ago and it is not good at all. It literally is just a lotion , thats it. I might have bought a shade too light but i still think it doesn't have any coverage. The most it does is even out your skin tone. I was disappointed because this product is expensive for a drugstore brand.Super over priced in my opinion. Not worth it. Instead of this , go for covergirl clean foundation.
Kayla J.
Huntersville, NC
I HATE saying why something was bad and having nothing good to say :( SO I apologize in advance! It smelled weird, texture was strange, and it oxidizes from a way to pink shade already to a crazy burnt orange (think jersey shore!) type of color! Ugh.
Isabelle E.
Eslöv
Yes, its smells not so good, but all the other foubdations Ive tried hasn't smelled so good either. The coverage its quite good, apply two layers you want more coverage. Its even better with a primer under it and powder over! The price is also good!
Kayla G.
East York
I tried out this product a while ago because the principle of it sounded interesting. I used it for about 2 weeks and was pretty disappointed. It didn't change to the shade of my skin tone like it said it would. I remained always a shade darker.
Josie H.
comox
This product is a lie. It does not " smart shade" your face there are just little pigment particles in the white base that break and mix in when you rub it on your face. Also the colors are wrong, I bought the lightest shade (light/medium) and it turned out to be a very dark tan color.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.