BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your s...2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Michelle L.
Calgary, AB
Tried the Almay Smart Shade Foundation when it first came out. I was excited because I thought this might be the perfect product to use for occasional blotchiness as it seemed very light. Didn't seem to work well with my olive toned skin. Looked rather orangey and not "shade matched" at all. Will not be buying this product again - sorry Almay!
Katie G.
Toronto, ON
I don't really wear makeup too often, so when I do, I want something that is quick and easy to apply, and looks good. This did all that for me. It blended nicely with my face, and it wasn't too thick. I applied it really lightly (since I don't regularly use a lot of makeup, I didn't want to make it obvious), just for a bit of extra coverage on my wedding day.
Michelle S.
I picked this up on sale for $4 and decided to give it a try. The formula isn't too bad, plus it has SPF! My lower grade, however, comes from the limited range of shades. I understand that the range is limited because the foundation is supposed to develop into whatever your skin colour is. I purchased 'light', and I found it far too orangey for my liking - and my skin is normally light-normal ivory.
Hailey J.
Belleville, ON
The colour match with this product is fantastic! It matched my skin perfectly, the only problem I had was that it didn't exactly cover up any blemishes I had and it made my skin a bit oily but the oilyness was nothing that couldn't be fixed with some powder. Over all, I give this product a B because it is a very good light coverage foundation and it's very good if you do not have blemished skin.
Jessica S.
Peterborough, Ontario
At first I was sceptical of how this foundation would work. but I have used this foundation and it was neat how it matched my skin tone. I usually have an oily t-zone complexion and this foundation didn't add to it which was nice. The only thing I didn't like was that it was kind of thick and almost a bit sticky. Which made it harder to smooth on my mineral foundation for a softer finish.
Cheryl M.
Creignish , NS
I bought this for my mom who has allergies to lots of products and she loves it. She is darker completion and easily found a shade for her. But I couldn't find a shade for my pale skin as the light was still too dark. Her skin is dry and lacks oil so this worked great for her but for me who is dry but not lacking in oil I found it too oily.
stacey F.
Rothesay, NB
I have bought this product a few times. I like foundations that do not feel like the are too thick and have a moisturizer in them. I found this product gave good light coverage. The downside was that it made my foundation brush very dirty and I had to clean it more often. I prefer a beauty balm now. The product does not actually match any skin tone, the pigments are inside beads that break open and release when rubbed in, but the foundation does work well on many skin tones because it gives semi sheer coverage not opaque.
Amanda M.
canada
This foundation is very light and can be built up easily. The problem I have and it might be just me but I find it doesn't last very long. I also think it's a little to sparkly making the fact I'm wearing foundation a little to obvious. I'm not trying to hide it but...
Ruz R.
Yauco, PR
The consistency of this is really smooth and feels really good on the skin. It comes in only four shades: Light, Light/Medium, Medium and Medium Dark. I had to blend it a bit with my foundation to get a match, so that was a bummer for me, But it did feel light and it also has antioxidant which is good for the skin. :)
Amber T.
St, ON
I really like this foundation. It matches to my skin tone perfectly and it moisturizes my face without being too oily. It doesn't cover red spots as well as I'd like but it still gives my skin an even tone everywhere else.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.