Product Details

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Nathalie B.
Oshawa, ON
The colour matching is not the best but is okay, the coverage is more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation and one day, you come to use it and it has oxidized to a chocolate brown colour when the initial colour was medium! It is not great for people who have oily skin, but for dry skin and a person with great skin who is looking for evening out their skin tone, this is okay.
Faith B.
This stuff sat SO weird on my skin. It didn't blend easily, it literally just sort of sat and my skin and didn't budge. It was hard to apply seeing as it doesn't blend well and I had to use a lot of product for one application. All in all, I wouldn't recommend this product.
Karla S.
Botwood, NL
I love the Almay Smart Shade makeup. I have an hard time finding a good foundation that suits my oily skin with enlarged pores,but I find this works very well for me. It covers quite well and suits my skin perfectly. It do not leave my face greasy at all. I am very impressed,.and have bought it a few times now,and expect to continue to use it in the future.
Brittany V.
burnaby, BC
I purchased this product to use as a light foundation for everyday use. I hoped for a bit more coverage than it initially offered, but otherwise was happy with the product UNTIL something happened to it and when I applied it to my skin it would turn very very dark, self tanning lotion dark. I had to throw it away because it no longer worked properly.
Michelle L.
Calgary, Alberta Canada, AL
Tried the Almay Smart Shade Foundation when it first came out. I was excited because I thought this might be the perfect product to use for occasional blotchiness as it seemed very light. Didn't seem to work well with my olive toned skin. Looked rather orangey and not "shade matched" at all. Will not be buying this product again - sorry Almay!
Katie G.
Toronto, ON
I don't really wear makeup too often, so when I do, I want something that is quick and easy to apply, and looks good. This did all that for me. It blended nicely with my face, and it wasn't too thick. I applied it really lightly (since I don't regularly use a lot of makeup, I didn't want to make it obvious), just for a bit of extra coverage on my wedding day.
Michelle S.
I picked this up on sale for $4 and decided to give it a try. The formula isn't too bad, plus it has SPF! My lower grade, however, comes from the limited range of shades. I understand that the range is limited because the foundation is supposed to develop into whatever your skin colour is. I purchased 'light', and I found it far too orangey for my liking - and my skin is normally light-normal ivory.
Hailey J.
Belleville, ON
The colour match with this product is fantastic! It matched my skin perfectly, the only problem I had was that it didn't exactly cover up any blemishes I had and it made my skin a bit oily but the oilyness was nothing that couldn't be fixed with some powder. Over all, I give this product a B because it is a very good light coverage foundation and it's very good if you do not have blemished skin.
Cheryl M.
Creignish, NS
I bought this for my mom who has allergies to lots of products and she loves it. She is darker completion and easily found a shade for her. But I couldn't find a shade for my pale skin as the light was still too dark. Her skin is dry and lacks oil so this worked great for her but for me who is dry but not lacking in oil I found it too oily.
Jessica S.
Peterborough, Ontario
At first I was sceptical of how this foundation would work. but I have used this foundation and it was neat how it matched my skin tone. I usually have an oily t-zone complexion and this foundation didn't add to it which was nice. The only thing I didn't like was that it was kind of thick and almost a bit sticky. Which made it harder to smooth on my mineral foundation for a softer finish.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.