BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Haley D.
Peterborough, ON
This definitely isn't my favorite product from Almay. While I actually really like their Smart Shade blush, which works perfectly for my skin tone, the foundation comes out WAYYYY too dark for my pale skin, with a really off-putting yellow base tone. I love Almay, but this was really a disappointing buy.
anna k.
Vaughan, ON
For the amount that one would pay to purchase this product, they could buy another one that has a better coverage. It comes in 3 shades that mostly only match the most generic skin tones. For me, it did blend, but it gave almost ZERO coverage. It felt kind of like a cream that wasn't too great for my skin. I would say that for a similar price, you can buy something like a bb cream or a lightweight foundation from cover girl or Maybelline. Most stores don't even have samples open.
Cynthia F.
Hanover, MD
I like how smooth it is and how light it feels but I don't like that it made me look super oily after a few hours. I don't need much coverage so the coverage was good enough for me. It didn't really match my skin tone that well it was a bit darker than my skin tone so I looked like my face had a tan. Won't be using this product anymore, will give it to my mom who is a bit darker than me so and see is she lies it.
Veronica R.
Edmonton, AB
I am very dissatisfied with this product. First of all, it was overly expensive for a foundation with about 3 shades. I was "matched" with the shade light/medium but when I first pumped out the product, it was a pool of orange! The makeup must have seperated or something because it sure didn't match my skin! It needed lots of blending and left orange streaks all over my skin. It hardly supplied any coverage for my skin. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this product.
Kelsey S.
I bought this for the summer to have a lighter coverage but I found that it made my skin oily and was way too transferable. I started mixing it with another foundation for better coverage to lighten the shade for a better complexion match but you might as well just spend your money on a better makeup to begin with. If you have dry skin and a minimal skin issues, it may be alright for you.
Nathalie B.
Oshawa, ON
The colour matching is not the best but is okay, the coverage is more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation and one day, you come to use it and it has oxidized to a chocolate brown colour when the initial colour was medium! It is not great for people who have oily skin, but for dry skin and a person with great skin who is looking for evening out their skin tone, this is okay.
Brittany V.
burnaby, BC
I purchased this product to use as a light foundation for everyday use. I hoped for a bit more coverage than it initially offered, but otherwise was happy with the product UNTIL something happened to it and when I applied it to my skin it would turn very very dark, self tanning lotion dark. I had to throw it away because it no longer worked properly.
Michelle L.
Calgary, AB
Tried the Almay Smart Shade Foundation when it first came out. I was excited because I thought this might be the perfect product to use for occasional blotchiness as it seemed very light. Didn't seem to work well with my olive toned skin. Looked rather orangey and not "shade matched" at all. Will not be buying this product again - sorry Almay!
Katie G.
Toronto, ON
I don't really wear makeup too often, so when I do, I want something that is quick and easy to apply, and looks good. This did all that for me. It blended nicely with my face, and it wasn't too thick. I applied it really lightly (since I don't regularly use a lot of makeup, I didn't want to make it obvious), just for a bit of extra coverage on my wedding day.
Michelle S.
I picked this up on sale for $4 and decided to give it a try. The formula isn't too bad, plus it has SPF! My lower grade, however, comes from the limited range of shades. I understand that the range is limited because the foundation is supposed to develop into whatever your skin colour is. I purchased 'light', and I found it far too orangey for my liking - and my skin is normally light-normal ivory.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.