BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Sara B.
This is my day to day moisturizer, I usually actually wear it as foundation because I don't like heavy coverage. It's light and evens out my skin tone without making me break out or feel like I'm caked in makeup. That being said, sometimes I wish it gave a bit more coverage, but on those days I generally wear an actual foundation over it. The price is okay, I can usually only find it at my local grocery store (odd!) and it's nearly $14. A little goes a long way though, so I really can't complain.
Meryem O.
I was not happy with this product at all! I was excited to try it and spent $15 on it. It is very lightweight on my skin but it goes on so streaky and hardly covers up even the smallest blemishes. It does not match skin tone. I am pretty pale in skin tone but this made me look ghost-like. I was so disappointed and I wouldn't buy it again.
Elizabeth R.
Peterborough , Ontario
This has been my best spring discovery. I find that we don't have much of a spring here- it goes from freezing cold winter to hot summer, it feels like. The worst thing for me was my oily skin in the summer, and whatever foundation I put on seemed to almost melt off. So far this product not only keeps my skin from looking oily, but it also stays on even when it is sizzling hot outside! So far my favorite foundation!
sophia m.
comox, BC, BC
If you are looking for a light coverage foundation, this is a great product. It goes on nice and sheer, just enough to even out a fairly even skin tone. I use a primer first, then this, and a concealer on my dark spots and it gives me a very natural, yet polished look. I have the second lightest shade and it works great with my skin. I am very fair and even though it is summer I have not had much time to tan. I give my skin a nice glow with some bronzer and a sweep of peachy blush to finish this off. This foundation gives me a great base for my natural look.
Chambray L.
Cameron, AZ
When I first started wearing makeup of any kind, I tried this out for a lightweight foundation. I had no clue about how to choose my color. This definitely helped me out. I like that the formula easily blends into your skin and complexion. The little white beads which turn to either red or blue break and automatically camouflage themselves to match your skin tone like magic!

It has been a while since I've tried this but it is worth giving it a try if you're looking for a lightweight foundation.
MARISSA L.
I don't like this foundation. The skin-tone matching thing is very gimmicky - they only offer three shades (if I am not mistaken), which isn't nearly enough range to cover most people.

I tried light and light/medium and neither were a good match for me - I fell somewhere in the middle range.

As another downside, it goes on too thick and doesn't set completely. I tend to set my foundation with lots of powder as I have very oily skin. Even so, I once came home from a 4-hour shift with foundation all over my shirt. I don't rub my face on my shirt or anything, so these marks came from very brief and light contact.

I will not be repurchasing this product.
Kirstyn A.
Oshawa
I bought this foundation after a friend recommended it to me. She said it worked really well and matched her skin perfectly. I have combination skin, and when I tried it I found it to be really cakey. I couldn't get it to match my skin tone for the life of me, it was way too orangey and dark even though i bought a lighter shade than i normally would have. By the end of the day, it got really muddy-looking. It was also pretty oily. For the price, you don't really get very much either.
Amy S.
Charlottetown , PE
I typically love ALMAY products as I have sensitive skin. This foundation however I had a lot of problems with. It certainly wasn't reliable. Almost every time I used it I found that it wasn't blending well. In some areas it was too dark, and others is would look splotchy. If I dotted it on my face and slowly blended it with a brush or my fingers it would go too dark(even when using the lightest shade..and I am not pale). On the occasion that it matched my skin I loved how it looked!
Emery S.
Beamsville, Ontario
This is a great foundation for those days you want something to even out the skin tones and cover any blemishes, but also feel lightweight and makes your makeup routine shorter! Isn't greasy or oily at all, matches to your skin tone very well! Good amount of product for the price as well, very easy to pick a shade in this range. Love it!
Lindsey L.
Winnipeg
I found that this works well if...
1- you apply with fingers (putting it on a sponge or brush causes it to turn orange)
2- you put it on a clean face (otherwise it will turn orange)
3- you put it directly from the tube on your face and don't wait (it will turn orange if wait too long)

I found it had good coverage if applied accurately
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.