BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Trina C.
Campbell River, BC
I've bought this product twice. The first time I bought it, it was for summer. I like to have a lighter foundation/tinted moisturizer for the hotter months. It doesn't cover much of anything. I still had uneven skin tone and if I had a blemish of any kind, this was NOT the answer. I also found that as I was getting to the end of the product the makeup had already 'changed colour' in the bottle. When I put it on my skin it appeared orange and if i tried to blend it out it would just rub right off my skin. Hence the second time I bought the product to see if this was something that happened to all of the bottles or if mine was just defective. It happened to the second bottle also. Not a product I would repurchase.
Tara D.
Unlike a lot of other complexion correctors I have tried, this one actually blends well and leaves a nice matte finish. It is not cakey or fake looking and it covers bags under my eyes very well. It's not greasy or prone to rubbing off either. I would definitely recommend this.
Meryem O.
I was not happy with this product at all! I was excited to try it and spent $15 on it. It is very lightweight on my skin but it goes on so streaky and hardly covers up even the smallest blemishes. It does not match skin tone. I am pretty pale in skin tone but this made me look ghost-like. I was so disappointed and I wouldn't buy it again.
sophia m.
comox, BC, BC
If you are looking for a light coverage foundation, this is a great product. It goes on nice and sheer, just enough to even out a fairly even skin tone. I use a primer first, then this, and a concealer on my dark spots and it gives me a very natural, yet polished look. I have the second lightest shade and it works great with my skin. I am very fair and even though it is summer I have not had much time to tan. I give my skin a nice glow with some bronzer and a sweep of peachy blush to finish this off. This foundation gives me a great base for my natural look.
Chambray L.
Cameron, AZ
When I first started wearing makeup of any kind, I tried this out for a lightweight foundation. I had no clue about how to choose my color. This definitely helped me out. I like that the formula easily blends into your skin and complexion. The little white beads which turn to either red or blue break and automatically camouflage themselves to match your skin tone like magic!

It has been a while since I've tried this but it is worth giving it a try if you're looking for a lightweight foundation.
Amy S.
Charlottetown , PE
I typically love ALMAY products as I have sensitive skin. This foundation however I had a lot of problems with. It certainly wasn't reliable. Almost every time I used it I found that it wasn't blending well. In some areas it was too dark, and others is would look splotchy. If I dotted it on my face and slowly blended it with a brush or my fingers it would go too dark(even when using the lightest shade..and I am not pale). On the occasion that it matched my skin I loved how it looked!
Kirstyn A.
Oshawa
I bought this foundation after a friend recommended it to me. She said it worked really well and matched her skin perfectly. I have combination skin, and when I tried it I found it to be really cakey. I couldn't get it to match my skin tone for the life of me, it was way too orangey and dark even though i bought a lighter shade than i normally would have. By the end of the day, it got really muddy-looking. It was also pretty oily. For the price, you don't really get very much either.
Lindsey L.
Winnipeg
I found that this works well if...
1- you apply with fingers (putting it on a sponge or brush causes it to turn orange)
2- you put it on a clean face (otherwise it will turn orange)
3- you put it directly from the tube on your face and don't wait (it will turn orange if wait too long)

I found it had good coverage if applied accurately
Haley D.
Peterborough, ON
This definitely isn't my favorite product from Almay. While I actually really like their Smart Shade blush, which works perfectly for my skin tone, the foundation comes out WAYYYY too dark for my pale skin, with a really off-putting yellow base tone. I love Almay, but this was really a disappointing buy.
anna k.
Vaughan, ON
For the amount that one would pay to purchase this product, they could buy another one that has a better coverage. It comes in 3 shades that mostly only match the most generic skin tones. For me, it did blend, but it gave almost ZERO coverage. It felt kind of like a cream that wasn't too great for my skin. I would say that for a similar price, you can buy something like a bb cream or a lightweight foundation from cover girl or Maybelline. Most stores don't even have samples open.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.