Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup uploaded by Mariana O.Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup uploaded by Mariana O.Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup uploaded by mayra a.See all 50 photos
7 colors available

BY ALMAY

• Does it really blend as nice and natu...Yes! its my go to foundation! 14 Answers
  • How well does this work? Does it actu...Yes and no. from how it looks... 2 Answers
  • Very good I loveLove this 1 Answers
Photos (50)
Kelly B.
Kelly B.
Los Angeles, CA
The smart shade makeup is impressive in its advertised ability to custom conform to your skin tone. However, even so, I found that the foundation was typically a shade or so darker than my actual skin color, so it did not blend seamlessly. Furthermore, this is more of a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. Don't expect a lot of coverage out of this one.
Katie D.
Katie D.
This foundation is very lightweight. It did not give full coverage which is what I need, so I barely use it. It is a little difficult for me to tell if it actually changes to match my skin tone. If I was blemish free I would really love it!
Sara B.
Sara B.
This is my day to day moisturizer, I usually actually wear it as foundation because I don't like heavy coverage. It's light and evens out my skin tone without making me break out or feel like I'm caked in makeup. That being said, sometimes I wish it gave a bit more coverage, but on those days I generally wear an actual foundation over it. The price is okay, I can usually only find it at my local grocery store (odd!) and it's nearly $14. A little goes a long way though, so I really can't complain.
Elizabeth R.
Elizabeth R.
Peterborough , Ontario
This has been my best spring discovery. I find that we don't have much of a spring here- it goes from freezing cold winter to hot summer, it feels like. The worst thing for me was my oily skin in the summer, and whatever foundation I put on seemed to almost melt off. So far this product not only keeps my skin from looking oily, but it also stays on even when it is sizzling hot outside! So far my favorite foundation!
Karla S.
Karla S.
Botwood, WA
I love the Almay Smart Shade makeup. I have an hard time finding a good foundation that suits my oily skin with enlarged pores,but I find this works very well for me. It covers quite well and suits my skin perfectly. It do not leave my face greasy at all. I am very impressed,.and have bought it a few times now,and expect to continue to use it in the future.
Meryem O.
Meryem O.
I was not happy with this product at all! I was excited to try it and spent $15 on it. It is very lightweight on my skin but it goes on so streaky and hardly covers up even the smallest blemishes. It does not match skin tone. I am pretty pale in skin tone but this made me look ghost-like. I was so disappointed and I wouldn't buy it again.
Emery S.
Emery S.
Beamsville, Ontario
This is a great foundation for those days you want something to even out the skin tones and cover any blemishes, but also feel lightweight and makes your makeup routine shorter! Isn't greasy or oily at all, matches to your skin tone very well! Good amount of product for the price as well, very easy to pick a shade in this range. Love it!
Sofia L.
Sofia L.
Edmonton
With only three shades in the range, this is far from universal. In fact the "medium" is only an NW30 at MAC. The whole "smart shade" technology is not as innovative as Almay wants you to believe. All that's happening is small beads of pigments in the white cream that burst when you rub it in, releasing the pigments
Brandi B.
Brandi B.
It's a good foundation if you have clear skin or not many blemishes to cover. I find it gets slick on my oily spot. It wears fine but it doesn't quite give me the coverage that I want and it's not build able. But it's an ok foundation overall...the colour matching part does as it says.
Faith B.
Faith B.
This stuff sat SO weird on my skin. It didn't blend easily, it literally just sort of sat and my skin and didn't budge. It was hard to apply seeing as it doesn't blend well and I had to use a lot of product for one application. All in all, I wouldn't recommend this product.
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.