BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Melissa S.
Weirton, WV
Smart shade... Its only smart until you get to the last 1/3 of the bottle. Then the beads seems to be very concentrated, so you get a very dark uneven color. Imagine my horror when I am applying it in my car before work in a hurry. If you have smooth unaffected skin, this will work great. If you have acne or oily skin, STAY AWAY. This will literally slide right off your face. I looked like I had no makeup on after only 5 or 6 hours.
Ashlee H.
Fort Wayne, IN
I had high hopes for this makeup. I have been looking for something to even out my skin tone without a heavy formula so I thought that this would be perfect. It comes out white and then is suppose to match your skin tone as you rub it in. I kept rubbing and rubbing, but it was the farthest thing from my skin tone. I am fair and this turned into a orange based brown color. So disappointed that I couldn't find my receipt to return it!
Brooke T.
Beaverton, OR
I am not a fan of this makeup in any sense. First off, the application itself lent to very poor, uneven coverage. Also, it did not match my skin tone at all. Usually foundations are a bit dark on me anyways, I have come to notice, as I am quite pale. However, even buying the lightest shade available for this makeup, as I blended it turned my skin an awful shade of almost orange. I was told by multiple people that I looked as if I had gotten a spray tan on my face. How embarrassing!
kenzi m.
Boulder Creek, CA
I am a make up critique when it comes to my skin, and I would rather wear none at all than have an oily base on my face. I tried this on a whim while lurking my sister's make up drawer and actually really liked it.

Drawback is I only use it for my cover up spots because it doesn't completely blend in, I even had a light shade with my tan face and it still came out somewhat orange.

I also recommend blending it with your fingers rather than a sponge, it looks ten times more natural that way.
shelby g.
I decided to try this product after hearing a couple good reviews about it, and also loving some Almay products myself. However I was EXTREMELY disappointed with this product. Not only did the shade not match up to my skin tone, like the product says it does, but the coverage was that of a tinted BB cream. NO COVERAGE. It looked like I had applied no foundation what so ever. All my dark spots, acne marks, and problem areas were still shown, and the product is not buildable. Not worth the money!
Kelly G.
Saint Joseph, MI
I was looking for a foundation that isn't too heavy and doesn't cake on my face. Since my skin is oily in places I was having a heard time of finding a foundation that lasted more than a few hours. Almay Smart Shade was perfect! It matches my skin (no weird line between neck and face), it's just enough coverage to even my skin out but still light enough that I don't feel like I'm wearing too much. Even though the container does appear small it does last me 60-90 days typically. Highly recommend!
Jaylen H.
This is a very light coverage it's a cc cream not a foundation so it isn't supposed to be high coverage. When I wear this I don't even have to blend it down my neck the color matches perfectly. This is great for new comers to makeup who just want there skin tone to look smooth.
Leslie D.
I have used this product on and off for a while now. It has excellent coverage and matches great with skin tone, but I have found it to be very cakey and unbearable by the end of the day. I use this as an emergency foundation if I have run out of my daily foundation or will usually use as a spot treatment. I naturally have combination skin, so that may be the problem. It is a great coverage foundation, and It may work great for others, just not a huge fan of the feeling of clogged pores.
Connell H.
Las Vegas, NV
This product claims to be something great, and with claims like that its hard not to want to try it out. First, the coverage of this product is very low, I have acne prone skin, and this did nothing in ways of coverage. Second the product itself is kind of greasy feeling, and streaky on the skin. Also, I'm very pale, and this product did not match my skin despite its claims, and left me orange. 3/10 would not purchase again.
Catherine P.
Hutto, TX
I have a very hard skin color to match, very light olive - not medium, and this foundation does an excellent job of matching it. However, I find I prefer the texture after mixing with a moisturizer, and at that point, it's easier for me to just buy a tinted moisturizer. I prefer a light coverage, and this one is more medium. It makes my face look too flat for my taste. Also, it dries relatively fast and is hard to move once dried. I would suggest this if you have normal skin (not too oily or dry).
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.