Add a Photo

Photos (50)
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.
El Centro, CA

I've been using the Almay Smart shade for about a year. I love that it blends to match my skin so good. It's quick and easy. My only issue is that it is very thick and I sometimes feel like its too much.
Alyssa B.
Alyssa B.
Portland, OR

This make up promises what it cannot do. It is cheap and shows it. There are simply small beads of colored foundation in a cream white formula. It does not actually adjust to YOUR skin tone. They lied. And by the time you get to the end of the foundation there is nothing left BUT the color beads of foundation and they are DARK and will NOT match your skin tone. Go with some BB cream or Bobbie Brown.
Roberta B.
Roberta B.
Alpine, CA

I have used all kinds of foundations on myself and clients and I loved the concept of a "smart shade" as it makes it more affordable for me to have a variety of colors, but this product leaves my face streaky and orange, almost like a bad self tanner. I have tried other smart shade BB creams and find that although they have a more sheer coverage, they are much better.
Kristian W.
Kristian W.
Inez, KY

Ashley O.
Ashley O.
WOOD RIDGE

I bought this product a few months ago and used it a few times. I was not impressed. The color was darker than it was supposed to be, even when I would use less product. Mind you, I had the lightest shade and my skin is not even that fair. Seriously disappointed
Cassi D.
Cassi D.
Custer, WA

Ugh. I tried this years ago when it first came out, and the lightest shade made my face look dirty. hasn't improved at all...
Sarah T.
Sarah T.

Alltogether almay is pretty good. I have tried the smartshade foundadtion and iactually really like it. Good covereage and it works if you get the color that matches your skin.
Michelle P.
Michelle P.
Derry, NH

I picked this up because I am on the constant hunt for the right liquid foundation from me. I am very fair skinned and have a lot of pink undertones. The result most liquid foundations turn out to be orange on me. Also I have my sensitive skin against me. So I decided to give Almay a shot since my half sister uses it and its one thing that works well with her sensitive skin. I was skeptical to try a brand I have never tried before but I did. While it came out of the bottle looking very light and giving me hope. I applied it and I saw immediately that it changed tone. It started to darken and it matches your skin tone to a certain point it doesn't match exactly. You need use very little and use very sparingly and attack each portion of your face since using too much causes it to go nuts and not blend well at all. You REALLY need to you either a foundation brush or make up sponges to make sure you blend very very very well or it will end up looking like a mask on your face. You can very vividly see the make up line. Even blending meticulously make up lines could still be seen.
Alexandra R.
Alexandra R.
Hollister , Ca

I bought this foundation looking for a cheaper alternative, thinking it blends to your color, IT DSNT!
To me it looked so watered down, the shades don't match what in the inside, it has no coverage, worst one have tried, the elf foundation works better. I just wasn't feeling this foundation at all.
Sharon L.
Sharon L.
Cleburne, TX

Color isn't true. Pore clogging. Gets thick and sticky.
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT

Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA

Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA

Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.

Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.