BY ALMAY

Available In 6 Skintone-adjusting Shades

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Alana C.
Review for: Light/Medium more...
I purchased this expecting this to be somewhat like a foundation and was very disappointed (lesson learned!). I have oily skin and it felt fine in that aspect but I would say this is more of a tinted face cream... If you have ANY flaws or imperfections you need blurred, then don't get this expecting it to cover anything. If you have perfect skin and need a cream (this may be okay for you.. The "skin matching" honestly is off too). Don't like Almay and don't like this product.
Mariana O.
Alpharetta, GA
It's very sheer and light coverage, but it evens everything out in a very natural look. I use it with another foundation with a little more coverage to make it a bit more long lasting and have more coverage.
In this case I used Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealerin color 06 Sand Baige and used 300 medium from Almay Smart Shade.
A little goes a long way!!!
Renee B.
Prineville, OR
If you want full coverage I don't recommend this. If your skin tends to be very shiny I don't recommend this product. I have very pale skin and for the longest time this was the only foundation I could find that sort of worked. It still had a yellow-ish tone to it. My skin is also very blotchy due to being a redhead. This foundation required layers in order to cover everything, and it rubs off very easily.
Tyler S.
Wilsonville, AL
Almay has never been a brand that I turn to, but I was super impressed with this foundation and have since tried more of their products, and loved them as well!
I have dry skin and this looks great! The coverage is medium on me, and that is without a primer. I have tried using a primer, but I notice that the primer seems to interfere with the color matching. Also, use your fingers to apply! Something about using a brush or sponge doesn't work well. It matches my fair skin perfectly and looks great all day! Very impressed!
Amanda S.
I am just starting to get into makeup and I have been using this one for a couple of weeks now and I absolutely love it. It is a medium coverage and I believe have a pink undertone.  I didn't know my color very well and this one ended up working out perfectly. I am still out to try new products but I know I will end up getting this one again.
Althea B.
Boise , ID
This is just fine. It comes out white and then turns very orange. It has light to medium coverage. It does not last all day on me, I'm pretty oily and this feels oily after about an hour even with a mattefying primer, setting with a mattefying powder, and using a good setting spray. I would not recommend this; there are bb creams and tinted moisturizers that do the same thing for less money. I am currently mixing this with very mattefying and pale foundations just to use it up.
Renee B.
Baltimore, MD
This is some kind of sorcery! How does it come out of the tube white but then morph into a shade of brown?? I'm amazed every time. I have pretty standard fair-medium skin, so it's not too hard to match, but I do have a lot of pink undertones and this matches pretty well.
Courtney H.
I absolutely love this foundation. I use this on days I'm feeling super lazy, or in the summer. I apply it just using my hands. It's not a ton of coverage at all. Very light. But it makes your skin look so healthy and glowy. It evens out your skin tone and it's so effortless.

Recommend ☺️💕💫
Diana M.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
This new foundation claims to match any skin shade magically. It starts out as a white cream and develops into what supposedly is your exact skin tone. This one ounce plastic bottle of foundation comes in Light, Light/Medium, or Medium. I chose Light/Medium. I wish I had chosen Medium. This looks like a cream and then, on the face, does darken and come up to a skin tone shade. But it is much more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. It doesn't cover freckles blemishes, flaws, or redness. It evens out skin tone some and dries to a somewhat powdery finish. On me, it developed to about a shade too light. I am light/medium as far as skin tone but if I ever bought this again, I would try the Medium and hope it matched my skin exactly.

I don't know how this works but it's fun to watch it develop. However, it simply doesn't have the coverage a foundation has. It is much more like moisturizer with a tint. That would be great for flawless skin or those who don't like or need heavier coverage. I prefer a light to medium coverage foundation. I would classify this as sheer. It feels good on the skin and I had no issues with breakouts but I felt I needed more color.

This foundation may be for you if you like sheer coverage or tinted moisturizers. Be sure to choose the right shade because it can look too light or even orangey from what I have heard although I saw no orange. It is so lightweight that I didn't know if it faded or not after a few hours. I could barely see it to begin with.

My Viewpoint

This new skin matching foundation is unique and sheer. It goes on white and matches your skin tone if you have light to medium skin. If you like sheer, tinted moisturizer, you may like this foundation. If you need heavier coverage, I'm afraid this one will disappoint. 3 stars.

Heather L.
Review for: Light more...
This product was kind of frustrating for me because some days it would find my skin tone and other days it just wouldn't and would turn some random light color that wasn't full coverage technically. It wasn't really worth the money seeing how I ended up buying another foundation to cover up the areas that this one decided not to match to.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.