Add a Photo

Photos (50)
Janna H.
Janna H.
Elizabeth, WV

I love the matte finish I get with this. I can only use this during the summer, though, because it dries my skin out during the winter. It blends pretty good, but only has sheer/light coverage. I don't reach for this when I have breakouts, because it doesn't provide enough coverage. The biggest problem with it I would say is it doesn't have enough shades. For darker skinned people, they wouldn't be able to find one to match them due to all their shades being light. I don't have that problem because my skin is so fair. Bottom line, good foundation, bad selection of colors.
Isra M.
Isra M.
Irving , Tx

I love the fact that this product is hypoallergenic because my skin is sensitive. The smart shade is not worth it. It does not match my shade and i have to wait 5 min to let it settle in
Rebekah K.
Rebekah K.
Virginia Beach, VA

I honestly thought this was going to be a great product but it turned out to not even work with my skin tone and made my face itch.
Jackie S.
Jackie S.

Love this makeup. I have fair, sensitive skin and it doesn't cause me to break out. It is a light coverage but matches skin tone very well. Usually other makeups are too dark for me even the lightest one but this one is great.
Anna t.
Anna t.

Makes your skin feel so soft. I love the fake that it makes pretty close to your certain Skin color...no more buying more makeup if you tan a little
Charlene L.
Charlene L.
Bronx, NY

I have tried this about a year ago. I was excited about it being able to "perfectly" match my skin tone.BUT that wasn't the case. After blending it on my skin It started to look whiteish (if that is a word,lol). It made me look like i had the wrong color fondation on. I ultimately gave the two tubes that I had to friend. The only positive that I did notice was that It was really lite weight and didn't clump or anything like that.
Erica V.
Erica V.

To be clear, the free sample was a full size bottle of the foundation. I find that if I don't put it on carefully the color starts to get too intense and it looks too caked. Then I'm forced to wash my skin and start over again. It doesn't blend well over the surface of my skin.
Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.
blakely, pa

I tried Almay Smart Shade Foundation a few months back thinking that the idea of being able to adjust to one's own skin tone more specifically sounded great, however, I found this claim to be far from the truth. I didn't find the shade to match my own skin tone even though the bottle was right in my shade range. I also found the foundation hard to blend completely and had to work very hard to keep it from leaving visible streaking. Lastly, after a few days of use I found myself breaking out from wearing this foundation. Overall, I would never try this nor recommend this product to anyone.
Denise B.
Denise B.
Lynnwood, WA

Its was good at staying light to match my fair skin but I wasn't impressed with coverage or the matching to my skin. If I spent the time trying to find a goo match at the store I could have done just as good a job. That being said it is a pretty good foundation. Almay makes pretty good makeup.
Sarah G.
Sarah G.
Simpsonville, SC

I've tried to love this, but unfortunately there is just no hope. it comes out of the tube as a grayish liquid, and when applied it turns into a "skin" color. however, if you are not very orange- like Snooki orange- this will not match your skin. this is not at all natural looking on me!
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT

Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA

Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA

Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.

Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.