BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Ruth H.
Cheyenne, WY
I was very excited to try this product as it's Almay and I've usually liked maky of their products. The first day I was pleasantly surprised that the shade did in fact seem to match. The foundation was very lightweight though and I had to use an additional heavier foundation under my eyes and on a few blemishes. The next day I had the same pretty decent results. By the end of the week however, my "smart shade" had taken on more of an oompa loompa orange on my face. I'm not sure if this is due to the make up sponge, or what. I'm not going to use a new sponge each day to apply foundation. Considering I had to use a second foundation in addition to this one, I wouldn't recommend it.
Danielle A.
Kirkwood, MO
I am excited about all these new skin tone matching foundations and this is the first that I have tried. I agree with most people that it does blend in, but does not cover anything like foundation should.
Stephanie E.
Pittsburgh, PA
This is one of my favorite foundations. If you only need light coverage to blend and correct slight skin tone differences this is the product you need. I can only tell you that as a fair skinned person I was able to use the same shade from winter through late summer so it does match most tones for the shade.
Pamela H.
North Prairie, WI
I have used Almay for years, so I was excited to try this product. It did not provide any coverage and did nit match my skin tone at all. I would not recommend this to anyone!
Aush M.
Pittsburgh, PA
It doesn't match up with darker skin tones.
Meghedy A.
Granada Hills, CA
This product is pretty good for the most part. it lasts a good amount of time and gives light to medium coverage. just be careful what shade you purchase because too dark could make you look a little orange
Valerie F.
Knoxville, TN
I just finished a bottle/tube of Smart Shade and while I like the lightness of it, I would like a little more coverage (that's the point of a foundation, correct?). My skin tone changes quite often and I thought this "shade-sensing" technology would keep up. Unfortunately, not as well as I would like. I'd still give it an A-
Lesly P.
Palmdale, CA
This foundation works really good it covers everything you need covered I love it and definitely gona buy again
Brandi
Clinton, TN
I love this stuff. The way it blends with your skin tone, a bit of coverage, good ingredients = ahhmazing
Alicia N.
Eden Prairie, MN
I was so excited to try this product when I saw that it was supposed to have color changing properties. I was hoping that it would take the guess work out of finding your perfect color. And I didn't have good luck at all. The first was too dark so that was $10 Down the drain. And the one that matched me better I just felt like it didn't cover my blemishes, and that's kind of the point of foundation... I feel like I didn't really like the formula either. All in all, I just wasn't too crazy about this product.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.