BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
ximena o.
Kissimmee, FL
I love this foundation soooo much!!! I have such a hard time finding a foundation that matches me, since I have a yellow undertone. This matches perfectly like it claims! But I also love this because I battle acne, it covers great. But with all of my acne products drying up my skin, I have very dry skin. This foundation is dewy so it doesn't show my dry patches!!! I feel like this foundation was made for my skin
Kasey K.
I tried this when I was younger and just getting into makeup. I selected it mainly because I was just starting out and had no idea how to match my skin tone properly. It is a difficult thing for a fifteen year old, so why not get one that changes colors?! It worked alright, the coverage is definitely light to medium, and it really does change shades. But I couldn't get over how it settled into my dry patches.
Ana P.
I purchased Almay Smart Shade foundation during the summer. I had just moved and unfortunately I had just used the last of my make-up. Since my new home is nowhere near any of the stores that carry the brand of make-up that I use I decided to use a drugstore brand and I hear good things about Almay so I decided to use it. It didn't work out for me and I was very upset that I spent all that money because I bought the entire line of products. My face looked oily and dirty. The coverage was minimal and didn't last very long at all, not even half-a-day.
Jenna K.
Sioux Falls, SD
I saw the commercial when this foundation came out about 8 years ago. A foundation that matches your skin tone by some cosmetic magic? I'm in. However, unfortunately, magic is for Harry Potter. The foundation is one set color, of course, and therefore looks very orange unless it is already your perfect shade. Spend a couple more minutes shade matching your foundation and avoid oompa-loompa status, ladies!
Tess G.
Philadelphia, PA
I picked up this product after seeing commercial after commercial, and decided I needed to test it out. The product is white, with little specks in it. When you work it into your skin, the specks "color match." The product became the color of my skin, but did little to cover any pigmentation or acne. If you have perfect skin, this could be a nice product, but if you need coverage, try something else.
Jessica B.
Leitchfield, KY
Absolutely do not like this product. It does not match my skin tone, at all. I am a "classic tan" kinda gal. And the makeup always looked too light on me. The other cheaper brands of makeup that are "smart shades" work much better. I would advise anyone against spending the money for this product, unless they are of lighter skin tones.
Tamera R.
Madera, CA
As a woman who spent most of her life performing, from dance competitions to theatre, I've dealt with a lot of foundations from light to heavy. This foundation is definitely on the light side, as it provides very little coverage. If you have acne or dsrk spots, this is not the foundation for you. On days when my skin is more clear, this foundation is great for a quick and easy sheer look. I think the color matching is fairly accurate, if not the slightest bit orange.
Jessica R.
Commerce City, CO
I was so disappointed with the promises of flawless, evenly covered, true shade skin. The foundation did not cover evenly at all, no matter how I tried to apply it I was left with streaks and uneven coverage. I also used two different shades because the first one made me look like a ghost and the other one made me look orange. As far as flawless..... I broke out in really bad hives from this product.
chelsea p.
Macomb, IL
This is a good product, not my favorite but it did exactly what i wanted it to do. which is even my skin tone and provide very light coverage. it gets very hot in Miami so during the summer time i really enjoy using light products like this as i tend to gravitate more toward natural makeup looks during the day and it works nice for that. again not the best product or my favorite but it does the job
Leah A.
Versailles, KY
I picked up this product because I was in an amateur theatre group and men are apparently incapable of finding their own shade of makeup (shocking i know)! I thought this would be the perfect solution and one that the girls could use too. Basically, something handy that a wide variety of people could use. I was wrong. To say the shades didn't match would probably be an understatement. However, it typical came out a shade or more darker which was actually beneficial to our "stage" needs. We ended up using it but only as stage or costume make up.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.