BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your s...2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Danielle P.
Mount Clemens, MI
I bought this because my skin tone is less than average. I was hoping that it would match my color so I wouldn't have to mix colors. It worked, but not as well as Id of liked it to. It was closer than most, but for the price, I wish it would have matched a little better. Still a good purchase though.
Amanda W.
Canton, IL
I tried this product b/c I didn't have extra money with the holidays coming and was trying to avoid having to spend almost four times as much on my usual Stila foundation. The product is okay in my opinion. I have used worse, even spending more money on others that I did not like as well. It does not provide a heavy coverage but the light coverage is all that I was looking for. It does seem to layer well and look natural layered if you have a skin problem that you are trying to cover up.
Erica C.
Springfield, VA
I have fairly sensitive skin, so I have used Almay prodcuts for awhile. I was excited about a skin-matching foundation, but this was not for me. When I squeezed the foundation onto my fingers, a brown oily liquid dripped out, even when I would shake the tube first. It took quite a bit of mixing and did not offer very good coverage. In addition, my hands would be left brown and gross, like I had applied self-tanner.
Shianne A.
Oceanside, CA
I tried this stuff thinking that it would be great, never having had a problem with Almay before. WRONG. This is one of the worst blending foundations I've ever used. It was streaky, uneven, and very unflattering. The problem is that the more you blend it in with your skin, the darker it seems to get, which leaves you with weird uneven color and coverage. I definitely would not recommend this product, at all, ever.
Kathy R.
Marysville, OH
I never wear foundation, and have very sensitive skin. Based on a recommendation to try Almay, I saw this and thought it looked safe. I am loving it because it is very fool proof and works as a great foundation without being too noticeable. When it is gone, I am very anxious to try a BB or CC cream, which is why I only gave it a "B" grade. It doesn't cover up dark circles or bright blemishes, but it is great for balancing skin tone and color matching while being incredibly lightweight
Nicole V.
I always keep a tube of this as my "backup" foundation. While it's not something I would use for everyday or going out at night, it's great to have for days when I'm running errands or want a little less coverage. I also had no problem with it matching my skin. One strange thing I did notice, though, is that as I got closer to the end of the bottle the pigments came out darker and sometimes would be too dark for my skin. Still would recommend as it's great for a quick drug store fix.
Kellie B.
Virginia Bch, VA
I used to use this product when I first started using foundations. I was naive and didn't want to go through the trouble of finding a matching shade. After about 6 months, I started paying more attention and noticed how orange it left my face. If you don't blend it totally perfectly and your skin is oily or dry in areas, it will leave those areas very orange and streaky. I don't use this anymore and never plan to again.
Zoe S.
Charleston, SC
I got this a while back to try because it sounded fabulous. When I got home I excitedly opened it and tried it on my hand. It was perfectly fine there, though I did notice it was a bit thin. The next day I went to put it on my face (which has some olive tones) and it made my face completely yellow. It was nowhere near the right shade, and it looked like I had just put a sheer yellowy orange face paint on. It was so terrible I immediately wiped it all off and no matter how many times I've tried to make it work, it just doesn't. Not worth spending a single cent on.
Stella A.
Almay smart shade foundation is an excellent product if you have sensitive skin. It is very easy to apply. The pros is it covers very evenly and adjusts to your own personal skin tone. It is very light weight and feels like I'm not wearing makeup but gives me full coverage.
Danika D.
Charleston, IL
I have combination skin and have very fair skin. This product was not good for me. At all. It did not match my skin tone at all when applying and made me look orange as if I had put on a bad self-tanner. It was completely the wrong color. It also made parts of my face extremely oily throughout the day, while not doing much to cover any blemishes or red pigmentation in my face. I was really disappointed in the product, mostly because there are some really great Almay products I use daily.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.