BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Caitlyn R.
Pittsburgh, PA
This product was very sheer and gave my face a pinkish cast. I tried 2 different shades to be sure I had the right one. I've had better results from a BB cream. Smartshade never really seemed to be my shade, felt heavy, and made my skin feel more oily. I very rarely give things a poor review, but I really disliked this product.
Carolina T.
So I feel like a lot of foundations and particularly these types in this tube all vary depending on brand. Almay seems to be the only brand of this type of foundation that doesn't make my skin break-out more then usual. With that being said I do feel like this product is very heavy and somewhat greasy. I try to concentrate it in drier spots of my face. I really like the color it matches well with my complexion and that's hard for me because I have darker skin. Overall this product works for me with my skin type and I like the color.
Melissa W.
Just like any other cosmetic brand trying to sell a smart shading product, there are things to like AND not to like. It worked out for me for a day or two and as I continued to wear it more often, it broke me out!! No, not into zits and all the bumpiness.. But into a rash. All over my face. But maybe it's because of my sensitive skin or the lack of me reading the ingredients found in the product. As for now, I'm still against a product that says it's a smart shader but still comes in two degrees of skin color. Oh the contradiction.
Sarah M.
El Paso, TX
I tried this thinking it was really color matching after reading reviews on other sites, and I was so dissappointed. It has almost no color stay, tried a few different shades and they look the same on a white piece of paper as they do on my skin, so it's not color matching. Some colors made me look orange and others I couldn't even tell anything was on my face. All in all I think I'm over Almay products and stick to Dermablend which is more expensive, but works.
Stephanie T.
Fall River, MA
I bought this when it first came out since I have a hard time finding a good shade match for my skin. I'm absolutely porcelain, no real yellow, beige, or red undertones. I thought this would be a good fit since it would match my shade. Not so much. It went from a whitish-off white shade to a too dark beige that looked like I had tried to wear foundation 3 shades too dark for me and it looked really odd. Maybe this works for some people, but I had no such luck.
Krystle F.
Ansonia, CT
Okay if I told you that all natural, organic and vegan is chemical free that would be a lie...it is predominantly chemical free considering we've already contaminated the soil and our rain water. So, with that said, is it a better choice yes, can we all afford it or find it as readily available and easily accessible as these commercial cosmetics... Ehhh. But, most of us either don't know, don't care, care but can't afford it or don't use it so, it is what it is but this stuff feels heavy on my skin, clogs my pores, turns my face white or orange and is a great idea but poorly executed... A for effort but F for fail
Brandi A.
Farmington, MO
I actually don't know if I like this or not. When I put it on, I couldn't tell if I had covered my whole face or if I missed any spots. Which I guess could be a good thing? I have no idea. I still have it sitting in my makeup box, I might dig it out and play with it more. But I've used it quite a few times and I'm really undecided on it. I didn't feel it on my skin, so that was a plus, and it didn't cling to any dry spots or make me feel like an oil slick.
Janet M.
I really didn't like this foundation just because even at the lightest tone they had, it was 3 or 4 shades too dark for my skin, the ivory isn't ivory at all. Not only that but its really easy to use too much because of how the foundation is, and it doesn't last very long and you have to buy more by the end of around 2 or 3 weeks if you use it everyday. It also gives your face this greasy, gross feeling when I put it on that just makes me feel dirty almost.
Shelby R.
Locust, NC
As a creature of habit I wouldn't usually stray away from my usual Revlon Foundation. However, I received a coupon to try Almay Smart Shade Foundation. After finding a shade that closely resembled my skin tone I purchased it and anxiously went home to try it. However, I was quite disappointed. I found the coverage to be non existent and the makeup to be very "cakey". I would personally not recommend this makeup to any of my friends. It currently chills in the bottom of my makeup bag waiting to see the light of day.
Ashley B.
I love almay, but I am not in love with this product. While it covered my face well, as soon as i got a pimple it was a totally different shade. It made the area look cakey and definitely did not hide the blemish. If you have clear skin the product is great, but if you have acne prone skin (like me) I would try something else.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.