BY ALMAY

Available In 6 Skintone-adjusting Shades

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Renae V.
Very good product for light to medium coverage. Does a good job of matching your skin tone and covers normal skin pretty well. You can defiantly build the coverage up and it doesn't look cakey. One of my favorite "foundations" to wear because you don't feel like you are wearing anything. Would defiantly purchase again.
shelby g.
I decided to try this product after hearing a couple good reviews about it, and also loving some Almay products myself. However I was EXTREMELY disappointed with this product. Not only did the shade not match up to my skin tone, like the product says it does, but the coverage was that of a tinted BB cream. NO COVERAGE. It looked like I had applied no foundation what so ever. All my dark spots, acne marks, and problem areas were still shown, and the product is not buildable. Not worth the money!
Connell H.
Las Vegas, NV
This product claims to be something great, and with claims like that its hard not to want to try it out. First, the coverage of this product is very low, I have acne prone skin, and this did nothing in ways of coverage. Second the product itself is kind of greasy feeling, and streaky on the skin. Also, I'm very pale, and this product did not match my skin despite its claims, and left me orange. 3/10 would not purchase again.
Kelly G.
Saint Joseph, MI
I was looking for a foundation that isn't too heavy and doesn't cake on my face. Since my skin is oily in places I was having a heard time of finding a foundation that lasted more than a few hours. Almay Smart Shade was perfect! It matches my skin (no weird line between neck and face), it's just enough coverage to even my skin out but still light enough that I don't feel like I'm wearing too much. Even though the container does appear small it does last me 60-90 days typically. Highly recommend!
kenzi m.
Boulder Creek, CA
I am a make up critique when it comes to my skin, and I would rather wear none at all than have an oily base on my face. I tried this on a whim while lurking my sister's make up drawer and actually really liked it.

Drawback is I only use it for my cover up spots because it doesn't completely blend in, I even had a light shade with my tan face and it still came out somewhat orange.

I also recommend blending it with your fingers rather than a sponge, it looks ten times more natural that way.
Brooke T.
Beaverton, OR
I am not a fan of this makeup in any sense. First off, the application itself lent to very poor, uneven coverage. Also, it did not match my skin tone at all. Usually foundations are a bit dark on me anyways, I have come to notice, as I am quite pale. However, even buying the lightest shade available for this makeup, as I blended it turned my skin an awful shade of almost orange. I was told by multiple people that I looked as if I had gotten a spray tan on my face. How embarrassing!
Erica C.
Springfield, VA
I have fairly sensitive skin, so I have used Almay prodcuts for awhile. I was excited about a skin-matching foundation, but this was not for me. When I squeezed the foundation onto my fingers, a brown oily liquid dripped out, even when I would shake the tube first. It took quite a bit of mixing and did not offer very good coverage. In addition, my hands would be left brown and gross, like I had applied self-tanner.
katherine t.
Bronx, NY
I found that this foundation does blend to match my ideal color. I did samples on my face, stomach, and legs (all are slightly different in shade) and it blended perfectly and matched all of these areas. It covers redness and uneven skin color and eliminates my pores. I have only bought one jar and it has lasted me a year before I needed to buy a new one, so I think that is a pretty good value. A little goes a long way!
Danika D.
Charleston, IL
I have combination skin and have very fair skin. This product was not good for me. At all. It did not match my skin tone at all when applying and made me look orange as if I had put on a bad self-tanner. It was completely the wrong color. It also made parts of my face extremely oily throughout the day, while not doing much to cover any blemishes or red pigmentation in my face. I was really disappointed in the product, mostly because there are some really great Almay products I use daily.
Kathy R.
Marysville, OH
I never wear foundation, and have very sensitive skin. Based on a recommendation to try Almay, I saw this and thought it looked safe. I am loving it because it is very fool proof and works as a great foundation without being too noticeable. When it is gone, I am very anxious to try a BB or CC cream, which is why I only gave it a "B" grade. It doesn't cover up dark circles or bright blemishes, but it is great for balancing skin tone and color matching while being incredibly lightweight
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.