BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Deciymber G.
Cape Coral, FL
I tried out the light/medium shade hoping to find a light foundation to use during the summer time but I was disappointed to discover how orange-y this foundation is. It's said your foundation goes orange-y from oxidation through the day. If that's so, well this foundation oxidizes way too quickly for practically use and not worth the buy.
Tiffany S.
Gadsden, AL
I thought it was neat that it changed from white to tan, but it doesn't really change to match your skin. The color didn't look good on me and it was more of an orange toned foundation than it should have been. It was also a lot thicker than I usually like. That is just my preference, but I like my foundation to go on smoothly and blend well, and this one had a consistency more like sunscreen.
Jennifer Y.
Peabody, MA
Although the price point is appealing, you seem to get get what you pay for with this foundation. What Almay claims to be a "smart shade" is not so smart. I tried the light/medium shade because I have relatively light colored skin with a hint of a tan and expected this foundation to blend right into my skin tone; but instead turned an interesting shade of orange. Not only is the color off, this makeup completely dried my skin out to the point where my face was slightly flaking off on my cheeks, upper lip, and chin after only a few uses. It may have been my mix of dry/oily skin type in particular that did not agree with this foundation because a friend of mine loves it, but I would not recommend taking the chance.
Ashley W.
Midland, PA
This product did not cause any break outs on my skin!!! This is great( this usually is not the case for most foundations). However, it did not match my skin, which is kind of the whole point of the product. I'm incredibly pale, and the lightest shade was not light enough for me. Not to mention the product did not have great coverage on skin imperfections. I have had great success with other foundations from the Almay line, however, this product does not measure up.
Ashley C.
Wyoming, MI
I will start off by saying that this foundation does a lot more for my skin/face than any other foundation i have used thus far. as far as the smart shade part, i don't know if i agree with that, it didn't match well to my skin tone whatsoever even though i tried a few different tones just in case. other than it saying it can match to any skin tone and not really living up to it i loved how healthy it made my face feel after only a few uses, i also love that theres in SPF in it. one more step i didn't need to apply before the foundation process!
Chelsea E.
I decided to give this a shot because the normal foundation I use I have to buy two different shades and mix them. It looked one shade too dark in the mirror, but I was in a hurry to get to class so I just left it. I glanced in the mirror in my car (in the sunlight) and was horrified at how different the shade was from the rest of me! It was bad enough I went to the store to buy a different kind before class. I was not happy about the product or about being late!
Jacklynn C.
West Columbia, SC
I first saw this product as i was walking through Big Lots. They had it where you were either a light,light/medium,medium,dark. Not much to pick from, i thought i would be a light so i decided to give the product a try. IT WAS HORRIBLE. Did not match the color of my face what so ever it made me look like i just laid in a tanning bed for hours. I am pale, this product is not for pale people. I thought it would be fine because it is suppose to match your skin tone. Another thing is i have oily skin. Not all over but just my T-zone. Again not a product for oily skin! I washed my face added my lotion and put this product on for my normal day. I looked like a grease monkey! The bottom line is don't buy this product.
Kristi R.
Jacksonville, FL
I'm not sure about this one actually. I don't know if I can give a proper review on this only because you see, I'm pretty pale.. and I have a hard time finding foundations and concealers for my skin tone.. cause lets face it they don't make a Casper color. I tried to use this in the lightest color thinking maybe the "Smart" shade would adjust to my skin tone like it says it does.... NOPE. After rubbing it all in... I looks like Snooki straight out of her GTL runs...
Brandi A.
Farmington, MO
I actually don't know if I like this or not. When I put it on, I couldn't tell if I had covered my whole face or if I missed any spots. Which I guess could be a good thing? I have no idea. I still have it sitting in my makeup box, I might dig it out and play with it more. But I've used it quite a few times and I'm really undecided on it. I didn't feel it on my skin, so that was a plus, and it didn't cling to any dry spots or make me feel like an oil slick.
Sarah M.
El Paso, TX
I tried this thinking it was really color matching after reading reviews on other sites, and I was so dissappointed. It has almost no color stay, tried a few different shades and they look the same on a white piece of paper as they do on my skin, so it's not color matching. Some colors made me look orange and others I couldn't even tell anything was on my face. All in all I think I'm over Almay products and stick to Dermablend which is more expensive, but works.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.