Add a Photo

Photos (50)
Kelly O.
Kelly O.
Holloman Afb, NM

The Almay Smart Shade Foundation is okay, if you have normal skin - not dry, not oily - and if you need a medium, sheer kind of coverage. It's not really too buildable without looking fake and cakey, so if you need a full coverage foundation, this isn't it. And obviously, the "smart shade" thing is just a gimmick. It's not "smart" it any way. Each bottle matches a given range of shades, just like any other kind of foundation. Going from white to colored is just a gimmick to try to hook the customer. I've had my bottle for a while and it's not even coming out white anymore, it's all one color. Luckily for me, that color matches my skin tone pretty well, but anyone thinking that they'll get a magic match is out of luck.

It's an okay light to medium coverage foundation if you've already got decent skin and you don't need much from a foundation. Add in the cheesey gimmick promising a miracle to women who probably have a tough time finding a color match and are hoping for a lot from this product, and I'm not super impressed.
maribel s.
maribel s.
Anthony, TX

Me gusta mucho es buenisimo lo recomiendo al 100
Anna C.
Anna C.
San Diego, CA

THIS IS GREAT FOR THOSE WITH SENSITIVE SKIN OR THOSE PRONE TO BREAKING OUT.
Danielle A.
Danielle A.
Kirkwood, MO

I am excited about all these new skin tone matching foundations and this is the first that I have tried. I agree with most people that it does blend in, but does not cover anything like foundation should.
Penny A.
Penny A.
Longmont, CO

This foundation did nothing for me. Yes, it basically matched my skin in that I could not see it sitting on my skin. It did not however do what I want a foundation to do, which is provide coverage. I have slight redness in the nose area, dark circles under my eyes and freckles, all of which I could see after applying this product.
Katie C.
Katie C.
Greensboro, NC

I've used the oil-free version of this product and have really liked it. I tend to have a few blemishes most of the times, so I use this more of a tinted moisturizer, and then allow it to dry and set for about 5 minutes, then apply a little concealer to those blemishes. It's very nice and light, especially on hot days!
Jhoseline P.
Jhoseline P.

I tried this in the lightest shade and it went on my skin super dark. Poor coverage.
Maggie B.
Maggie B.

Valenchia H.
Valenchia H.
Owatonna, MN

I love this foundation because it doesn't look like I'm wearing anything. My skin looks like me, only better!
Kameron H.
Kameron H.

I could never find the right foundation till I tried this one. It seemed like it covered up unwanted marks better.
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT

Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA

Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA

Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.

Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.