BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Rachel K.
Wolcottville, IN
I used the Light/Medium as I have a medium to dark skin tone. The products goes on really well. It's light weight. It goes on white and blends in to match your skin. When I used this product, I never had horrible make-up lines. My face and neck were actually the same color. I only buy it when I have coupons because it's pricier than most brands at Walmart.The only reason that I didn't give it an "A' is because it doesn't last very long. It usually only last 5-6 hours in regular weather. When it's hot and humid, it lasts about 2 hours. I recommend it to anyone.
Jessica S.
Galax, VA
I must like this stuff because it's been my go-to for about 5 years now. I think it blends well when applied with a large foundation brush, but the coverage is very light. It's good for a daytime look or when you're going for something more natural. For other occasions I would choose something with a little more coverage. You don't have to worry about not getting a color that matches your completion because this is very versatile and each shade does match a range of skin colors.
Kaylie S.
Sanford, FL
I Love this Foundation; It is hydrating on my face so I can only use it during the summer which makes it perfect since it has SPF 15. I noticed that if you use this product you cannot mix it in your hand before applying it to your face or it will not match the skin tone on your face (the skin on your face does not match the skin tone anywhere else on your body, they all get different amounts of sun). You must mix the foundation onto your face as you apply it. [& Always use a make up brush so you do not spread dirt & oil around on your skin; like using your fingers will do]
Erika P.
Dallas, TX
I discovered Ella Mae the brand through this product because I was so excited to see if it actually works which is pretty much dead but it is very light coverage so you looking for something medium 2 all coverage than I've ever loved anyone this but if you're looking something like that every day where I have made it good for your skin I swear it is
Tracey H.
College Station, TX
I was very eager to try this new because my skin changes tone at different times of the year. I tan really easily and fade easily. I have a nice olive-glow to my skin during the winter months and a dark tan in summer. I thought this would be a great all-year-round makeup - how wrong I was.

The two biggest disadvantages to this makeup are that it doesn't color match well and it's very oily. This foundation made me look orange-ish as if I had a really bad spray on tan. Moreover, it made my face so oily, the makeup wouldn't stay in place. Very poor.
Savannah S.
Huntley, IL
Definitely not my favorite... You won't find a real "skin tone matching makeup" it's just not a real thing to say the least. You can get close to your skin tone but, all in all each skin tone is so different. The coverage isn't great on this either, as another poster said, you'd think for the price and name brand they'd do a little better.
Tabitha M.
If you are looking for medium/full coverage, this isn't the product for you. While it does match my skin tone very well, I might a well have just put lotion on my face because this doesn't cover anything for me. I don't have much for acne scarring or anything like that and it still leaves a lot to be desired. I'd say it's more along the lines of a tinted moisturizer, which it works well as. I'm giving it a C because to me it was marketed as a foundation and it really isn't.
Deciymber G.
Cape Coral, FL
I tried out the light/medium shade hoping to find a light foundation to use during the summer time but I was disappointed to discover how orange-y this foundation is. It's said your foundation goes orange-y from oxidation through the day. If that's so, well this foundation oxidizes way too quickly for practically use and not worth the buy.
Brittany G.
Celebration , FL
This product made my face look filthy. Like I was better off exposing my PMS pimples to the world than wearing this out in public. Not only did it not match my skin tone, the green beads that are supposed to do that matching actually stayed green and mixed with oils in my pores making my face actually look like it had dirt on it. TERRIBLE
Victoria H.
Greendale, IN
I went out and bought this product because of its average review and wanted to give it a test for myself and I was highly disappointed. I used a little, because I am pale, and I turned a tinted orange that nobody wants their makeup to look like. Well I did. I bought the palest one which was the light. I thought it was going to look good on me and I really thought it was going to match me perfectly. (Buzzer noise) NOPE! Sorry ladies and gents, but this for me was a bummer.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.