BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Danika D.
Charleston, IL
I have combination skin and have very fair skin. This product was not good for me. At all. It did not match my skin tone at all when applying and made me look orange as if I had put on a bad self-tanner. It was completely the wrong color. It also made parts of my face extremely oily throughout the day, while not doing much to cover any blemishes or red pigmentation in my face. I was really disappointed in the product, mostly because there are some really great Almay products I use daily.
Amanda W.
Canton, IL
I tried this product b/c I didn't have extra money with the holidays coming and was trying to avoid having to spend almost four times as much on my usual Stila foundation. The product is okay in my opinion. I have used worse, even spending more money on others that I did not like as well. It does not provide a heavy coverage but the light coverage is all that I was looking for. It does seem to layer well and look natural layered if you have a skin problem that you are trying to cover up.
Kathy R.
Marysville, OH
I never wear foundation, and have very sensitive skin. Based on a recommendation to try Almay, I saw this and thought it looked safe. I am loving it because it is very fool proof and works as a great foundation without being too noticeable. When it is gone, I am very anxious to try a BB or CC cream, which is why I only gave it a "B" grade. It doesn't cover up dark circles or bright blemishes, but it is great for balancing skin tone and color matching while being incredibly lightweight
Danielle P.
Mount Clemens, MI
I bought this because my skin tone is less than average. I was hoping that it would match my color so I wouldn't have to mix colors. It worked, but not as well as Id of liked it to. It was closer than most, but for the price, I wish it would have matched a little better. Still a good purchase though.
Zoe S.
Charleston, SC
I got this a while back to try because it sounded fabulous. When I got home I excitedly opened it and tried it on my hand. It was perfectly fine there, though I did notice it was a bit thin. The next day I went to put it on my face (which has some olive tones) and it made my face completely yellow. It was nowhere near the right shade, and it looked like I had just put a sheer yellowy orange face paint on. It was so terrible I immediately wiped it all off and no matter how many times I've tried to make it work, it just doesn't. Not worth spending a single cent on.
Erica C.
Springfield, VA
I have fairly sensitive skin, so I have used Almay prodcuts for awhile. I was excited about a skin-matching foundation, but this was not for me. When I squeezed the foundation onto my fingers, a brown oily liquid dripped out, even when I would shake the tube first. It took quite a bit of mixing and did not offer very good coverage. In addition, my hands would be left brown and gross, like I had applied self-tanner.
member-68be4e22b
lapeer,mi
Great for not drying out my skin and it has three shades but if your an in between person you chose the closes one to your skin and as soon as you put it on it maches to your skin
Rox C.
Lynchburg, VA
I really thought this foundation would be different considering it was supposed to be lightweight. Almost an hour after putting it on it started making me look "wrinkley" in all my laugh lines. Also, it is advertised as almost being skin technology with the smart shade adjusting to your skin tone. The shade didn't look to change or adjust at all which led me to think what it really does and where my money was going.
Christina D.
This is one of the first "foundations" I ever purchased, before ever discovering YouTube and beauty blogs. Overall, I consider this tinted moisturizer not a foundation, definitely sheer coverage. As for the "shade-sensing technology," I just don't see it. The color swatch on my face, which is a shade or two lighter then my hands, are exactly the same. Overall, I like the feel of this product on my dry skin and this is something I reach for the days I just don't need to much coverage.
Katherine Y.
Los Angeles, CA
I like this product. The color matching "smart" shade claim is not scientifically correct, as you probably knew, but that's OK. Basically there are small beads/molecules in the product (that are not detectable) that add skin color to the originally white cream once you start rubbing the foundation on your face.

The coverage is medium/sheer, definitely not full. I use it just to even out my skin tone but not to cover anything and not for flawless look. It's great for everyday use!
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.