BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
kenzi m.
Boulder Creek, CA
I am a make up critique when it comes to my skin, and I would rather wear none at all than have an oily base on my face. I tried this on a whim while lurking my sister's make up drawer and actually really liked it.

Drawback is I only use it for my cover up spots because it doesn't completely blend in, I even had a light shade with my tan face and it still came out somewhat orange.

I also recommend blending it with your fingers rather than a sponge, it looks ten times more natural that way.
Kelly G.
Saint Joseph, MI
I was looking for a foundation that isn't too heavy and doesn't cake on my face. Since my skin is oily in places I was having a heard time of finding a foundation that lasted more than a few hours. Almay Smart Shade was perfect! It matches my skin (no weird line between neck and face), it's just enough coverage to even my skin out but still light enough that I don't feel like I'm wearing too much. Even though the container does appear small it does last me 60-90 days typically. Highly recommend!
Renae V.
Very good product for light to medium coverage. Does a good job of matching your skin tone and covers normal skin pretty well. You can defiantly build the coverage up and it doesn't look cakey. One of my favorite "foundations" to wear because you don't feel like you are wearing anything. Would defiantly purchase again.
Catherine P.
Hutto, TX
I have a very hard skin color to match, very light olive - not medium, and this foundation does an excellent job of matching it. However, I find I prefer the texture after mixing with a moisturizer, and at that point, it's easier for me to just buy a tinted moisturizer. I prefer a light coverage, and this one is more medium. It makes my face look too flat for my taste. Also, it dries relatively fast and is hard to move once dried. I would suggest this if you have normal skin (not too oily or dry).
Brooke T.
Beaverton, OR
I am not a fan of this makeup in any sense. First off, the application itself lent to very poor, uneven coverage. Also, it did not match my skin tone at all. Usually foundations are a bit dark on me anyways, I have come to notice, as I am quite pale. However, even buying the lightest shade available for this makeup, as I blended it turned my skin an awful shade of almost orange. I was told by multiple people that I looked as if I had gotten a spray tan on my face. How embarrassing!
Stephanie W.
Morehead City, NC
First of f I am pretty light skinned. I mean burn never tan pale. So to find a foundation that does not turn me into a ompa lompa is worth the price. And the Almay smart shade does the trick. it covers very well without feeling heavy. And you don't need a lot of product. So it last a pretty good while.
member-68be4e22b
lapeer,mi
Great for not drying out my skin and it has three shades but if your an in between person you chose the closes one to your skin and as soon as you put it on it maches to your skin
Amanda W.
Canton, IL
I tried this product b/c I didn't have extra money with the holidays coming and was trying to avoid having to spend almost four times as much on my usual Stila foundation. The product is okay in my opinion. I have used worse, even spending more money on others that I did not like as well. It does not provide a heavy coverage but the light coverage is all that I was looking for. It does seem to layer well and look natural layered if you have a skin problem that you are trying to cover up.
Kellie B.
Virginia Bch, VA
I used to use this product when I first started using foundations. I was naive and didn't want to go through the trouble of finding a matching shade. After about 6 months, I started paying more attention and noticed how orange it left my face. If you don't blend it totally perfectly and your skin is oily or dry in areas, it will leave those areas very orange and streaky. I don't use this anymore and never plan to again.
Shianne A.
Oceanside , CA
I tried this stuff thinking that it would be great, never having had a problem with Almay before. WRONG. This is one of the worst blending foundations I've ever used. It was streaky, uneven, and very unflattering. The problem is that the more you blend it in with your skin, the darker it seems to get, which leaves you with weird uneven color and coverage. I definitely would not recommend this product, at all, ever.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.