BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your s...2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Justine M.
Boston, MA
This stuff does actually work in blending with your skin except its pretty light coverage. You will have to use a good concealer in combination with this or build up the product if you want more medium, full coverage. It is pretty light though and it doesn't feel like you're wearing much.
Kara M.
Cincinnati, OH
More like tinted Moisturizer. It is smooth and creamy but that is about all it's got going for it. I am very light skinned, but I typically have no problem finding a match for my color. This was picked out for me by a make up specialist and I tried it; It was uneven in coloration, and it was too light! I looked like I put face paint on. I tried darker ones, and then it looked muddy and grey tinted. If you need coverage don't buy this. It's sheer and very light to minimal coverage. I would never buy this product!
Cherise M.
I hate this stuff! I tried the Smart Shade based on reviews that I had read and when I got it, on the package it states "hypoallergenic" I will preface by saying that I have had breakouts from makeup products before, but you know just a few pimples here and there sort of thing. Well the smart shade foundation after a few hours I noticed my face was hurting a little, so I washed my makeup off. The next morning I woke up with a full blown painfully red rash all over my entire face. It hurt SO bad, I've NEVER experienced this sort of reaction before. I e-mailed them and they told me I could send the product to them for a full refund, which is the only reason it's not getting an "F".
Marsha V.
Lakeside, CA
So, I did not have the money to buy my preferred option at Sephora so I opted to goto my drugstore. This one was on sale and I had a coupon so it was easy on the wallet. I had the commercials and thought it was worth a shot. I have been using it for a week now. The color is not perfect but it will do. I think a good primer is a must because otherwise and hour later you can't tell you ever put anything on. But it must be a good primer. Luckily, I had various samples I got from Sephora. I used four different ones and it was not a pretty picture. So to sum it up, it is good in a pich like in my case but not an every day thing much less if you want covereage for more than two hours.
Anne-Marie D.
Jax Bch, FL
I didn't expect this product to provide full coverage. I did however, expect it to be kind to my skin and it just wasn't. The consistency is so thin, by the time you get it on your face it's dragging. I'm no dermatologist, but I'm pretty sure that's a "no-no" in skin care. Also, I have olive skin but it's still very fair, since I haven't spent any length of time in the sun since 2001. The product promises to match all skin tones in the category chosen to match your skin tone. I chose light/medium. It's just didn't blend well or look natural. So- I say save your money. Get a good BB cream.
Melissa S.
Spokane, WA
I bought this to use over the summer, thinking a light foundation or tinted moisturizer is what I needed for the hot summer months. Wrong! This provided pretty much zero coverage and was super greasy looking on my skin. Also, I tried two different shades (the only ones close to my skin tone) and both were very orange looking. Definitely will not be trying again. If you have oily skin stay away from this product or you will be very shiny!
Maria A.
Las Vegas, NV
I don't know what it is about this stuff. I saw it at the store and it sounded great. I've never had an issue with this brand so i figured it would be fine. About five minutes after putting it on my skin started to sting. The sting turned into a burn. I washed it off completely with a neutral soap. My skin was red and irritated for a couple of days. It did match my skin pretty well tho. That's not easy to do as I'm Irish and VERY pale.
Tiffany V.
Ontario, Ny
I tried this foundation a couple times. Personally, it's as cheap as the packaging. I think this is a good product for a 13 year old who is just starting to discover makeup. The product itself is light weight and has a small amount of SPF. The consistency is more watery than thick with tiny beads that I believe the marketers refer to as the "shade-sensing technology". The beads are what add the color. I feel that the marketers did a nice job hyping up a mediocre product that I personally found disappointing.
Patricia B.
Milwaukee, WI
I wasn't too sure how a makeup could match my skin tone without some kind of magic involved. Unfortunately, Almay Smart Shade Foundation didn't quite have the magic. I liked the coverage of this formula, another plus was it didn't get sticky in the humidity. As for the smart shade, it wasn't smart enough....The color was no where near my skin tone, it ended up being way to light...Some tinted powder over the top and I was out the door. Sorry Almay, I won't be buying this product again....Please keep trying...
Dannica
La Mirada, CA
The only reason I'm not giving this an F is because it looks good on the first few minute! Don't be fooled into thinking it will match your shade, it doesn't. it basically is a gray cream, with little brown color beads in it, when you rub it into your face, the beads burst in lines on your face, you end up looking like you smeared dirt on your face when it oxidizes.. maybe if you put it on a plate or something and mix it up, and then apply it ,itd be better, but it looked like an orange or dirt mess on my face.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.