BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Colleen E.
Colleen E.
Coloring with all of the smart shade products is off. Not meant for pale girls, so orange!
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
Shingletown, CA
This product is ok. It feels nice going on. I do prefer a bit more coverage. Also, I have oily skin, which really makes it hard for the product to "stick". I think it is probably a better product for someone with minimal skin issues.
KristineAnne P.
KristineAnne P.
I bought this a while ago when that whole fad was big. I mean come on, a 'skin matching' foundation? It was something new and the concept was cool. Ooooh aahhh it magically adjusts it's pigmentation to the color of your skin - uh nope I don't think so. It broke me out. Out of the tube it was a grey-ish off white color. I wasn't expecting much coverage cause the consistency was quite watery and not enough pigmentation to provide any. Though it did a good job at sliding around and oxidizing like crazy. What a mess. If it works for you, awesome, but it's a pass for me.
Lisa B.
Lisa B.
TAMPA, FL
My go-to foundation is a mineral format but I use this in the evenings when I don't want to apply powder. I dab it on sparingly and it does blend in to a light finish.
Chelsea D.
Chelsea D.
East Lansing, MI
I tried this product and it was great when you were out with friends and all had to touch up your makeup but i did not like how it was kind of watery-like and did not cover enough by itself. Its great if you have no blemishes and are trying to even out skin tone only.
Leana T.
Leana T.
San Francisco, CA
I bought this makeup today because I ran out of my Max Factor Colour Adapt makeup and I cannot find it anywhere in town. The Max Factor "adapts to your own skin tone" so this Almay makeup caught my eye as it promised the same thing. I bought the lightest shade and put it on after my moisturizer. It is white in the tube and basically changes color when you put it on your face. Goes on very easy and blends well. It just looks like I have a more even skin tone and that is really all I was looking for. I'll update this review after I have it for a few days. My skin is really dry and occasionally gets irritated with new makeup, so those will be the deciding factors as to whether or not this will work in the long run for me. But so far, it is pretty amazing.
Nicole S.
Nicole S.
Moscow, PA
The product seems great. But not so much! I have sensitive skin, and this made me break out big time. The rash took forever to finally go away.
Kristi K.
Kristi K.
Great product as long as it isn't too old. When new, it blends perfectly. As it sits a month or so, it stops blending and you get light and dark patches.
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Blue Springs, MO
This stuff says it completely shade matches your face - it doesn't! I bought this and it was a complete waste of money! I thought it would be great for changing seasons, esp during the summer when I get sunburnt, and then peel, and then tan, but this seriously made me look orange and splotchy. I think I still have it because I didn't want to just throw it away after purchasing, but I seriously only tried it once. Not worth the money!
Sabrina G.
Sabrina G.
Hartford, WI
Light weight, full coverage, slight shimmer. but it doesn't last longer then a year it started to turn orange.
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.