7 colors available

BY ALMAY

• Does it really blend as nice and naturally to your skin tone as it ...14 Answers
  • How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Diva With Big Ego J.
Diva With Big Ego J.
Bossier City, LA
This is a fair good product but the color range isn't geared to darker skin
Mary Ann P.
Mary Ann P.
Palm Coast, FL
If you apply this over lotions, it will turn black. It also appears much darker after applying.
Mary Elena D.
Mary Elena D.
Tacoma, WA
The product is one shade, it may or may not match you, but it doesn't blend like it claims.
Jenna V.
Jenna V.
Portland, ME
I purchased Almay Smart Shade Foundation in Medium after reading a number of reviews of a different Almay foundation product. I ran out of my Clinique foundation and I was looking for something more affordable and usable for summer days when my skin gets tanned and brown. I definitely agree that their shades run dark so beware you may want to buy a shade lighter than you're used to.

While the color shade quality is not perfect, it's not horrible for me either. I get very brown in the summer, so this actually gives me more color where my face isn't tanned. I always use this product with a moisturizer with SPF so I can blend the product to the shade I need. I always shake the bottle, even squeeze it around, before opening. The pigment can settle if you don't use the product for a while, so its important to mix it so you don't get too much dark pigment to work with.

This even though this foundation is liquid, it doesn't make my face feel overly caked. When I happen to sweat, it doesn't feel like it's running down my face. This is not a foundation I would use for special events or a night on the town, but I'll definitely use it when I go to the beach, go to work, or run around with errands.
Michael R.
Michael R.
Morrow, GA
I really didn't like this foundation just because even at the lightest tone they had, it was 3 or 4 shades too dark for my skin, the ivory isn't ivory at all. Not only that but its really easy to use too much because of how the foundation is, and it doesn't last very long and you have to buy more by the end of around 2 or 3 weeks if you use it everyday. It also gives your face this greasy, gross feeling when I put it on that just makes me feel dirty almos
Bella L.
Bella L.
Bakersfield, CA
I didn't really like this stuff, and it barely did what it was supposed to do. The coverage is minimal, and it's more like a bb or cc cream. I would use it if I didn't have any other choice, but I'd rather stick to my usual foundation.
Martha A.
Martha A.
Joliet, IL
Not the best but not the worst
Natalie S.
Natalie S.
Madison, WI
Doesn't cover up pimples and hardly smooths skin tone. It seems oily when applied on my face. I would not recommend this
Amanda W.
Amanda W.
Canton, IL
I tried this product b/c I didn't have extra money with the holidays coming and was trying to avoid having to spend almost four times as much on my usual Stila foundation. The product is okay in my opinion. I have used worse, even spending more money on others that I did not like as well. It does not provide a heavy coverage but the light coverage is all that I was looking for. It does seem to layer well and look natural layered if you have a skin problem that you are trying to cover up.
Trina T.
Trina T.
I like this product; however, I feel that it is a little darker than what the product description states. It was a little watery; however, I was able to shake the bottle and mix the product to give it a more thicker consistency. I'm not sure I would purchase this again; however, it is alright.
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.