BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Shelby R.
Locust, NC
As a creature of habit I wouldn't usually stray away from my usual Revlon Foundation. However, I received a coupon to try Almay Smart Shade Foundation. After finding a shade that closely resembled my skin tone I purchased it and anxiously went home to try it. However, I was quite disappointed. I found the coverage to be non existent and the makeup to be very "cakey". I would personally not recommend this makeup to any of my friends. It currently chills in the bottom of my makeup bag waiting to see the light of day.
Nathalie C.
If you want full coverage, this is not for you. This just basically blends into your skin like if it was a lotion that was tinted. I remember using this and thought it was awesome because i have a hard time finding my color, but I need a more full coverage.

If you don't have many imperfections, then this might be for you.
Lauren C.
Columbus, OH
I haven't bought this foundation in years, but when I saw it on the site I wanted to tell others why I stopped buying it. At first it seems to perfectly match skin tone and all is well. However, if you accidentally layer it on thicker on one part of your face it matches to the other layer creating an orange shade. Also, if you are in a hurry and aren't paying super close attention or are in less than optimal lighting, it can end up streaky and orange.
Rachel P.
I have been using Almay's Smart Shade/Smart Blend foundation for literally years. Firstly, it is more of a tinted moisturizer with the added bonus of SPF. Before application, wash your hands. Make sure that you are applying it to a clean face - apply your neutralizer/concealer AFTERWARDS. Don't glob it on! This product works a whole lot better when you apply it by separating your face into planes and applying small dabs from there. You have to essentially "rub" the product in to activate the beads, similar to how you rub in a tinted moisturizer. The coverage is fair, it is more the less to even out your skin tone and give you an even complexion.
Justine M.
Boston, MA
This stuff does actually work in blending with your skin except its pretty light coverage. You will have to use a good concealer in combination with this or build up the product if you want more medium, full coverage. It is pretty light though and it doesn't feel like you're wearing much.
Miriam N.
Trinity, NC
I have fair skin however, I am far from the "fairest of them all". I usually have to use lighter shades on the color spectrum. I bought the lightest shade Almay offers and it was like smearing mud on my face. I waited for about 10 minutes hoping,by some miracle, the shade would magically soften to something close to my color. It never changed... I assume if you have meduim to dark complexions there may be a color match for you. (On a positive note, My favorite drugstore foundation is Almay's Clear Complextion formula!)
Ashlee G.
Milwaukee, WI
When I first bought this product I was indecisive about it. After using it for a while on and off I've come to the conclusion that I don't like it. I wasn't expecting it to be a full-coverage foundation, but I did expect it to have some type of coverage. It did match my skin tone, but I'm pretty sure the only reason for that is because it's sheer and did nothing to cover anything. It did not cover any redness or acne or scars and made my skin feel oily. I would compare this more to a tinted moisturizer than a foundation.
Kara M.
Cincinnati, OH
More like tinted Moisturizer. It is smooth and creamy but that is about all it's got going for it. I am very light skinned, but I typically have no problem finding a match for my color. This was picked out for me by a make up specialist and I tried it; It was uneven in coloration, and it was too light! I looked like I put face paint on. I tried darker ones, and then it looked muddy and grey tinted. If you need coverage don't buy this. It's sheer and very light to minimal coverage. I would never buy this product!
Dannica
La Mirada, CA
The only reason I'm not giving this an F is because it looks good on the first few minute! Don't be fooled into thinking it will match your shade, it doesn't. it basically is a gray cream, with little brown color beads in it, when you rub it into your face, the beads burst in lines on your face, you end up looking like you smeared dirt on your face when it oxidizes.. maybe if you put it on a plate or something and mix it up, and then apply it ,itd be better, but it looked like an orange or dirt mess on my face.
Melissa S.
Spokane, WA
I bought this to use over the summer, thinking a light foundation or tinted moisturizer is what I needed for the hot summer months. Wrong! This provided pretty much zero coverage and was super greasy looking on my skin. Also, I tried two different shades (the only ones close to my skin tone) and both were very orange looking. Definitely will not be trying again. If you have oily skin stay away from this product or you will be very shiny!
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.