BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Jacqueline O.
Sacramento, CA
I have very pale skin so finding a foundation light enough can be very tricky. I tries Almay Smart Shade thinking that if it worked as it claims to, it would probably a good match. I was very wrong. The formula and consistency were okay, but instead of matching my skin tone, it simply turned a yellow-orange shade that was a complete mis-match. Not even close to my skin tone and no amount of blending would make it work. It starts out as a whiteish color with beads that are supposed to match your skin, I'm not sure what it was trying to match on me.
Ashley D.
Pittsburgh, PA
The makeup claims to have "color changing properties". In reality, the pigment is trapped in spheres that are broken when you spread the mixture on your face. It is the same as mixing your regular foundation with lotion to get a smoothr application or to dilute the color. I have very fair skin and could not find a shade light enough. I ended up blending this product with more moisturizer so it would match. After diluting the product so much the coverage it provided was a joke. Will not buy again
Roxanne A.
La Jolla, CA
The coverage is not that great, which means that it basically just acts like a mid quality tinted mousturizer
Chrysti P.
Canton, GA
This is a great product that blends really well with your coloring. For some of the other reviews, they were probably starting in the wrong shade group.. This product has a nice light feel that will not leave you with sweat streaks or rubbing off on clothes.
Keri P.
Goldsboro, NC
I used this during my school years when I couldn't afford a "real" foundation and picked it up at the local drug store. It felt a bit heavy and appeared orang-y at times and fine other times, like it was not well mixed. I liked that it had 15 SPF protection. I eventually switched products to a BB cream.
Savanah L.
I'm kind of in the middle with this One... I love the way the foundation looks on me but I don't like the fact it dried out my skin but if your looking for good color I recommend just use face moisturizer before use.
Elaine G.
I like this product for more casual wear- provides ok coverage & feels smooth. It seems like a step up from a tinted moisturizer but step down from a heavy department store foundation.
Kat D.
Sacramento, CA
I bought this stuff while trying to find a new foundation after my local store stopped carrying my favorite brand. I was so excited about the smart shade technology that I automatically assumed that it would work for pale people too. That's what it's advertised for.... right? Wrong! I blended the makeup with my fingers and it turned brown and streaky. If I touched the makeup at all it did this, if I didn't it would slowly turn that really fake pinkish color. Maybe if I were a bit more tan it wouldn't have been so noticeable but on behalf of all the pale girls looking into this product I have to give it an F.
Maria O.
Crowley, TX
I'm a fan of bb creams not foundations, but almay smart shade works great is a light foundation with great coverage
Sarajane R.
Palm Desert, CA
I have porcelain skin and often have a hard time finding the right shade of foundation. I bought this thinking that it would automatically adjust and magically become my perfect shade. WRONG! Whether because it was unable to adjust to my skin or just plain false advertising, I don't know. I definitely will not be purchasing this again.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.