BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Mai D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
After many years of using makeup (on/off), I found myself still a novice in this field. I considered myself a novice because I don't always use makeup when I go out so I am not very good at putting makeup on my face to make myself look presentable. I found that it is too much of a hassle, too many steps, and time consuming. So I opted to use the Almay Smart Shade Foundation instead of all other traditional make up because it was easy to use. Mind you I used this product many months ago. It was very easy to apply, I just use my fingers. It spread pretty evenly but the shade that I bought (to me) made my look skin lighter, therefore I thought it made my face look weird and not natural at all. So I went and bought a shade darker which made my skin looks much darker. I can’t seem to find a medium/natural shade for my skin. Also, it feels sticky even after i use the finishing powder and it sometime it looks scaly and dry even after I use moisturizer. Perhaps I need to invest in a better moisturizer. Nevertheless, I give this product a B because it was easy to use, and shaved few minutes off of my makeup routine. I don’t like it anymore because it starting to make my face look dry and not natural because of the shades differences.
Amy P.
Alexander, AR
I love this foundation. If used with there smart shade primer, and powder it gives me a really nice face.
Kali K.
Lebanon, TN
I have very pale skin so it is hard to find foundation to really blend well without looking fake. The foundation did match my skin tone better than most foundations but it did a poor job of covering up my lines and acne.
Caitlin S.
Barbourville, KY
I liked this product at first and then after i started tanning in the summer it would always adjust to WAY darker than my skin was. And i was buying one of the lightest shades.
Alicia M.
Fort Myers, FL
I typically buy Almay products, but I found that this one just did not match my skin tone at all. It felt too cakey and after five minutes I was trying to get it off.
Brianna C.
Ft Wainwright, AK
I was so excited to try this and was sadly disappointed. Granted my expectations had been a little high, but the way it went on looked terrible/very uneven. It was pricey for it to not even work. I like Almay in general, but this "smart"shade made me really orange. I will not repurchase.
Lauren T.
Arlington, TX
I was surprised that it blended nicely.
Samantha W.
Lake Worth, FL
I started using this when I was 17. There's not a lot of product, and it's fairly expensive. The great part about it is that you don't need any powder when using this. It goes on so smooth, and has great coverage.
Alexis P.
I definitely would NOT call this a foundation. It is more of a tinted moisturizer. It does not cover all blemishes very well, it just somewhat makes your face appear to be one color.
Amy A.
Hopatcong, NJ
I have to saw that it wont work for every one but for some people! if you are planning on getting it make sure you think it through because you may or may not like it! in my opinion i feel like it works great and it has helped me in my acne spots on my face but it tends to get grease! other than that i like it!
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.