BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Jenna O.
Palmdale, CA
I love this stuff. I have normal skin and have never been the type of girl who likes a whole lot of foundation on my face, this stuff is the perfect amount of "coverage" that I look for and also works as an amazing base for those times that I go out with a full foundation on my face. In the summer is when I adore this product the most because it allows you to wear makeup even when its super hot out and wont melt off your face! From my experiences Almays products are all amazing and work great on all skin types. It is def a must have especially in the summer time!!
Nicole B.
Burns, TN
Ideally this foundation would be awesome! I was out of my MAC foundation and need some immediately so, for the price I decided to try it out. To think it will match a variety of shades knowing that my color changes a few shades from summer to winter. It comes out as a white liquid which is was somewhat startling and I've learned to try and rub it together in order to get the color started before applying to my face. Some days it seems like it matches better than others (often appears grayish or too orangish) and works decent as a base. Coverage is more than I like though. It appears almost cakey to me and I prefer a more smooth natural look.
Alexandra F.
Kailua, HI
I've always had a hard time finding a good foundation for my skin. I have a somewhat pale, very neutral tone which most makeup doesn't seem to work well with, and I was constantly getting frustrated with foundations always being too dark no matter what shade I got. This one is perfect though, I don't know if it really matches my personal skin tone or if I was just lucky enough to have a tone that already matched the product, but I refuse to use any other foundation.
The only problem is that it is rather thin, and if you have blemishes to cover up you'd better have a good concealer on hand as well. (Personally I think that's a given though.)
Jacqueline O.
Sacramento, CA
I have very pale skin so finding a foundation light enough can be very tricky. I tries Almay Smart Shade thinking that if it worked as it claims to, it would probably a good match. I was very wrong. The formula and consistency were okay, but instead of matching my skin tone, it simply turned a yellow-orange shade that was a complete mis-match. Not even close to my skin tone and no amount of blending would make it work. It starts out as a whiteish color with beads that are supposed to match your skin, I'm not sure what it was trying to match on me.
Melissa G.
Weare, NH
I have very difficult skin to find a match for in any foundation. I was drawn to this product because it is supposed to melt into the skin and match your tone "magically". I found that the match was good sometimes, but out of the same tube I was a different color the next day. This product is super sensitive to temperature changes. I also found that the product did not blend into the skin. It really just sat on top of my skin and looked like a layer of gunk that melted throughout the day. I even tried the age defying version and found the same problems.
Jenni G.
Raleigh, NC
I was so excited when I first found this product. I hate trying to match my skin tone, and I am almost always off, so a product that matches my tone for me sounded amazing. It is amazing, but not always. I know that you must apply with your fingers, and I did that every time. About half of the time, it did a great job with coverage and matching my skin tone. The other half of the time, well it would be really dark and streaky. I would have to remove it and I usually went with no make up those days. My morning routine is always the same, so I have no clue why it would work sometimes, and not work well others.
If you are like me, and don't wear foundation every day, you will like this for those few occasions.
Tabitha B.
Killeen, TX
I tried this products in the summer hoping to find a better alternative to BB creams. I wanted a lightweight foundation with added benefits for the summer. I'm olive toned but am pretty light in winter and very olive toned in summer so I purchased both the light/medium and the medium shade just to see which matched better...NEITHER! This foundation is orange in tone and very unflattering even on my friend who is a redhead and has a more of a pinky undertone. It literally looked like I had a horrible self tanner on :-( Very disappointing.
Samantha G.
Lakeland, FL
As far as coverage, the Almay Smart shade foundation gives a girl everything she could possibly ask for. However, I was not satisfied that when you squeeze out the foundation, there are patches of dark and patches of light foundations, and you have to mix them yourself. The huge problem with this is you can rarely have the same shade, since different amounts of each are in there. I once had a very tan face in contrast with my pale neck and body, and it was very embarrasing. Overall, if you don't mind spending the time mixing and making sure the shades are right, I'd give this product a C. The photo shows the coverage you get.
Ali F.
Van Nuys, CA
When it comes to foundation I always seem to be in between shades and I never have time in the mornings to be mixing difrent prodcts to get the perfect match. So I picked up this product a few months back hoping it would work for me....but it didn't, at all. I clames to adjust to your skin color. But I found that it doesn't match at all its very sheer and leaves my skin looking orange and feeling greasy! So if you want your skin to look orange and have just as many visable blemishes then this is agood product for you otherwise I don't recommend it.
Dani J.
Alay is usally an alright brand with makeup, but i was very disappointed in the results of this foundation, i was excited to see ow the color matching technology would work on my skin tone, but the results were awful. i feel like the foundation left lines on my face, and the color matching didn't work to well at all. also, the foundation did not cover blemishes well, and seemed to wear off by the end of the day. it is especially not for those with oily skin, it makes your face seem very shiny by the end of the day! i do not recommend this product!
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.