BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your s...2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Victoria H.
Greendale, IN
I went out and bought this product because of its average review and wanted to give it a test for myself and I was highly disappointed. I used a little, because I am pale, and I turned a tinted orange that nobody wants their makeup to look like. Well I did. I bought the palest one which was the light. I thought it was going to look good on me and I really thought it was going to match me perfectly. (Buzzer noise) NOPE! Sorry ladies and gents, but this for me was a bummer.
Brittany G.
Celebration , FL
This product made my face look filthy. Like I was better off exposing my PMS pimples to the world than wearing this out in public. Not only did it not match my skin tone, the green beads that are supposed to do that matching actually stayed green and mixed with oils in my pores making my face actually look like it had dirt on it. TERRIBLE
Sandra B.
Astoria, NY
Extremely light coverage - I wear this product when I am going for a more natural look. I am very happy with it. It feels very light on the skin as well. It surprisingly does last a while- and I'm always touching my face throughout the day haha. I would recommend but don't be expecting miracles with this product.
Alex P.
Hamilton, KS
This product goes on great but doesn't like my dry skin. I do put on moisturizer before I put on make up but it clumps over my concealer. My beauty blender helps a lot but still it didn't impress me. I have acne on my skin so I'm looking for decent coverage. This is great for someone that wants light coverage and light feeling on the skin
Tabitha M.
If you are looking for medium/full coverage, this isn't the product for you. While it does match my skin tone very well, I might a well have just put lotion on my face because this doesn't cover anything for me. I don't have much for acne scarring or anything like that and it still leaves a lot to be desired. I'd say it's more along the lines of a tinted moisturizer, which it works well as. I'm giving it a C because to me it was marketed as a foundation and it really isn't.
Savannah S.
Huntley, IL
Definitely not my favorite... You won't find a real "skin tone matching makeup" it's just not a real thing to say the least. You can get close to your skin tone but, all in all each skin tone is so different. The coverage isn't great on this either, as another poster said, you'd think for the price and name brand they'd do a little better.
Kristi R.
Canton, OH
I'm not sure about this one actually. I don't know if I can give a proper review on this only because you see, I'm pretty pale.. and I have a hard time finding foundations and concealers for my skin tone.. cause lets face it they don't make a Casper color. I tried to use this in the lightest color thinking maybe the "Smart" shade would adjust to my skin tone like it says it does.... NOPE. After rubbing it all in... I looks like Snooki straight out of her GTL runs...
Jennifer Y.
Peabody, MA
Although the price point is appealing, you seem to get get what you pay for with this foundation. What Almay claims to be a "smart shade" is not so smart. I tried the light/medium shade because I have relatively light colored skin with a hint of a tan and expected this foundation to blend right into my skin tone; but instead turned an interesting shade of orange. Not only is the color off, this makeup completely dried my skin out to the point where my face was slightly flaking off on my cheeks, upper lip, and chin after only a few uses. It may have been my mix of dry/oily skin type in particular that did not agree with this foundation because a friend of mine loves it, but I would not recommend taking the chance.
Jacklynn C.
West Columbia, SC
I first saw this product as i was walking through Big Lots. They had it where you were either a light,light/medium,medium,dark. Not much to pick from, i thought i would be a light so i decided to give the product a try. IT WAS HORRIBLE. Did not match the color of my face what so ever it made me look like i just laid in a tanning bed for hours. I am pale, this product is not for pale people. I thought it would be fine because it is suppose to match your skin tone. Another thing is i have oily skin. Not all over but just my T-zone. Again not a product for oily skin! I washed my face added my lotion and put this product on for my normal day. I looked like a grease monkey! The bottom line is don't buy this product.
Ashley C.
Wyoming, MI
I will start off by saying that this foundation does a lot more for my skin/face than any other foundation i have used thus far. as far as the smart shade part, i don't know if i agree with that, it didn't match well to my skin tone whatsoever even though i tried a few different tones just in case. other than it saying it can match to any skin tone and not really living up to it i loved how healthy it made my face feel after only a few uses, i also love that theres in SPF in it. one more step i didn't need to apply before the foundation process!
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.