BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Julia J.
Iowa City, IA
I'm a bit surprised that so many people have given this product a C. I actually have really been liking it lately! I'm fair skinned, and when I wore it in the past I thought it oxidized a bit too much on my skin. Not so much that I couldn't blend it out into the rest of my skin, but enough that I noticed a significant difference in color. However, now in the summer, it is the perfect color for me (I have the lightest shade), and I really enjoy how the light to medium coverage evens out my skin tone without feeling cakey or heavy. I took this on a trip to Europe and thought it was great for travel as well, easy to smooth on quickly with your fingers and go!
Catherine H.
Citrus Hts, CA
I tried this in hopes that I would love it. Who doesn't want a foundation that matches your skin tone? While it goes on smooth and doesn't feel heavy or greasy, it leaves a lot to be desired. I found the coverage wasn't so smart. In fact, I don't recommend this if you need to cover any blemishes or dark spots. This also comes off very easily and is not waterproof. I definitely don't plan on buying this product again.
Sara B.
Salt Lake City, UT
At first use I was a fan of this foundation. Then again, I am a foundation whore. I always have at least 3 different brands because I get sick of them so fast. This foundation, however, seemed to go bad much faster than other brands which surprised me because I am usually a fan of Almay. I was also excited for this brand to last me through fall when I went from summertime glow to winter zombie skin tone - which it didn't.
All in all, if you have a relatively consistent skin tone and use foundation quickly this will work fine for you but if you have blemishes to cover, changing skin tone, or don't use foundation very often, this product is definitely not for you.
Sofia C.
I got it on clearance at Walgreens for half price. Right after I got it, I used it on my friend who has a far pinker skin tone than me. It blended perfectly and evened out her skin amazingly. It wasn't oily, heavy or shiny. I then used it on myself (a yellower undertone skin tone) and it also blended perfectly and wasn't shiny. Trust me, I hate my skin being shiny, I wear two shine-free/matte powders on a daily basis, so I would know if it was shiny. I also love the concealer of this brand. It blends so it isn't too light that it makes blemishes stand out (especially in pictures with the flash). It's the same shade if not, darker so they blend in well. This foundation is thick enough to cover blemishes somewhat but not too heavy that it's...heavy.
Leah A.
Maynard, MA
I bought this foundation several years ago when it first came out. I liked it when I first started using it, especially since it traveled well and didn't make too much of a mess. Also, a little went a long way for me. I used the lightest shade, and it matched my skin tone very well. However, I felt like the product started to go bad very quickly. Shortly after I started to use it, the makeup separated in the tube. So, when I would go to use it, a nasty separated mess would come out. I don't know if the formula has since changed, but I would not repurchase this foundation.
Sherita G.
Tuscaloosa, AL
As someone who never wore makeup because I didn't care for regular foundations, I tried this on a whim in hope that it would even my skin out without being heavy. I'll admit that I didn't like how it looked the first time that I tried it. I did a little Internet research and found out that I was applying it wrong. Even though the directions state to blend with your fingertips, this works so much better if you blend it with a blush brush. Also, you need to allow the product to set up for a few minutes and reach its full color changing potential before you decide to apply more.
Alejandra P.
Fort Worth
Review for: Smart Balance 300
Really like this product. After recovering from the initial shock of the product being white, I applied the product and really liked the coverage. It is amazing how well it matches my skin tone and goes on smoothly and blends perfectly, leaving no makeup line.
Courtney W.
Riverview, MI
I know that many people are saying this product streaks and I can see how that could happen but you have to shake the bottle well before using it. I have been using this product for years and I will not use anything else. i absolutely love the way that it blends with my skin. It also holds the bronzer well that I apply over top. In order to achieve good results with this product just make sure to shake the bottle before each use and apply in good lighting.
My favorite thing about this product is that color is very simple to match. There are only a few options and it seems that if I purchase both light and light/medium they both work just as well.
KristineAnne P.
I bought this a while ago when that whole fad was big. I mean come on, a 'skin matching' foundation? It was something new and the concept was cool. Ooooh aahhh it magically adjusts it's pigmentation to the color of your skin - uh nope I don't think so. It broke me out. Out of the tube it was a grey-ish off white color. I wasn't expecting much coverage cause the consistency was quite watery and not enough pigmentation to provide any. Though it did a good job at sliding around and oxidizing like crazy. What a mess. If it works for you, awesome, but it's a pass for me.
Michelle Sheree D.
Milwaukee, WI
I do love Almay. I do not like this product. first of not much coverage (which i di not think it is supposed to) but it is not very build-able either. It does not go on well. It does not stay on all day. Also I do not like the "smart shade" if you have different colors in different spots of your face it does not even out your skin tone. Most people do not have a complete even complexion. If you have rosecia (however you spell it) or redness forget it. If you have sunspots forget it. Does not seem to work well on oily or dry skin. Would not buy THIS almay product but that does not mean they are all bad. do not give up on almay due to one bad product!
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.