BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Chelsea E.
I decided to give this a shot because the normal foundation I use I have to buy two different shades and mix them. It looked one shade too dark in the mirror, but I was in a hurry to get to class so I just left it. I glanced in the mirror in my car (in the sunlight) and was horrified at how different the shade was from the rest of me! It was bad enough I went to the store to buy a different kind before class. I was not happy about the product or about being late!
Janet M.
I really didn't like this foundation just because even at the lightest tone they had, it was 3 or 4 shades too dark for my skin, the ivory isn't ivory at all. Not only that but its really easy to use too much because of how the foundation is, and it doesn't last very long and you have to buy more by the end of around 2 or 3 weeks if you use it everyday. It also gives your face this greasy, gross feeling when I put it on that just makes me feel dirty almost.
Kati T.
Galesville, WI
I bought this years ago when it was still a newer idea as one of my first foundations. I don't really need much coverage, mostly just spot treatments. I definitely wouldn't rely on this though for anything. It starts to change colors as you blend it, but it didn't match well to my light skin. Instead, it appeared a little orange. I never used the entire bottle because it just wasn't what I needed. If you already have flawless skin, this might be okay for you.
Caitlyn R.
Pittsburgh, PA
This product was very sheer and gave my face a pinkish cast. I tried 2 different shades to be sure I had the right one. I've had better results from a BB cream. Smartshade never really seemed to be my shade, felt heavy, and made my skin feel more oily. I very rarely give things a poor review, but I really disliked this product.
Kelsey P.
Aurora, CO
I've used this product a few times and thought it was pretty good. It dries into a powder-like feel and blends really well with your skin. I found that it was a light coverage that helped reduce the look of redness. However, it somewhat draws attention to any dry skin you may have, so if you have really bad acne and peel a lot, it may not be a good choice for you. Otherwise, if you don't want to break the bank on a higher-end product, this one is great.
Sarah M.
El Paso, TX
I tried this thinking it was really color matching after reading reviews on other sites, and I was so dissappointed. It has almost no color stay, tried a few different shades and they look the same on a white piece of paper as they do on my skin, so it's not color matching. Some colors made me look orange and others I couldn't even tell anything was on my face. All in all I think I'm over Almay products and stick to Dermablend which is more expensive, but works.
Brandi A.
Farmington, MO
I actually don't know if I like this or not. When I put it on, I couldn't tell if I had covered my whole face or if I missed any spots. Which I guess could be a good thing? I have no idea. I still have it sitting in my makeup box, I might dig it out and play with it more. But I've used it quite a few times and I'm really undecided on it. I didn't feel it on my skin, so that was a plus, and it didn't cling to any dry spots or make me feel like an oil slick.
Melissa W.
Just like any other cosmetic brand trying to sell a smart shading product, there are things to like AND not to like. It worked out for me for a day or two and as I continued to wear it more often, it broke me out!! No, not into zits and all the bumpiness.. But into a rash. All over my face. But maybe it's because of my sensitive skin or the lack of me reading the ingredients found in the product. As for now, I'm still against a product that says it's a smart shader but still comes in two degrees of skin color. Oh the contradiction.
Stephanie T.
Fall River, MA
I bought this when it first came out since I have a hard time finding a good shade match for my skin. I'm absolutely porcelain, no real yellow, beige, or red undertones. I thought this would be a good fit since it would match my shade. Not so much. It went from a whitish-off white shade to a too dark beige that looked like I had tried to wear foundation 3 shades too dark for me and it looked really odd. Maybe this works for some people, but I had no such luck.
Carolina T.
So I feel like a lot of foundations and particularly these types in this tube all vary depending on brand. Almay seems to be the only brand of this type of foundation that doesn't make my skin break-out more then usual. With that being said I do feel like this product is very heavy and somewhat greasy. I try to concentrate it in drier spots of my face. I really like the color it matches well with my complexion and that's hard for me because I have darker skin. Overall this product works for me with my skin type and I like the color.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.