BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
jackeline s.
Great foundation! Not only does it give a natural look,and gives just the right amount of coverage. The bonus is, it is inexpensive .
Brianna C.
Ft Wainwright, AK
I was so excited to try this and was sadly disappointed. Granted my expectations had been a little high, but the way it went on looked terrible/very uneven. It was pricey for it to not even work. I like Almay in general, but this "smart"shade made me really orange. I will not repurchase.
Emily Tanica T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this foundation for days where I just want to wear enough to even my skin and get that SPF 20. I find myself needing to touch up around the nose and mouth area.
Sara H.
Springfield, MO
For a drugstore foundation this is SMART, just like it is called. I have used this foundation once and I found that it blended well and the color matched my skin tone wonderfully.
alexandra d.
Lehigh Acres, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I try just about anything. This product did not do it for me, but that is me. It did not last/wear long.
Mai D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
After many years of using makeup (on/off), I found myself still a novice in this field. I considered myself a novice because I don't always use makeup when I go out so I am not very good at putting makeup on my face to make myself look presentable. I found that it is too much of a hassle, too many steps, and time consuming. So I opted to use the Almay Smart Shade Foundation instead of all other traditional make up because it was easy to use. Mind you I used this product many months ago. It was very easy to apply, I just use my fingers. It spread pretty evenly but the shade that I bought (to me) made my look skin lighter, therefore I thought it made my face look weird and not natural at all. So I went and bought a shade darker which made my skin looks much darker. I can’t seem to find a medium/natural shade for my skin. Also, it feels sticky even after i use the finishing powder and it sometime it looks scaly and dry even after I use moisturizer. Perhaps I need to invest in a better moisturizer. Nevertheless, I give this product a B because it was easy to use, and shaved few minutes off of my makeup routine. I don’t like it anymore because it starting to make my face look dry and not natural because of the shades differences.
Tara W.
Fall River , MA
This product was perfect for what it was meant to do. just enough tint and just enough moisture. and it matched my skin tone!
maria n.
Moreno Valley, CA
Put this on first then the face pouder it woeks well and looks super clean
Shae H.
Almay Smart Shade didn't get my shade right. It's very patchy and doesn't blend well, and on top of that, it made me orange!
Tiffany S.
Gadsden, AL
I thought it was neat that it changed from white to tan, but it doesn't really change to match your skin. The color didn't look good on me and it was more of an orange toned foundation than it should have been. It was also a lot thicker than I usually like. That is just my preference, but I like my foundation to go on smoothly and blend well, and this one had a consistency more like sunscreen.
Vicky W.
Flushing, NY
It a good product if you are looking for a sheer coverage.
Kayla O.
Cabot, AR
Do they have a shade named, "Fifty Shades Of Grey" ? Ha
Rebel B.
Canon, GA
Can anyone say with 100% that they love this product?
Tlaltzin M.
Sacramento, CA
Does this make your face oily?
Shinkell T.
Tulsa, Ok
My cousin owned this and my opinion would be it does not blend naturally.