BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Leah B.
Atlanta, GA
I love trying new make up & picked up this foundation on clearance at target for $2.50. I got the light medium since I am fair but it was summer and I was out in the sun often. First off it looked so dark out of the tube (as if there was no way it would match my completion)but as I applied it I had no issues with the color at all. It did "blend" to be a good fit for my skin tone and wore well with my bare minerals pressed powder on top. If you are looking for a foundation that provides a lot of cover up, I would say this is not for you. If I were on a budget or in a pinch I'd definitely buy this for lighter make up days but check out the revlon colorstay whipped foundation if you want serious coverage.
Bree S.
Cortland , OH
I literally hate this stuff. I don't like to product bash, because I know some products work better for some than others. I just do not get this stuff. First, it goes on white which I thought was cool at first. Then I realized it's rather impractical because I couldn't tell how much I was putting on/how much I needed. When it turned skin color it was too light for my skin, but that could have been a user error. I usually purchase foundation in classical ivory, so I got the light-medium (the lightest they carry) thinking it would be my shade since it's so smart... It doesn't go on very well with a foundation brush, even though it was just cleaned. And idk if this is just something that it wrong with my face lol but it really emphasizes the fine hairs on my face. Like made me look fuzzy. I tried using less, but it's difficult to tell when you're putting on white makeup how it's going to turn out when it changes color. Overall, I am taking this back to the store today. I gave it a week and I can't take it. Booo.
Alicia N.
Eden Prairie, MN
I was so excited to try this product when I saw that it was supposed to have color changing properties. I was hoping that it would take the guess work out of finding your perfect color. And I didn't have good luck at all. The first was too dark so that was $10 Down the drain. And the one that matched me better I just felt like it didn't cover my blemishes, and that's kind of the point of foundation... I feel like I didn't really like the formula either. All in all, I just wasn't too crazy about this product.
Shanna C.
Weaverville, NC
I know, I know, it's harsh title, but It's the TRUTH! I tried this last year, and it does not color match or blend. I happen to need a heavier foundation. I have some blemishes and some moderate scarring. This is more along the lines of a tinted moisturizer, and it won't stay on your face long. Expect to have to re-apply through out the day to keep covered. Oh, not to mention that this product caused my face to have a MAJOR break out! EWW! I would only recommend this product to someone who really doesn't need anything, but the bare minimum of coverage, and that's pushing it. I would have expected more out of Almay, I love a lot of there products, but this one, disappoints.
Heather K.
Houston
Though I'm partial to another brand I do like the coverage of this drug store product. This is a great drug store brand for price. Doesn't feel too wet or too dry.
Kimber L.
I bought this after watching several YouTuber's raving about it. It is horrible! It reminds me of latex paint! I could not wash it off fast enough. It is going back to CVS tomorrow!!!
Jessica S.
Wallington , NJ
I have used this product a few times, because finding my shade is virtually effortless. I never have to worry about my color being orange, or too light or too dark. The makeup comes out white and can look intimidating, but be patient when applying it and wait for it to settle a little before applying more.

The formula blends well and sits lightly on the skin. There is no greasy feeling after you apply it however I think that it might be too light for someone with oily skin.

It doesn't provide a lot of coverage, so don't expect it to cover blemishes or red spots well.

Overall, I have been fully satisfied using this product and have recommended it to numerous people already.
Kim v.
New Bedford, MA
I have to say I was a little disappointed. it was not a bad product and that's not saying that I would never use it again I'm not sure why it didn't go in the drawer of my favorites even the eye shadows and I'm not real sure I think maybe I am drawn away from Hell me because of the limit on their colors away shadows and this was over a year ago so they might have gotten more stuff in by now those things and I love by My and I buy all the time is our makeup wipes they are amazing I love that I go through a different kinds of makeup wipes but that's not what this reviews about it's about the foundation but at any rate I'm not one of my favorites not to say I would not buy it again
Raleigh L.
Burbank, CA
This product works really well for me, but I don't need a lot of heavy coverage. It's a light, natural base color that works as a foundation while still allowing my freckles to show through. The "skin matching" make-up blends well and works to even out your skin tone, but you have to make sure you get the right shade. The "100 Light Pale" won't look good if you have tanner skin, and vice-versa. Basically, this will work for you if you're looking for a light, liquid-based foundation, but don't need a thicker concealer.
Joy N.
West Dennis, MA
Unless you are looking for the Bride of Frankenstein Meets Ashy Larry look or the mortician special "I just got run over by a car nos hook me up with a makeover ," then you seriously must look else where for a foundation that is full coverage. I don't know but the whole Almay line clearly is not marketed for people of color or people with olive and tan complexions. Even my fair skinned counterparts agree that the colors come across as ashy and dull. The matte look may look great on photographs but not on your face. My tip is go outside and actually test the color palette on actual skin. It has a dry look reminiscent of mortician makeup. Sorry I will pass.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.