BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Christina S.
Pace, FL
This foundation is just okay. It's not my favorite by any means. I have oily skin and this makes me a little more dewy than what I like, but would be great for people with dry skin. It looks very natural and acts more like a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation. Visit my blog at christinaschiccorner.com to read my full, detailed review I posted about it along with swatches of each shade.
Melissa S.
Southbury, CT
I was excited to try this since I have a really hard time finding a shade to match my skin tone. I have red hair, fair skin and freckles, but I also have a lot of redness and uneven skin tone from acne. I thought it was cool that the liquid is white and you can sort of see little color beads within it, BUT upon applying it to my face, it just turned an unnatural orange-y color. It was too dark a shade for me, even though I chose the light shade. Overall I was not happy with the results and would not repurchase.
Melissa L.
Dayton, NV
This is the only brand of drug store foundation I've found to accurately match my tawny skin tone. I'm ethnically mixed and my skin tone reflects that depending on the time of year and my sun exposure. My skin tone ranges from a bronze to pale, but I always have yellowy undertones. I've found that most drugstore makeup brands don't cater to women of color, which is disappointing. But Almay's smart shade blends well into my skin, provides enough coverage of blemishes without leaving me feeling like a geisha with caked on makeup, and doesn't slough or melt off my face throughout the day.
Courtney C.
Deposit, NY
This foundation is okay. I've used better and I've used worse. It leaves kind of a sticky feeling to your skin after application. I find that it is too expensive, especially because the quality isn't as great as it should be. It doesn't have great coverage either. I've definitely used better. This is kind of just like a film on your skin. It doesn't mix and blend well with other products and it doesn't adjust to your skin tone. It is very lightweight though, and it feels like you don't have any makeup on at all, unless you feel your face with your hands, then you'll feel the stickiness.
Sara D.
Canal Wnchstr, OH
I am torn on this product. I really love the way it goes on, blends, and absolutely matches my skin tone. I hate that it dries out quickly and will cake around blemishes or dry spots pretty badly. I have used this with my moisturizer to attempt to even it out once this happens and the color gets a little funky. I will use this until it is gone because on my not-so-dry days it is perfect but I probably won't repurchase. If you don't have dry or acne prone skin, this might be the right product for you!
Crystal D.
Avon, IN
At first when I bought this product, I really loved it. It applied easily and went on very smooth. But, after about a month, I noticed the liquid would turn black when applied to my face. I would get black streaks all over. I washed my hands and the lid and re-applied, but I continued to have that problem. It was really strange. I wont buy this product again simply because I don't want to throw most of it away after a month.
Lynn F.
Bridgeview, IL
I have used this foundation in the past. I was pleasantly surprised when it actually matched my skin. I tried it because my dermatologist recommended the brand because it's so lightweight. I really like the texture of the product. It was smooth and lightweight on my skin. One thing I found, however, was that it did not last very long. I use a high end primer and my makeup always sticks to it, but this product did not. If you are wearing it out for an hour it's great, but if you are doing your makeup for work not so much.
Hannah L.
Bothell, WA
Heard about this product from Youtube guru Tati Westbrook. If you are looking for something that matches your skin tone PERFECTLY and makes it look like you're not wearing makeup but have amazing skin, this is the product for you. I use the shade light and it is so easy to apply (just use your hands, apply like lotion, or use a sponge or brush). I really really enjoy this for days when I don't feel like putting on primer, foundation, setting powder, concealer, etc. but still want to look presentable
Janna H.
Elizabeth, WV
I love the matte finish I get with this. I can only use this during the summer, though, because it dries my skin out during the winter. It blends pretty good, but only has sheer/light coverage. I don't reach for this when I have breakouts, because it doesn't provide enough coverage. The biggest problem with it I would say is it doesn't have enough shades. For darker skinned people, they wouldn't be able to find one to match them due to all their shades being light. I don't have that problem because my skin is so fair. Bottom line, good foundation, bad selection of colors.
Marisol A.
Pico Rivera, CA
I have #sensitive skin and this DID NOT BOTHER MY SKIN I got no break outs NOTHING! Great coverage! It's a #matte finish which I love and a little goes a long way, found that the more product you use the lighter it gets sooooooo don't use a lot unless your Casper...jk
It does show up white in the beginning and when I say white I literally mean white! The product just leads time to oxidize!
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.