Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup uploaded by Mariana O.Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup uploaded by Mariana O.Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup uploaded by mayra a.See all 50 photos
7 colors available

BY ALMAY

• Does it really blend as nice and natu...Yes! its my go to foundation! 14 Answers
  • How well does this work? Does it actu...Yes and no. from how it looks... 2 Answers
  • Very good I loveLove this 1 Answers
Photos (50)
Julia W.
Julia W.
Corp Christi, TX
I really liked it at first, but after some time, it started turning my skin orange. Not blending!
Rayah M.
Rayah M.
New City, NY
Matched skin well but not a good texture. Not matte or dewy finish.
alecia b.
alecia b.
Clarkston, MI
I like this brand but this perticklur kind makes my face feel a little oily I love the way it blends in and hides my blemishes
Jenna V.
Jenna V.
Portland, ME
I purchased Almay Smart Shade Foundation in Medium after reading a number of reviews of a different Almay foundation product. I ran out of my Clinique foundation and I was looking for something more affordable and usable for summer days when my skin gets tanned and brown. I definitely agree that their shades run dark so beware you may want to buy a shade lighter than you're used to.

While the color shade quality is not perfect, it's not horrible for me either. I get very brown in the summer, so this actually gives me more color where my face isn't tanned. I always use this product with a moisturizer with SPF so I can blend the product to the shade I need. I always shake the bottle, even squeeze it around, before opening. The pigment can settle if you don't use the product for a while, so its important to mix it so you don't get too much dark pigment to work with.

This even though this foundation is liquid, it doesn't make my face feel overly caked. When I happen to sweat, it doesn't feel like it's running down my face. This is not a foundation I would use for special events or a night on the town, but I'll definitely use it when I go to the beach, go to work, or run around with errands.
Sharmin M.
Sharmin M.
Hernando, MS
My oldest daughter recommended Smart Shade, so I decided to give it a try. That was five bottles ago and I don't see a different foundation in my future. It blends really well and provides good coverage without being heavy.
Katee L.
Katee L.
Bremerton, WA
It didn't really match my skin perfectly and it made my skin feel oily. Also I felt like the tube was a little small for what I was paying for. Especially since this is supposed to be for all over coverage
Jenn M.
Jenn M.
I love the idea of this foundation. I'm ivory skinned and the lightest shade was too dark. The coverage isn't that good
Chelsea H.
Chelsea H.
The first time I used this it seemed to work okay. Although being a porcelain skin color, it did not blend to my tone as well as I would have liked it too.
Jamie C.
Jamie C.
Odenton, MD
I am always looking for a barely there foundation. Almay products are always gentle on my face and for that reason, I was willing to take the risk of a new product. Though I love the lightweight feel once it is applied, however, the yellow ring around my jaw line doesn't make the cut. Sorry Almay... on to the next....
Tanya B.
Tanya B.
Fulton, NY
It turned my face into a white pasty mess...did not like and I am fair skin toned and was just not good almost ashy looking on me.
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.