Add a Photo

#404 in Liquid Foundation
Photos (50)
Rebekah W.
Rebekah W.

I like the idea of this but its too sheer for me. It sort of matches my skin but its to yellow. and it does not cover much.
Jenna S.
Jenna S.
Iowa City, IA

I personally love this product. I have a problem with oily skin and this foundation has never caused that problem to get worse like most makeups. There are some downsides if you're looking for a concealer type foundation. This works great for blending with your skin but look elsewhere if you're looking to cover up flaws. I use this mainly on my nose and around my eyes. It works great as a primer for my eyeshadow without feeling too heavy.
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Arroyo Grande, CA

I found this on clearance at Target and decided to give it a try. The Smart Shade... "technology" is an interesting one because every once in awhile when I'm blending it in to my skin I do find darker streaks coming through. I wish I knew how the Smart Shade aspect worked.

I also use Maybelline's BB cream and a foundation from Sonia Kashuk and Almay is the only stuff that lasts all day long. I give it props for that.

I use this in conjunction with their concealer and the coverage is good enough for me but I'm not looking for something that appears photoshopped.

Note that all Target had at the time was the lightest shade. Had there been more options I would have gone up a shade but the lightest shade seems to be a good match for me.
Stephanie Z.
Stephanie Z.
Mountain View, CA

I started using the Almay smart shade when one of my other foundations started making me break out and I needed a change. This foundation is really cool, it starts out white and then blends in to your skin tone. It provides surprisingly good coverage, enough for what I need.
Kayla H.
Kayla H.
Bay Minette, AL

If are not looking for a full coverage foundation, this would be perfect. It goes on smooth and light, feels more like a moisturizer than a foundation. I love the product, just wish it had a little more coverage.
Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.
Punta Gorda, FL

There isn't one liquid foundation that I have found that works amazing. Powder found.ation is better
Danielle J.
Danielle J.
Glasgow, KY

I love this foundation. It isn't heavy and still gives me great coverage. I've been using it for a couple of years now and am still very happy with it.
Alyssa T.
Alyssa T.
Riverton, UT

I bought this product because I thought it sounded so cool and thought it would make my life easier since I can never seem to find a foundation match that I like, however I was sadly disappointed with the Almay Smart Shade Foundation because it did not live up to its name. When I put this on I expected the shade to adjust to my skin in a few minutes, but after waiting It really just looked like I hadn't put anything on. I did not feel there was adequate coverage for areas like minor acne scarring, which was unfortunate. The texture did not feel bad, which was a plus for this product, however I would not repurchase this for myself because it did not do what I needed it to. If you have pretty flawless skin and are just looking to even it out a bit or are just getting started with makeup this may work for you, but I do think that you can find similar products that will work a bit better. Sorry Almay. :(
Jordan A.
Jordan A.
Tucson, AZ

I do like this makeup, it is very smooth and does blend in to your skin well. For me, however it tends to set orange on my face. If you're very fair, I would advise to not use.
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Sioux falls, Sd

Does not match unless you have mustard colored skin... Terrible! Had to wash it off and start over with a normal foundation.
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT

Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA

Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA

Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.

Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.