BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Molly P.
Lynchburg, VA
I really enjoy Almay Smart Shade Skintone Matching Makeup. It is the only makeup I have found that fits so naturally with my skintone and helps with my oily skin. I wish I had a little more coverage for redness and pores but overall, I love the lightweight on my skin. Highly recommended!
Donna C.
Was not great coverage and even the lightest shade was too dark for my skin tone.
Lauren J.
Edinburg, TX
I was really disappointed by this product. I hoped that the smart shade would actually work. It kind of did, but ladies you can do better than this. When I put it on it matched my face but not well enough the makeup line was still obvious. The smart shade technology is alluring, but ultimately not worth it.
Joanna C.
Gleason, TN
I was excited to try this foundation, but found it pretty time consuming and messy. I had trouble getting the beads to pop and blend. I couldn't apply it directly to my face, I had to pour it first,to mix it, otherwise it made a mess on my face when directly applied. Too much trouble to apply.
Kieana S.
Fresno, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I tried it & fell in love the first time. But the second time around (& a few times at the lake where i got a little tan) turns out it wasn't the "perfect blend" i guess i just need to try a different shade or a different product.
Katherine K.
Fruit Heights, ut
This is a very confused foundation. I put it on my skin, and it changed colors a bit before settling on a very pale orange. It provided absolutely no coverage and left an oily finish.
Nicole M.
Wheatley Hts , NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I purchased this product because the technology in it sounded great. And while it is an ok product the limited shades makes it a no go got me. I got the darkest shade but it left my face gray and dull, so instead of returning it I used it as a primer. Great idea but not well executed therefore I will not buy again.
Shannon M.
Apex, NC
It did what is promised it did kinda change to match my skin tone. But it has these black spots that rub on your skin that ruins your makeup. It smears all over and you can't get the dark spot off. But being a very pale girl, it was a little dark.
Catherine P.
Hutto, TX
I have a very hard skin color to match, very light olive - not medium, and this foundation does an excellent job of matching it. However, I find I prefer the texture after mixing with a moisturizer, and at that point, it's easier for me to just buy a tinted moisturizer. I prefer a light coverage, and this one is more medium. It makes my face look too flat for my taste. Also, it dries relatively fast and is hard to move once dried. I would suggest this if you have normal skin (not too oily or dry).
Jennifer S.
Sallisaw, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was not impressed with this. It didn't match my skin tone at all. Felt greasy on me. Wouldn't buy again.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.