BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Frances M.
San Fernando, CA
I've been using this for about a year now and I love it. It's great for a splash of color and light coverage on your skin. It doesn't feel heavy or sticky on your skin which is fantastic. I use this product on days I'm feeling too tired to do all my make up and just want to give my skin a little pick me up. The only con is that it doesn't always match to your skin, sometimes it comes out a little orange. I guess of depends on the lighting. Another thing, if you have oily skin like myself I recommend wearing it with a primer.
ashlee h.
Silverton, OH
Light cream that's very easy to blend in. Absorbed into my skin quickly. My face looked fresh and I was asked what I had been using by a friend. I ordered mine from Amazon. It lasted all day and into a night party. I would highly recommend this product! I don't like using creams most often but got this as a sample in the mail and then I was hooked and placed my order right away.
Stacey M.
Gaylord, MI
I have used this product quite a few times and though I like it, I think it doesn't completely match my skin tone. I have used the light and medium and neither one really comes that close to matching my skin tone. The only thing that seems to work it using this with my tinted moisturizer and then it will match up with my skin better.
I like that is a light coverage that seems to last on me for quite sometime if I set it with the Alma powder.
Overall, it is okay but I don't think it has the great shade-sensing technology that matches your skin.
Nicole S.
Patterson, NY
I've been using this product for years! I'll start off by saying that I have very oily skin and am prone to blackheads and breakouts. Not only does this never bother my skin, but it doesn't pool up on my forehead and nose halfway through the day... Regardless of if I use a finishing powder or not.
This is not heavy enough to use for a big night out, but for a simple daytime base it works wonders to even out my skin tone. It's very easily blended and magically adjusts to my pale, freckled skin. If you're all for a morning make up routine that takes less than 10 minutes this product is a must have!
Christina S.
Pace, FL
This foundation is just okay. It's not my favorite by any means. I have oily skin and this makes me a little more dewy than what I like, but would be great for people with dry skin. It looks very natural and acts more like a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation. Visit my blog at christinaschiccorner.com to read my full, detailed review I posted about it along with swatches of each shade.
Melissa L.
Dayton, NV
This is the only brand of drug store foundation I've found to accurately match my tawny skin tone. I'm ethnically mixed and my skin tone reflects that depending on the time of year and my sun exposure. My skin tone ranges from a bronze to pale, but I always have yellowy undertones. I've found that most drugstore makeup brands don't cater to women of color, which is disappointing. But Almay's smart shade blends well into my skin, provides enough coverage of blemishes without leaving me feeling like a geisha with caked on makeup, and doesn't slough or melt off my face throughout the day.
Courtney C.
Deposit, NY
This foundation is okay. I've used better and I've used worse. It leaves kind of a sticky feeling to your skin after application. I find that it is too expensive, especially because the quality isn't as great as it should be. It doesn't have great coverage either. I've definitely used better. This is kind of just like a film on your skin. It doesn't mix and blend well with other products and it doesn't adjust to your skin tone. It is very lightweight though, and it feels like you don't have any makeup on at all, unless you feel your face with your hands, then you'll feel the stickiness.
Melissa S.
Southbury, CT
I was excited to try this since I have a really hard time finding a shade to match my skin tone. I have red hair, fair skin and freckles, but I also have a lot of redness and uneven skin tone from acne. I thought it was cool that the liquid is white and you can sort of see little color beads within it, BUT upon applying it to my face, it just turned an unnatural orange-y color. It was too dark a shade for me, even though I chose the light shade. Overall I was not happy with the results and would not repurchase.
Hannah L.
Bothell, WA
Heard about this product from Youtube guru Tati Westbrook. If you are looking for something that matches your skin tone PERFECTLY and makes it look like you're not wearing makeup but have amazing skin, this is the product for you. I use the shade light and it is so easy to apply (just use your hands, apply like lotion, or use a sponge or brush). I really really enjoy this for days when I don't feel like putting on primer, foundation, setting powder, concealer, etc. but still want to look presentable
Lynn F.
Bridgeview, IL
I have used this foundation in the past. I was pleasantly surprised when it actually matched my skin. I tried it because my dermatologist recommended the brand because it's so lightweight. I really like the texture of the product. It was smooth and lightweight on my skin. One thing I found, however, was that it did not last very long. I use a high end primer and my makeup always sticks to it, but this product did not. If you are wearing it out for an hour it's great, but if you are doing your makeup for work not so much.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.