BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Shanna C.
Weaverville, NC
I know, I know, it's harsh title, but It's the TRUTH! I tried this last year, and it does not color match or blend. I happen to need a heavier foundation. I have some blemishes and some moderate scarring. This is more along the lines of a tinted moisturizer, and it won't stay on your face long. Expect to have to re-apply through out the day to keep covered. Oh, not to mention that this product caused my face to have a MAJOR break out! EWW! I would only recommend this product to someone who really doesn't need anything, but the bare minimum of coverage, and that's pushing it. I would have expected more out of Almay, I love a lot of there products, but this one, disappoints.
Candice H.
Tuscaloosa, AL
I bought this thinking it would do wonders on my face. I was expecting spots and blemishes to be covered. Once put on it made my face look very pale and the spots to stand out more. I heard great reviews of it and went darker and the results were even worse. It may be great for some but I was in no way pleased I even tried spot treatment and it made things worse.
Angel G.
Arcata, CA
I got this product in the lightest shade and it was very orage and too dark on my skin. I'm not that pale. I tried mixing it with lotion to lighten it up but it wouldn't blend. I was very disappointed because Almay products I've tried in the past were great.
Samantha M.
Aurora, CO
I am not a big drug store brand cosmetics gal. Now, I used to use this product. No the coverage is VERY light but it does match to the skin tones. It was a nice light summer foundation for when it's hot and dry outside but you're looking for some evenness in your skin. It's easy to apply and it does last all day.
Maria W.
Arlington, VA
The "one shade fits all" tagline seemed to be off when it comes to this foundation. Although it does somewhat blend, the color is a lot lighter than anticipated. It almost seems more like a lotion rather than foundation.
Erica R.
I found this on clearance at Target for 3.48$ so I picked it up, bc I am forever searching for the perfect foundation. This is definitely not it. I got the lightest shade and it was still too dark for me. I have light skin with neutral undertones and this foundation was very orange on me. Also, it provides no coverage at all. I tried to build up some sort of coverage and it just didn't work. I have used two other Almay foundations (Truly Lasting Color and Clear Complexion Makeup) and they were wonderful - a tad on the orange side but mixed with a white primer they end up looking great and covering well. But as for the Smart Shade foundation, I did not like it and would not use or purchase again.
Rachael R.
Spring Hill, TN
I bought this from a discounted place once because I just wanted to try it. It was awful. I am pretty pale (by choice) and I want something that is going to keep my porcelain complexion, but leave a good foundation for blush, contour, etc. This stuff did not go on smoothly and it left a weird shimmer? No thank you.
Kylie S.
San Diego, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have used the Smart shade a couple of times. While it works I just feel it's overpriced. The tubes are small and pricey. The thing I hated about it was at the end of the tube the foundation turned dark, and didn't match my face tone anymore!
Kamaryn G.
I love this foundation 100%.
Jenna C.
Somerville, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really liked this product, althought i thought it was very expensive for an almay product
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.