Add a Photo

#341 in Liquid Foundation

Photos (50)
Karen V.
Karen V.

Almay Smart Shade Foundation is definitely light coverage and depending on what you're looking for it may not be the right one for you.

It's not great for tackling acne spots or other problem areas. However it does eliminate redness in the skin and overall evens out skin tone.

There are color beads within the foundation that blend out to find your "perfect" shade. Although this seems like a smart idea it does however leave a gray cast on my skin.

Overall this foundation leaves a matte finish, I would not recommend it to those who are looking for medium to full coverage because you will not achieve it with this foundation.

Very light, and not at all thick or heavy feeling. It does not feel like a mask on your face, the packaging is sanitary and allows easy use.
Ruz R.
Ruz R.
Yauco, PR

The consistency of this is really smooth and feels really good on the skin. It comes in only four shades: Light, Light/Medium, Medium and Medium Dark. I had to blend it a bit with my foundation to get a match, so that was a bummer for me, But it did feel light and it also has antioxidant which is good for the skin. :)
Chelsea B.
Chelsea B.
Philadelphia, PA

I think I have a pretty basic skin tone, so maybe that's why this matched so well, but it did. I'm only giving it a C because I feel like the advertising promised a little more than the user got.
Kaitlyn M.
Kaitlyn M.
Warren, MI

While it matches easily & fairly well, it is very low-coverage. If you suffer from acne, blemishes, or any other skin condition, I would go with something that has more full-coverage. Other than that, it's a good product.
Great for summertime when you don't want to be caking a lot of makeup on your face!
Nikki H.
Nikki H.
Spring Hill, FL

Not a big fan here. The makeup is definitely oily, sometimes oil comes out before the makeup does and I can feel the oil as I rub it in. It also doesn't cover that good compared to others.
Treasure D.
Treasure D.
Arlington, tx

I brought this thinking it would be great but it made me brakeout so bad
Telia F.
Telia F.
eagle point, or

The product works...if you use too much, it will obviously get darker, but if you don't use enough, its spotty coverage. use with sponge or brush not fingers
Amber R.
Amber R.
Fayetteville, AR

Even with my fair skin, I can't manage to not get a visible nasty makeup line.
Tiffini B.
Tiffini B.
Crawfordsvlle, IN

I bought this stuff in the concealer and I'm super glad i didn't end up buying the actual foundation, the concealer does a pretty good job overall but i cant imagine what the foundation would have been like! I'd say 7/10 for the concealer.
Crystal L.
Crystal L.
Kingston

I have a medium skin tone and obviously I chose the shade medium. It was way too dark and it did not adjust to my skin tone at all. It was dark and watery, even when I tried shaking it up before use. It would have been good coverage if the consistency wasn't terrible.
Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT

Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Dani R.
Lomita, CA

Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA

Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Ta'Kira L.

Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.