BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Alison W.
Bedford, IN
I actually really like this product, I have purchased it a few times. I have a hard time finding a good foundation for my skin, and have even tried the Nars foundation everyone raved about and did not like the way it looked on my skin. This evens out my tone without being too much coverage( my freckles can still be seen). I will say by the end of the day it does wear off some in my oily areas, but a little touch up after working all day I feel is normal. I also wear a translucent powder over it to help set it. A big issue I have is under my eyes. A lot of foundation gets a cake look or does not cover at all. This product does neither, although it does wear some by the end of the day I am pleased with the look I get when applying it with a brush.
Samantha H.
Tallahassee, FL
Maybe this foundation is just too smart for my dumb skin... or more likely it just doesn't work. Most anyone can rock a minimal coverage foundation that's at least close to their skin tone. I always have to get the lightest possible shade. The lightest shade of this looked like a crazy, cakey, muddy orange spray tan, even with the most minimal application. How this product manages to fail so bizarrely on all its claims is beyond me. It sits on top of the skin without soaking in, feels greasy but drying at the same time... I really regretted trying this.
Ashlee G.
Crawfordsvlle, IN
I'm horrible at finding the right foundation shade...so I picked this up as a kind of last resort. I was so surprised that I actually loved it. I have never had a foundation that matched my skin so perfectly. It covers well, though if you have any breakouts you'll probably need a concealer. It typically doesn't feel heavy or oily and as long as you shake it well I think you'll have no trouble with the color.

It is a bit runny, so be careful when squeezing it out of the tube!
Lisa V.
For the price, I probably wouldn't buy this foundation again. I have a hard time finding my shade of foundation with drug store makeup. Everything is either too dark or too light. I can't seem to find "my shade". So I bought this in hopes of having that problem go away. I have pretty light skin when it's not summer, and so I bought this in a lighter shade. However, it still seemed to be a little too dark. I'm saving it for when it's summer and I (hopefully) become a little more tan. So all in all, it is a pretty cool idea, but I'd say the accuracy of it isn't that good. It didn't impress me, and I don't think I would recommend it.
Anastasia L.
Tried this a few years back before I knew about makeup and how to find a proper color match, so this color adjusting stuff intrigued me. But this? Didn't adjust to my skin tone at all and left a gray cast to my face. Who wants to look ashy?! Plus the coverage was dead awful.
Best thing about this product? Well, I was in the hospital a little while after I bought it and in there, we weren't allowed to use makeup. I was very insecure about my dark spots (still am) and got my mother to bring me a foundation on a visit when she was bringing me some toiletries. She picked out this one, but accidentally handed it to the people at the desk with the rest of my stuff (they check everything in and put stickers on it) and they marked it as medicine! The lack of decent coverage was great in that instance because it didn't look like I was wearing makeup but still minimized the problem. So thanks, Almay, for making it look like a medicine bottle!
Virginia A.
Hialeah, FL
I absolutely love this foundation. It has a great finish and sheer nice coverage that makes your skin look refreshed. Although the coverage is not intense it does make the skin look healthier and nicer but natural. It is also very amuzing because of how it turns from a white liquid to the actual color of your skin. Not only that but the fact that it has spf makes it perfect for going out and having fun outside because it stays put very well. Ive even worn it when I go out to the beach or pool.
Jessica H.
Montebello , CA
So I don't really use a heavy coverage foundation. I more of a tinted moisterizer kinda girl, however I decided to try it for some reason. Now first I tried a little on my cheek and and it seemed a little light but I figured I used to much and didn't blend it well. So when I went to use it I did my normal rountine. I put on my moistizer and did my eye makeup then I put on the foundation, now I don't know if I got a bad batch or what but after 2 minutes it started to burn my face I had to wash my face. My face very sensitive for about a week I could not wear any makeup. I took it back and I will not be buying ever again
Skyla O.
Parkersburg, WV
I tried this foundation back when I was in high school. I was pretty excited to try it because of all of the hype, but was disappointed the first time that I used it. It doesn't have much coverage and I was very used to full coverage foundation. I decided to keep using it anyway and discovered that I actually really liked it. Somehow with the lack of coverage it made my skin look really nice. It also looked very natural and was buildable without looking cakey. It doesn't cover dark circles or blemishes very well, but I just used a concealer for that. I have very fair skin and this actually worked for me.
Meagan D.
Orange, CA
This foundation was good at keeping things looking together if you don't have much to cover. Very sheer coverage but still very greasy in my opinion. I really liked it at first since it's kind of cool to see it match to your skin, but it oxidizes and it oxidizes BAD. I didn't realize until I was out that the edges of my face had turned orange and you could CLEARLY see where the foundation stopped. I'll use this bottle up but would not repurchase.
Erica R.
I found this on clearance at Target for 3.48$ so I picked it up, bc I am forever searching for the perfect foundation. This is definitely not it. I got the lightest shade and it was still too dark for me. I have light skin with neutral undertones and this foundation was very orange on me. Also, it provides no coverage at all. I tried to build up some sort of coverage and it just didn't work. I have used two other Almay foundations (Truly Lasting Color and Clear Complexion Makeup) and they were wonderful - a tad on the orange side but mixed with a white primer they end up looking great and covering well. But as for the Smart Shade foundation, I did not like it and would not use or purchase again.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.