BY ALMAY

Available In 6 Skintone-adjusting Shades

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Molly H.
Almay's smart shade makeup is a bit strange because the actual liquid inside starts off white. This made me a little nervous when first using it. This product has never failed me, however! Smart Shade really does the trick, perfect skin tone!
Tulika B.
E BRUNSWICK
This is one of the first foundations that i bought when i decided to start perfecting my skin. I think it's fool proof because it turns exactly to the shade of your skin when you rub it in. Its a grey tone with some beads at first, but melts into the skin like it's a part of it. I think it's a great if your starting out with foundations
Kim L.
Palm Coast, FL
Not the worst foundation I've ever tried but also nowhere near the best. The lightest shade was too light and the next shade up was too dark. I always have this problem so I thought the smart shade would be my answer. It wasn't. I wont buy again.
Demi B.
I love this Almay Smart Shade Foundation! I've been using it since the summer and it is absolutely perfect! I'm only in high school and sometimes I'll mix it with sun screen for even a lighter coverage! :)
Mariah D.
Agoura Hills, CA
When I first bought this i was disappointed with the coverage. After a while though i have found myself using it all the time as a moisturizer/sunscreen. Great for a natural look, or add power over it for better coverage and all the benefits!
Garyondris R.
First "foundation". Not good for oily skin and the coverage is poor. Oxidizes way too fast and the color selection kind of sucks for darker skins. I will say that it might be good for those summer days when you don't feel like putting a mask on, it does cover up redness okay and if you're normal or dry skinned I bet it would be perfect :)
Sarah M.
Mesa, AZ
I love this foundation for its perfect color matching technology! It is a bit sheer so if you need a foundation that is more on the full coverage side I would skip this one unless you have an amazing concealer that you can add on top of the Almay foundation. But for those who want a light coverage and a dewy finish. This one is perfect!
Jamie L.
Stockton, CA
This product is awesome. It does exactly what it says it does: it's a smart shade! When it's first squeezed, it has little to no color at all but once it's smooth on the skin, it adjusts to the skin color. It finishes matte and blends easily.
Cathy J.
Wentzville, MO
I like that it is easy to find your match. I don't usually wear foundation but when I do it's hard to find my perfect match. This product makes it easy. I like that it doesn't feel heavy. It does make my face break out though. Most foundations do which is why I do t wear them but this one in particular breaks my face out pretty bad.
Ashley E.
Whitesburg, KY
This product made my skin look yellow. I don't normally have trouble finding drug store products to match my skin tone. I thought this product would work great. I was not impressed. I would not repurchase.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.