BY ALMAY

• How well does this work? Does it actually match to your skin tone? 2 Answers
  • Very good I love1 Answers
Brianna M.
Simi Valley, CA
It did nothing for my skin, and it broke me out.
kenzi m.
Boulder Creek, CA
I am a make up critique when it comes to my skin, and I would rather wear none at all than have an oily base on my face. I tried this on a whim while lurking my sister's make up drawer and actually really liked it.

Drawback is I only use it for my cover up spots because it doesn't completely blend in, I even had a light shade with my tan face and it still came out somewhat orange.

I also recommend blending it with your fingers rather than a sponge, it looks ten times more natural that way.
Yashica P.
Eastlake, OH
I like the way it makes my skin looks
Karissa B.
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Though it's light, and matches my completion, May not be all that great for someone with blemishes to hide. Definitely doesn't cover anything at all.
Ashley E.
Boulder, CO
I got this makeup because I was tired of trying to match my shade and thought this would do it all by itself...I was disappointed. This make up doesn't cover all that well and seemed like one flat tone which didn't blend with my skin at all.
Kimberly T.
Honolulu, HI
When first getting this product it was ok, didn't blend completely to my right shade but after adding a luminizing bronzer it was perfect. After only a month of having it the cream turned dark and it stained parts of my face.
Andrea S.
Winter Harbor, ME
This is a great product, and one of my favorite foundations.
However, the advertisements for this product suggest that this product blends to the shade of your skin. This is a bit of exaggeration.
For me, I use it more as a tinted moisturizer than a foundation.
Melissa S.
Spokane, WA
I bought this to use over the summer, thinking a light foundation or tinted moisturizer is what I needed for the hot summer months. Wrong! This provided pretty much zero coverage and was super greasy looking on my skin. Also, I tried two different shades (the only ones close to my skin tone) and both were very orange looking. Definitely will not be trying again. If you have oily skin stay away from this product or you will be very shiny!
Andrea E.
Gardena, CA
I don't understand why they only have four different shades. I'm pretty light and I still can't use any of their liquid makeup. It's 2012 get it together Almay :(
Laura (Katie) H.
Norfolk, VA
This stuff is just alright...but actually wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. When I heard the term "smart shade," and then saw how it applied, I thought it would be god awful and would never buy it. But, surprisingly, I went to borrow a certain lipstick from my mom the other day (all she wears is reds...she literally has every shade), and I saw THIS in her makeup box! Now, yes, she is my mom, but my mom actually has surprisingly high expectations when it comes to makeup. She uses products like Dior, Chanel, and a lot of Clinique, so she's not just gonna go buy something at the drugstore and hope it works. She bought it, tried it, and for her, it worked! It didin't cover every flaw, but it did give her a light foundation she could wear. The whole deal with smart shade though...it doesn't change color to adjust to your skin. All it does it melt into your skin from a white, finely grained consistency to a transparent-type consistency. It's not an awful product, from my experience with it, but I definitely wouldn't use it on a regular basis or buy it again, since I have more acne scars and sunspots (and generally more sensitive skin) than my mother. Overall, eh. Maybe a C+.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Dani R.
Lomita, CA
Whats your shade?
Ariel G.
Sharon, MA
Is this any good? I am pale.
Ta'Kira L.
Do they have darker colors?
Kacee H.