Kacee H.
Kacee H.
Goodyear, AZ
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Feb. 22, 2017, 12:30 a.m.
It works well for me for a while and I do enjoy using this product. But if you have oily skin it might not be your number one choice. I have normal to oily skin and after a while I do end up getting shiny but not as shiny as I have with other foundations.
Allison F.
Allison F.
July 4, 2013, 11:52 p.m.
Very oily! For me my t-zone is oily under a hour and I find myself blotting like crazy!
Shannon B.
Shannon B.
July 2, 2013, 3:49 p.m.
Skip it. Theres better options. I personally don't think it works. The formula is awful.
Keeley P.
Keeley P.
May 30, 2013, 4:26 p.m.
I think the major factor that makes this more or less effective is the skin type, not the color of the person using it. It does change color but if you're oily, you're still going to be oily after you use this.
Kaylie S.
Kaylie S.
May 17, 2013, 11:54 p.m.
It would depend on the climate were you live and your skin (oily, combination, dry, or sensitive)
Hannah Q.
Hannah Q.
May 17, 2013, 3:15 p.m.
I live in a humid area, and even with a setting powder this made my face melt and look really shiny.
Traci M.
Traci M.
May 5, 2013, 7:52 a.m.
The product for me, left marks and flaked off, it made my skin look like i was peeling, so it usually ended up coming off.
Stacy B.
Stacy B.
May 1, 2013, 10:03 p.m.
I found it to work really well. It blended nice with my skin tone and by the end of day I didn't have a crazy amount of shine.
Jenna B.
Jenna B.
April 14, 2013, 6:57 p.m.
You most definitely will end up shiny by the end of the day!!
Tabitha M.
Tabitha M.
April 11, 2013, 5:40 p.m.
This hasn't ever worked for me. I'd leave the house looking like I just rolled out of the bed (in makeup terms). I never noticed being shiny though.
Sabrina R.
Sabrina R.
April 1, 2013, 11:55 a.m.
It actually works really good for me. It gives a little tint of color but it blends in my natural skin to where it looks like my skin. I was sooooo amazed when I bought it and it lasts really long.
Nesreen S.
Nesreen S.
March 13, 2013, 4:46 p.m.
It wasn't oily for me at all, it made me look i had naturally perfect skin.
Casey B.
Casey B.
Feb. 14, 2013, 4:02 p.m.
I hated this foundation, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Nicole A.
Nicole A.
Feb. 11, 2013, 9:50 a.m.
I hate this stuff. It looks oily and doesn't blend well.
Andrea T.
Andrea T.
Feb. 9, 2013, 9:12 a.m.
I think it does not work or at least for me . But I may work for others
Michelle W.
Jan. 14, 2013, 12:06 p.m.
I've been using this product for almost 3 years. It's my go-to foundation. I have combination skin and it works really well to cover up my oily spots (has a matte finish) and also not dry up my dry spots more. I get a nice even finish with it.
Michelle W.
Jan. 14, 2013, 12:02 p.m.
Maggie V.
Dec. 30, 2012, 10:50 a.m.
It works really well and it does not leave shine but if you have a shine problem try using some with translucent powder after applying the foundation. that help tremendously and wont give you a cake look.
Maggie V.
Dec. 30, 2012, 10:50 a.m.
Dec. 28, 2012, 3:14 p.m.
That is what powder is for, they have powder
Dec. 28, 2012, 3:14 p.m.
That is what powder is for, they have powder
Alexxa Q.
Alexxa Q.
Dec. 26, 2012, 6:23 p.m.
I hated this! The "color match technology" is crap. And it doesn't give any coverage. So unless you have absolutely perfect, flawless skin, and don't need any coverage..you probably won't like this.
Influenster M.
Dec. 24, 2012, 11:46 a.m.
No,l this product stinks.
Dec. 20, 2012, 7:03 a.m.
I was unable to find a shade that matched my skin color. My skin is pretty fair in the winter, smart shade made me look orange
Tina B.
Tina B.
Dec. 19, 2012, 8:42 a.m.
If your skin is quite oily, this is not your product. The silicone like base causes it to feel and look oily if your natural oils are abundant. If you are only a little oily, a good dusting if powder before and after applying the Almay Smart Shade Makeup will take care of shine.
Rachel R.
Rachel R.
Dec. 18, 2012, 3:57 p.m.
I did not notice much of a shine, but also offers light coverage.
Samantha M.
Samantha M.
Dec. 13, 2012, 8:44 a.m.
If you have oily skin, which I do, it does need a powder over it that will defend against shine. It really depends on your skin and if you use a powder or not to set it.
Dani J.
Dani J.
Dec. 11, 2012, 1:15 p.m.
It does work, but it isn't for you if you are looking to cover acne and scars really well. it seems to rub off during they day and if your skin is oily like mine, it will make a little shine.
Rebecca Q.
Rebecca Q.
Dec. 10, 2012, 10:04 p.m.
It worked well for me. I had no issues with shine when using this.