Katie O.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Does this actually work? like does the color match to your skin?
Heather W.
Heather W.
Hendersonvlle, TN
1 year, 1 month ago
I do like this foundation, but it's not great for oily skin. Even with setting powder my t-zone was shiny after 2-3 hours. However, it's a great foundation if you have issues finding a color match. It goes on white, then adjusts to your skin tone. If you have dry or normal skin, I think this would be a great option. I hope this is helpful. Sincerely, Heather
1 year, 2 months ago
I usually go with medium toned shades but in this I have to use the light shade and it is still a little off, most deff. not a perfect match for me but I do like it.
Cathy J.
Cathy J.
Wentzville, MO
4 years, 1 month ago
I found it easy to match my skin. Which for me is pretty difficult because I'm so pale. It did blend easily. It doesn't not work well on red or dark patches. So if you have acne, freckles, or dark circles don't expect it to cover.
Allison F.
Allison F.
Ulen, MN
4 years, 2 months ago
It was a bit orange for me but not bad. I made it work with powder.
New Park, PA
4 years, 2 months ago
It didn't work for me, I've had better luck with matching foundations to my skin myself than with this product.
Juba J.
Juba J.
Moorhead, MN
NOT REALLY
Alexa L.
Alexa L.
Durham, NH
4 years, 2 months ago
No it makes you look pink
Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.
Mannington, WV
4 years, 2 months ago
It matched my skin tone.
Natalie S.
Natalie S.
Jacksonville, FL
4 years, 3 months ago
It does match to your skin color, however, it gets all smeary later on in the day and looks weird.
Emi S.
Emi S.
Eglin Afb, FL
Not very smart to me
Jessica I.
Jessica I.
Hartford City, IN
4 years, 3 months ago
It works very well for me!
Lynn F.
Lynn F.
Bridgeview, IL
4 years, 3 months ago
For me it did match perfectly, but it doesn't last very long on the face even with a good primer.
South Shore, KY
4 years, 3 months ago
No I hate this stuff it made my skin look orange.
Sydney H.
Sydney H.
Fairfield, CA
4 years, 3 months ago
No! don't buy this, its terrible!
Carly S.
Carly S.
Sussex, NJ
4 years, 3 months ago
No it doesn't match your skin "perfectly" like it says. It is orangey
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Plainfield, IL
4 years, 4 months ago
I'm starting to get some sun with the summer starting and it's great because it adapts to my changing shade
Dayana R.
Dayana R.
Dallas, TX
Nisansala K.
Nisansala K.
Pueblo, CO
4 years, 4 months ago
They have a limited number of shades so its more like a hit or miss. it would either match you great or it wont match at all! for my skin tone none of them matched :(
Anna A.
Anna A.
Riverside, CA
4 years, 4 months ago
It didn't work for me. Even the darkest shade was too light for me :/
Kaylie S.
Kaylie S.
Sanford, FL
4 years, 4 months ago
For me it does, but make sure not to mix it in your hand (mix directly on your face)
Anne S.
Anne S.
4 years, 4 months ago
No. Even the lightest shade was way too dark for me
Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.
El Centro, CA
4 years, 4 months ago
I've never had a problem matching my tone. I wear the light/medium tone and I love that it blends smoothly
Hannah T.
Hannah T.
Church Hill, TN
4 years, 4 months ago
Yes, but does not have good coverage..
Kristina S.
Kristina S.
Does not work for me
Erica V.
Erica V.
4 years, 4 months ago
I found that it tends to have a pinkish tint to it that makes it hard to match to my skin.
navneen k.
navneen k.
surrey
Foundation comes out white
Juana M.
Juana M.
4 years, 4 months ago
Only for light skin girls
Dominique K.
Dominique K.
San Francisco, CA
4 years, 4 months ago
The foundation comes out of the tube white and then adapts to your skin. I found that coverage was so sheer that it seems like it would adapt to any skin tone.
4 years, 4 months ago
It did for me in the winter...but it was really orange and just off when I tried it in the summer.
Alisha C.
Alisha C.
4 years, 4 months ago
It doesn't work the way it SAYS it does. It has a predetermined color in some tiny "beads" that are smashed open when you rub it. which can make it streaky or turn orange from the heat (oxidation).. So it literally doesn't change color to match your skin. Just like most drugstore BB creams, or tinted moisturizers.. this may or may not work for you.
Heather V.
Heather V.
Clinton, IA
4 years, 4 months ago
Not at all in my opinion
Adrian T.
Adrian T.
Spartanburg, SC
4 years, 5 months ago
Nope. more like a tinted moisturizer
Carin B.
Carin B.
BRISTOL
Sharon R.
Sharon R.
Merced, CA
4 years, 5 months ago
This product did work well for my skin. It was kind of weird because it comes out white but it turns the color of your skin. I liked it but I needed more coverage.
Stephanie W.
Stephanie W.
blakely, pa
4 years, 5 months ago
In my case ABSOLUTELY NOT!! I have a medium skin tone and bought the shade that was in my tone range however I encountered numerous issues such as: It did not want to blend at all, I had to work very hard to blend it and felt like it still left streaking, It didn't match my skin tone and left me looking washed out. I would not recommend this to anyone! I would go with Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream which I found blended perfectly and went on smoothly as well as felt like it was barely there :)
Liquid B.
Liquid B.
Belvidere, IL
4 years, 5 months ago
For me, it matched my skin tone very well, but on my skin it came out chalky. The coverage wasn't great either.
Kennedy H.
Kennedy H.
Bowie, TX
4 years, 5 months ago
This product does not do wonders for your makeup routine. It comes out white, and then when placed onto your skin, it turns an orange color. It does not seem to work! I didn't have any coverage when I applied it to my skin.
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
The village, OK
4 years, 5 months ago
The first person who answered this, answered perfectly. I bought this product once and never bought it again. I wasn't pleased with it
Julia M.
Julia M.
Bay City, MI
4 years, 5 months ago
I think it depends on the person and they're skin honestlyyy, but when I bought it it worked perfectly!
Lori W.
Lori W.
Pomona Park, FL
4 years, 5 months ago
Not really. It isn't something that matches your shade because it is hi tech it has color beads that release the color when applied.
lissa c.
lissa c.
4 years, 5 months ago
No in my opinion i don't think it works at all everyone ive seen that uses or used it, it didn't match their skin very well, and when i used it, it didn't work.
Samantha R.
Samantha R.
Monroeton, PA
4 years, 5 months ago
No. I feel it made me look silky. And a bit odd because of how pale and pink tinted the product is. Also, I don't feel the coverage was good enough to cover some of my acne. It didn't stay on for a long time either on my combination skin.
Allana D.
Allana D.
Vernon, Ct
4 years, 5 months ago
For me it didn't. It didn't darken and made me look pale.
Mary Ellen G.
Mary Ellen G.
Little Falls, NJ
4 years, 5 months ago
No. I have fair skin and the color looked streaky and awful. The beads in the makeup just give the illusion that it's working, but once it's all rubbed in it really doesn't look great.
Mechanicsville, IA
4 years, 6 months ago
I have red spots on my face it when I applied it, it only made it the wrong color and looked patchy and oily. If you have dry skin and a perfect completion it would probably work for you, but if not, I wouldn't spend the money.
Mechanicsville, IA
Megan R.
Megan R.
4 years, 6 months ago
I don't think it matches your skin. I think the color you buy is what you get.
Tashiana A.
Tashiana A.
Warsaw, IN
4 years, 6 months ago
Works best for me during summer when I'm tan
Janie V.
Janie V.
Spearfish, SD
4 years, 6 months ago
I think it does work because I tried it and it actually covered any spots or acne that I had and it actually did match my skin color.
Ilicia R.
Ilicia R.
Eau Claire, WI
4 years, 6 months ago
In my personal opinion it doesn't work. It can be close, but it doesn't work the magic it claims.
4 years, 6 months ago
In my opinion i think it depends on your skin type because it didn't work for me but it has worked for my friends
Taylor N.
Taylor N.
Jupiter, FL
4 years, 6 months ago
No! It's just a marketing gimmick. It comes out of the bottle a gray color and as you rub it in it releases its color. It isn't adjusting to your skin color. The one I tried, which was one of the really light ones, turned a horrible orange color that didn't match my tone at all. You would be better off looking for a drugstore brand that has a large variety of tones and finding the one that matches you. Revlon Colorstay is the best one I've tried.
Brittany G.
Brittany G.
Plantation, FL
4 years, 6 months ago
Save your money.. It does not work at all!
Angela A.
Angela A.
Lodi, CA
4 years, 6 months ago
I used this smart shade makeup once and wow it changed my face. its very light, very unique in the way it blends right into your skin. It does not clog your pores and it makes your skin look so smooth. I compeltely recommend it!
Brittany J.
Brittany J.
Charlotte, NC
4 years, 6 months ago
Yes! This stuff works great! I usually buy Estée Lauder and. This is comparable!
Chico, CA
4 years, 6 months ago
I have a medium skin tone and I thought that this product matched my skin pretty well I never had any problems with it but I felt like it made my skin a little sticky maybe that was just me though
Chico, CA
Rachel S.
Rachel S.
Dallas, GA
4 years, 6 months ago
I recently bought this and I bought my shade (What I wear in every other makeup) and it was WRONG! It was at least 2 X's darker than what it said. I was not a happy camper. Makeup is expensive and to buy this and it be wrong..I was really mad!
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Spokane, WA
4 years, 6 months ago
Not at all. it oxidizes and turns orange. i got the lightest/whitest shade and i turned into a carrot
4 years, 6 months ago
Didn't match my skin at all
Debi F.
Debi F.
Corp Christi, TX
4 years, 6 months ago
I have very uneven skin tone and this does help. It doesn't totally cover all imperfections but it does help. I like it and blends easily.
Ayne A.
Ayne A.
Cerritos, CA
4 years, 6 months ago
For me it does, but all I really need to do is even out my skin tone.
Courtney A.
Courtney A.
Owasso, Oklahoma
It does not, I toyed it and I hate it
Lauren P.
Lauren P.
Brentwood, TN
4 years, 6 months ago
It does not match my skin tone, but it does work well for my mom. I think it just has one tone that reacts to he heat of your skin, so the shade doesn't magically transform to your skin as it states. It's really a luck thing.
Jessica W.
Jessica W.
Eugene, OR
4 years, 6 months ago
No. If you're pale like me even the light shade doesn't match. its got a very orange tint to it.
Debbie K.
Debbie K.
Bonne Terre, MO
4 years, 6 months ago
You have to find the right color for your skin
Andrea G.
Andrea G.
North Bergen, NJ
4 years, 7 months ago
To be quite honest when i first applied it i didn't see a difference at all. I felt i was putting a product on my face just for fun not because it did anything.
Diane R.
Diane R.
elk grove, ca
4 years, 7 months ago
I found this to be greasy, wear off quickly, and has no shade that matches my skin exactly.
Brittany L.
Brittany L.
4 years, 7 months ago
I didn't like it, it didn't work for me. And it doesn't give the perfect flawless finish it claims to give.
Lisa N.
Lisa N.
Duluth, GA
4 years, 7 months ago
It definitely depends on your individual skin tone. I used to really enjoy this product for a light tinted moiaturizer type look. It is also pretty tedious rubbing it in and getting the product and color beads evenly distributed around hour face and neck.
Laura T.
Laura T.
Lowell, NC
4 years, 7 months ago
Honestly, no. I bought it and was disappointed.
Michelle E.
Michelle E.
Sandusky, OH
4 years, 7 months ago
I feel this product does work but does not give full coverage.
Alyssa B.
Alyssa B.
Folcroft, PA
4 years, 7 months ago
This has very very light finish will never cover any freckles or sun spots
Candace R.
Candace R.
Chino Valley, AZ
4 years, 7 months ago
Personally I don't think this product works. It didn't match my skin tone & looked very oily. Let's just say every time I tried it I ended up washing it off & using my regular foundation.
Amanda K.
Amanda K.
Davenport, FL
4 years, 7 months ago
It does match pretty well, but its doesn't have great coverage, and you end up with skin looking much the same as with out. At least for me that's how it is
Andrea T.
Andrea T.
Far Rockaway, NY
4 years, 7 months ago
I don't think it works .It does not match my skin
Brittany T.
Brittany T.
Depew, NY
4 years, 7 months ago
Not really. Once you rub it, it just changes to the shade. It will always just go to the shade that it shows, so it doesn't really match your skin per say. I am very fair skinned, and it has an orange tint to it, better off getting something you know is your shade.
KRISTINA C.
KRISTINA C.
4 years, 7 months ago
It did not work for me. It was darker on my face than my natural complexion so I had to work hard to blend it onto my neck.
Susan S.
Susan S.
Riverview, MI
4 years, 7 months ago
I have pale skin with freckles so it actually did match my skin very well. The only problem I have is my dry skin, the makeup flakes off .
Alison A.
Alison A.
Cedar City, UT
4 years, 7 months ago
For me it didn't work. It was way to dark for my skin tone! I don't know if I just didn't blend it enough, but I won't be purchasing it again.
Nicole P.
Nicole P.
Columbia, TN
4 years, 7 months ago
For me yes it works very well but you do have to get a shade that is very close to your skin shade.
Rose P.
Rose P.
Rosamond, CA
4 years, 7 months ago
I like it. To answer your question I do think it works.
Taylor F.
Taylor F.
Lakewood, CA
4 years, 7 months ago
I think it has more of a general color, not super matching to your skin but it has light enough coverage to where if it isn't a match its not noticeable
Marie A.
Marie A.
Mandeville, LA
4 years, 7 months ago
I think if it really was able to turn into your personalized shade then it would be one shade fits all and it's not.
I hated it
julia p.
julia p.
ontario
4 years, 7 months ago
To be honest, I truly love it and it works for me. it depends on your skin colour but me and my friends all have it and it works . all my scars,pimples,marks were all invisible and the foundation was not heavy, it looked natural,and was very light on my face. :) I recommend trying it, you will love it.
Maresha C.
Maresha C.
Tempe, AZ
4 years, 7 months ago
Mine stays on and blends ok n well
Michelle W.
Michelle W.
Sioux Falls, SD
4 years, 8 months ago
This is my go-to foundation. I have a hard time matching my skin tone because I'm right in between light and medium and most foundations either leave me looking terribly dark or pale as a ghost. This is the most accurate one that I've found. I also have combination skin and love that this doesn't leave my oily spots oilier, but also doesn't dry out my skin.
Kristie M.
Kristie M.
East Amherst, NY
4 years, 8 months ago
I think it does match your skin pretty well. It's light and has spf which is nice
Poplar Bluff, MO
4 years, 8 months ago
I don't think it matches your skin and once you put it on your face looks oily
Savannah R.
Savannah R.
Palatka, FL
4 years, 8 months ago
No! It's a really bad product! Don't waste your money on it.
Caitlin C.
Caitlin C.
4 years, 8 months ago
It comes out a grey ish white color then changes as you put it on. I wouldn't say it matches exactly, if you tan easily in the summer I'd say have your winter color and summer color shade.
Misty P.
Misty P.
Elkton , MD
4 years, 8 months ago
I did not like this at all! I tried it because almay claims it changes to match your skin TONE-NOT!! It goes on white then turns into an invisible grease slick! My skin is normal not at all greasy but after applying this product it felt as if I rubbed crisco all over my face. And it gives ZERO coverage! Not worth the price.
Chelsea M.
Chelsea M.
Hamden, CT
4 years, 8 months ago
I did not like this product at all, does not work and goes on uneven and does not blend.
Meghan H.
Meghan H.
4 years, 8 months ago
It's not exactly high coverage but it DOES match to your skin. I've never had a problem with lines or blotches with this.
Chula Vista, CA
4 years, 8 months ago
This was not a good foundation it had poor coverage seemed more of moisturizer to me and it didn't really match your skin its more like putting on lotion in my opinion i wouldn't be worth your money.
Chula Vista, CA
Kayla G.
Kayla G.
4 years, 8 months ago
No it does not. It's more like a tinted moisturizer. And it is lousy in pigmentation.
Laredo, TX
Laredo, TX
Lupe R.
Lupe R.
Los Angeles, CA
4 years, 8 months ago
It does not match your color at all. it does not work.
Kathryn F.
Kathryn F.
Not reaaaally.
Lauren-Laila T.
Lauren-Laila T.
4 years, 8 months ago
It matches your skin if you are an ashen,grey color.
Jacklynn C.
Jacklynn C.
West Columbia, SC
4 years, 8 months ago
NO! It says it will transform to match your skin color. This is not a product for oily skin don't waste your money!
Ashley A.
Ashley A.
Scotts, MI
4 years, 8 months ago
No. The color comes out white with black looking specs in it. The specs leave dark streaks on face that do not blend well
Nik H.
Nik H.
Wilkes Barre, PA
4 years, 8 months ago
It didn't for me, I didn't like it.
Ann J.
Ann J.
Huntington, WV
4 years, 8 months ago
It has worked really well for me. I have pale skin and it has matched my skin very well and covered my uneven skin tone.
Mayling R.
Mayling R.
Ft Lauderdale, FL
4 years, 8 months ago
I have not been able to find my shade with this brand
Gainesville, TX
Gainesville, TX
Jilly S.
Jilly S.
4 years, 8 months ago
I think it is horrible. I returned it!
Erin P.
Erin P.
4 years, 8 months ago
For me, it did not. However, I have very pale, apricot-shaded skin and it is difficult to find makeup that doesn't look painted on.
Elizabeth P.
Elizabeth P.
Thetford Ctr, VT
4 years, 9 months ago
I tried this foundation and was disappointed. Especially if you have a yellow/warm/golden undertone, it won't be a very accurate color match. I found it to always change to give me a reddish/orange complexion (not flattering). It doesn't help that I have oily skin. Hope this helps!
Carrie
Carrie
4 years, 9 months ago
In short...not really! The color does change, but not in any way that could ever be described as "smart!"
Ora H.
Ora H.
Saint Louis, MO
4 years, 9 months ago
I think it sort of works. It seems more like a tinted moisturizer to me. I have fair skin, so I used the lightest one and I don't think it matched my skin tone as closely as I thought it would. It was a little darker then my skin, and I didn't like that you are supposed to blend it in with your fingers.
Krista B.
Krista B.
Beckley, WV
4 years, 9 months ago
I did not like this product. The coverage was minimal and I felt that it didn't match to my skin tone like it said it would.
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Rome, GA
4 years, 9 months ago
I love it. I have acne scars and it covers them completely. I wont buy anything different.
Renã©E G.
Renã©E G.
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes and no. You still need to get the shade that best matches your skin tone. Don't think that you can get one shade and wear it in the summer and winter and it will work. I also found that if you have self-tanner on your face, the foundation turns completely brown/orange!
Natasha M.
Natasha M.
Tacoma, WA
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes. I absolutely love it. It so much easier to use and you see it blend with your skin instantly. I love it because i know I will match every time and its makes it so I have to use less products all together.
Edna F.
Edna F.
Waynesville, NC
4 years, 9 months ago
I have very fair skin and even the lightest shade look horrible on me
Marie P.
Marie P.
Williamsville, NY
4 years, 9 months ago
I have used one similar by L'Oreal. I have extremely pale skin and it works very well for me. I was surprised. It won't work for very dark skins though. The key is how it reacts with the pigment in your skin, the melanin. It is likely to oxidize and turn orange if not used with powder.
Southaven, MS
4 years, 9 months ago
For me, this was a LIGHT coverage foundation. It was more like a moisturizer. I use it in the summer when I need a little coverage and a little SPF. :)
Erin F.
Erin F.
Connersville, IN
4 years, 9 months ago
I didn't feel like it matched mine correctly. Plus, it didn't offer much coverage.
Rocklin, CA
4 years, 9 months ago
I had a lot of luck with it changing to my skin tone. However, since it matches your skin, it does not cover blemishes.
Amelia M.
Amelia M.
Davison, MI
4 years, 9 months ago
Though it does change, I find that it doesn't actually match your skin tone. I bought the lightest shade, which is more of my skin tone, and it was still too dark...and yellow! I didn't like it at all.
South Shore, KY
4 years, 9 months ago
I didn't like it. I used it twice and both times it left me too dark and streaky.
Jennier Y.
Jennier Y.
Whitesburg, GA
4 years, 9 months ago
They offer a few color ranges with this product. It comes out white and has tiny beads in it. As you apply it to your face, the heat activates the beads which causes them to burst open with the foundation color. I don't believe that it actually has a smart shade detection that makes it blend into your skin tone shade. Which ever color range shade you buy is the the color inside the tiny beads.
Diane J.
Diane J.
st petersburg, FL
4 years, 9 months ago
I honestly didn't think it was that good of a product it was more like a moisturizer to me
Queensbury, NY
4 years, 9 months ago
It's more of a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. If you;re looking for light coverage it's okay but it's either really pale or orange
Queensbury, NY
Jasmine L.
Jasmine L.
san jacinto, ca
4 years, 9 months ago
Doesn't work as good as a foundation but still works great as a base for your powder.
Meghan M.
Meghan M.
Arab, AL
4 years, 9 months ago
For me it was the closest match I've ever bought at a drugstore!
Libby H.
Libby H.
Phoenix, AZ
4 years, 9 months ago
Sometimes. I've found that most of the shades have too much of a yellow undertone for my skin and the "color match" ends up getting too dark.
Kristy K.
Kristy K.
Grove City, OH
4 years, 9 months ago
Yes the color match is great!
Julie T.
Julie T.
Washington, DC
4 years, 9 months ago
To an extent, it comes out white like others have said and then attempts to match your skin tone as you blend it into your skin. That being said it doesn't give your face much dimension and I found I tend to see makeup lines. I wouldn't recommend it.
Victoria M.
Victoria M.
Troy, MO
4 years, 9 months ago
This foundation comes out white, and when I blended it, it did end up matching my skin tone. Worked very well for me.
4 years, 9 months ago
Sometimes it does for me...sometimes it just makes me look like I have a bad fake tan.
Cassondra W.
Cassondra W.
4 years, 9 months ago
Personally I don't find this to work all that well on my skin. I use it as a primer if anything but I like a medium to full coverage and this is definitely light at best.
Sarah H.
Sarah H.
4 years, 9 months ago
It evens out my skin tone so I say yes
Jessica P.
Jessica P.
Jefferson, GA
4 years, 9 months ago
It's not to bad, but only as maybe a tinted cream. As a foundation it does not have the coverage to make it good.
Kathy C.
Kathy C.
Las Vegas, NV
No, it's horribles
Zoila F.
Zoila F.
Chelsea, MA
4 years, 9 months ago
At first you might get scared because its white but once you apply it omg its the bomb! matches awesome and it covers nicely for me. i would recommend using the conceiler along with it for even better and awesomer skin. hope this helped! -xoxo zoey
Danielle D.
Danielle D.
4 years, 9 months ago
I really like it I would buy it again
4 years, 9 months ago
Well, when I put it on, I could see a makeup line which was partially from it not blending well and partially from it not matching my skin tone very well. So no.
Alexandra F.
Alexandra F.
Kailua, HI
4 years, 9 months ago
For me personally this is THE most accurate foundation I've ever used. Literally no other foundation matches my skin tone like this one, and that's probably not the makeup's fault but that's how it is. It does come out white so that scares some people I guess but as long as you blend it well it should work perfectly.
Ashleigh R.
Ashleigh R.
Seneca, PA
Brandy Y.
Brandy Y.
Chillicothe, IL
4 years, 9 months ago
I test first to see if it's lighter or darker than I am at the moment (summer/winter) and then I mix it with either a lighter/darker foundation that I have on hand. I find it hard to match my skin tone perfectly with just one product. Just make sure you shake to mix before using because the pigments can settle on the bottom and give you an undesired shade!
Kashlin K.
Kashlin K.
Platteville, CO
4 years, 9 months ago
I don't think this works good at all! It comes out white and when you rub it in, it changes to a orange color but it does not match your skin at all, and its really thin and is greasy... :/
Emily M.
Emily M.
4 years, 9 months ago
It's hard to say. The foundation comes out white, and then when it's activated by heat it changes color. My guess it that whatever shade you buy, that's the shade it turns, no matter what your skin color is. There's no way for a liquid foundation to be intuitive enough to know that it needs to match your skin color. It is fun though, the coverage is decent, and although I'd urge girls out there to spend a bit more to get a healthier product, this will do the trick if you're on a budget.