BY ALMAY

Product Details

Multi-tasking face primer intuitively adjusts to smooth and soften skin while correcting skin’s most common problems with visible color correcting strands to neutralize redness and even out and brighten skintone. Imperfections are diffused and skin is up to 265% more hydrated. This lightweight, non-oily formula works for all skin types but is specifically formulated for sensitive skin. Wear it alone for a flawless finish or underneath foundation for the first step to perfected skin.

What Is A Primer

A primer is the first step to perfected skin. It smooths and soften skin, which improves the application and helps increase the wear of foundation. Almay has gone beyond the traditional primer benefits by giving you color correcting properties in this eye-catching product. Your skin will not only be softer and smoother, it will look instantly brighter and more even in color.

• Does this primer make your face look dull? I've found tha...1 Answers
  • I have been using this product but I'm not sure it's real...3 Answers
  • Is this great for dry/combo skin Does it correct2 Answers
Hannah H.
Boynton Beach
If I could rate 0 stars I would. Firstly, this primer is so liquid like it doesn’t diminish pores or fine lines at all. I used A LOT to try to make it thick enough to call a “primer”. Secondly, it has purple and green beads that don’t do anything that Almaty claims they do, “lavender to help even out skin tone/green to help reduce redness”. Third, the smell is like liquid garbage or a wound infection trying to be covered by a bad perfume. Fourth- the green and purple beads are too big to fit out of the spout so as I’m pumping it (for third day use, I had no other primer in hand) I built up so much pressure the the nozzle flew across the room! (I have yet to find it and hope I do before my baby finds it and eats it) and now I have this 15 dollar product that smells, doesn’t work at all, and I can’t even give it away to someone to try out for themselves. The first day wasn’t as bad but it was still very bad. Holy moly 0/10 this isn’t even a last resort anymore I’d rather go without to be honest. I’ve never been more disappointed and disgusted by a makeup product in my career/life.
Jessica R.
Lodi, OH
I've been using this without any results for about tears. And I don't recommend it honestly. I'll me is one of my favorite Brands but to me the stuff just does not do anything at all. It does not correct any red spots or the darkening under the eyes. You will be severely disappointed if you are looking to get a nice smooth finish with this product
Regina D.
Springdale, AR
I really like this product. I'm not too into the whole face primer thing, but this one correcfs and evens out my skin tone really nicely. It also minimizes my pores a bit. I like to use it alone without makeup just so I look more polished. It doesn't break me out or make me oily, which other primers tend to do very easily! Ot also doesn't flake off or wear off easily either.
Lori L.
Bought this through Amazon for about $6 with high hopes it would work. Since they packaged it like a high end brand and Almay had a good reputation for good quality products, I had high hopes for it. I don’t know if it was due to my dry skin but the first time I used it the product just slid around on top of my moisturizer. I tried it without my moisturizer on thinking it would then sink in, but it didn’t. It still stayed on top of my skin and moved around. Now I could have manipulated it to work for me if it did color correct, but it never helped camouflage my redness so it wasn’t worth the fight every day. Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer
Michaela F.
Union, MO
It's decent for a drug store primer. I'm on my 4th bottle of it, as it has become my go-to. Mostly because it mattifies my skin, leaves it feeling very smooth, and helps hydrate. My foundation seems to stay in place well. As for cons, the pump gets VERY hard to push down, sometimes nearly impossible due to the built up pressure. I also don't notice any color correction from this product. It can be improved, but I'm overall satisfied with the way I use it in my makeup routine.
Mollie A.
pelham
First things first, this primer smells horrible. That’s the only reason for the rating. It works pretty good but I don’t want my face smelling bad all day. It has an oily feel to it but I have dry skin.
Heather P.
Redmond
This is the only primer I've ever used and it will probably stay a staple in my makeup. It fixes my discoloration from acne scaring and natural redness. It also fills in and blurs my pores.
Stephanie B.
Columbus, IN
I really like this primer. It is mattifying, so I think it would work much better for someone with oily skin, mine is a little dry, so it can make my skin look a little too dry- but will be perfect for summer. I love the color correcting beads in it, and it helps even out my blotchy skin tone. My makeup sticks to it well, and lasts for hours!
brenna f.
Cookeville
I love this primer, mines a spiral of green and purple. It feels great on the skin and really smooths out everything. It brightens your face and i know the green is for reddness and it helps alittle bit but not much. Foundation goes on smoothly and it really helps with the longevity of the makeup. Ive yet to be disappointed with Almays products.
Dori B.
I don’t think it did anything! Not a fan of the smell and couldn’t notice any difference when putting in makeup, definitley didn’t notice it covering or brightening anything!
Riley L.
Fontana, CA
This primer has an awful score...What about it is so terrible? Does it work well at all? Thanks!
Madison P.
Wyandotte, MI
Does this make any difference? Is it comparable to the stila one?
Amber J.
Whitby
I have been using this product but I'm not sure it's really doing what it is supposed to be doing. Well for me that is. I am wanting to know if there is another product that I should try that doesn't break the bank? Thank-you in advance.
Brittany S.
Crowley , TX
Would this be good for oily skin ??
lizz c.
Does this feel siliconey or is it like the stila one?