Almay Longwear & Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Pads

BY ALMAY #42 in Makeup Remover

Gently and easily lifts away makeup, removing even the most stubborn waterproof mascara and longwearing products. Luxurious dual-phase formula leaves skin feeling conditioned and moisturized. Hypoallergenic. Fragrance-free. Dermatologist tested.

• I have been wanting to find a good eye makeup remover that won't ...3 Answers
  • Is this good for people that wear contacts or have sensitive eyes? 3 Answers
  • Does this remove house of lashes lash adhesive?1 Answers
Almay  Longwear & Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Pads
Almay Longwear & Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover Pads
Kay P.
De Witt, IA
I've been using these for several years. I have also tried Mary Kay eye makeup remover and sephora's remover as well. I went back to almay and here's why. One container lasts A LONG TIME like I'm talking 6+ months and I use them daily. Also they work and they work REALLY WELL. Yes they absolutely leave greasy residue but guess what, grab some TP and it wipes right off. These work great. No aggressive scrubbing at your mascara at all. Keep your eyelashes intact! And the biggest reason I stick with almay, is because it is affordable and available at any walmart, target, Walgreens, etc. These Almay make up remover wipes have a permanent home on my vanity shelves.
Sheila K.
Plymouth, MA
I’m reviewing the Almaty liquid eye remover, not the pads.
I scanned the bottle and it pulled this up.
I had high hopes, I’d heard this was a dupe for Lancôme’s bi-ficial... ohhh no. That couldn’t be further from the truth.
This does not take eyemake up off with our continuous rubbing and tugging. I’m not talking about water proof makeup either.
Also, it might just be me but this burns my eyes horrifically!
I’m about to toss it in the trash.
Becky S.
Wilmington, NC
I am reviewing the Almay "Moisturizing eye makeup remover liquid" that comes in the bottle versus the pads that are pictured when you scan the bottle.
I think that for an eye makeup remover it works pretty well but I don't like how oily it is because it leaves a thick, slick coat of oil on my lids and anywhere else I may have touched on my face. I can't simply wipe it off and always at a minimum rinse with warm water and towel off but often wash my face again or tone after using this formula.
Angel P.
This is my go-to for eye makeup removal. It removes even the most steadfast waterproof mascara without having to rub my lids raw in the process. It doesn't really have a fragrance, which I love, and it only takes one or two pads per eye. It does leave a residue since it's mineral oil based but if I follow up with my regular facial cleansing routine it easily rinses away. I love that the formula is non-drying and easy on my eyes. I have sensitive skin and this doesn't ever cause me any issues. I recommend this to anyone who uses waterproof makeup. Your lashes will thank you for it!
Denise T.
Milwaukee, WI
I was given 2 of these makeup removers by a friend who coupons. I actually use this makeup remover on my whole face. It removes waterproof eyeliner with ease and it very gentle on my skin. A little bit goes a long way, and I only need to use 1 or 2 cotton rounds to clean my whole face.
Kadee B.
This is a huge nope from me. I have never in my life had any sort of reaction from any makeup, skin care product or remover. I used this last night for the first time and I woke up with huge swollen eyelids. They are super puffy and a little itchy. If you are prone to getting negative reactions to the eye I would stay away from this product.
Hannah P.
"Gentle" this makeup remover is not [on me]. After a very short period of use, I noticed an abnormal amount of eyelashes on my cotton ball. I quickly switched brands and all was well.
Note: I did not want to throw away a full bottle, so I have been using the makeup remover with a q-tip to touch up any winged eyeliner mistakes.
Harper B.
Palm Harbor, FL
For my purposes, this product was not great to me. I wear a full face of makeup often, and I need heavy duty makeup remover. These pads are so tiny, it takes four or five to even make a difference. If anything, these are good for just eye makeup remover, because of the size and gentleness. But I won't be buying these again.
Ally P.
Blair, NE
These are the easiest way to take off eyemakeup gently! It's effective and easily wipes away waterproof and regular mascara. Leaves my skin feeling refreshed and doesn't dry out around my eyes. If you were eyemakeup you need to pick these up next time you're at the store!
Sofia B.
Bought this at Walgreens by mistake but I don't regret it. The price was $5.49 but I bought it at 1.49 or 2.49 I don't remember but I know it was on sale, this is not only for eyes, J use it for face too. It's not too oily or too dry. The only thing that I don't like so much is the way that the product comes out, It's weird but maybe this is just me idk
Kimberly H.
Edwardsville, PA
Are these really oily?
Michelle M.
Do these wipes make your eyes burn?
Michelle E.
I need a very gentle, but effective, remover. Is it easy to rinse away without feeling greasy?
Michelle E.
Annie A.
Beaverton, OR
I have been wanting to find a good eye makeup remover that won't irritate my eyes. Is this a good one?