BY ALLURE #7 in Subscription Boxes

• I am looking to subscribe to a beauty box. I am not sure of one t...6 Answers
  • Do u get more skin care products or makeup?4 Answers
april n.
Forest lake , MN
This is another beauty subscription box that you order monthly, it’s $15 a month with a typical discount code on your first box for $5 off and/or a free gift for new subscribers. It has samples and sometimes will include full size items. This is not a personalized subscription box.

I wanted to love this but it has left a bad taste in my mouth. I ordered the December box, was billed for it on the 22nd of December. Yesterday, 1/9/18, I finally called customer service after emailing them several times.. Apparently, I was never getting the December box so they weren’t going to cancel or refund me until I called, apparently they were “completely sold out.” That right there DEFINITELY caused me to cancel my subscription. They will send you multiple emails a day, but won’t tell you email you and tell you the box is sold out. Disappointing because I signed up for that box in particular.

Would not recommend unless you want to go around and around with customer service and go through a hassle of cancelling their subscription.
Jeannine C.
Ithaca, NY
I tried this box to get the Sunday Riley CEO serum, but haven't really been happy with anything else I got in the box. A lot of the products were so heavily scented I couldn't use them and I was sent a variation box, but never notified that I was receiving a variation- in fact I received a sneak peek e-mail that showed different products and colors than what I received in my box, so I was disappointed when I didn't receive what I was expecting. Even though Sephora PLAY sends smaller samples, I much prefer that as it's personalized and I always end up using every single product I receive in my Sephora box. Allure also sends endless junk e-mails, to which I need to unsubscribe.
Yahaira M.
San bruno, CA
I got Allure way back then when it was Sample Society and I got to a point that I was not impressed anymore and I canceled. Then I got it back again after they changed management and wow it has been so nice. The products I receive range from Burberry, Sunday Riley, Smashbox, YSL, Tata Harper, Juicy Beauty, Drunk Elephant, Becca, Morphe (just to name a few). I seriously lovee this box and don't anticipate canceling it anytime soon. Also, in January 2018 they include a full-size serum from Sunday Riley worth $85!!! talk about value. If you wish to look more in-depth look at my Insta subscription101 I review all my boxes monthly
Kris J.
Clear Lake
The Allure beauty box ships you a monthly box with beauty samples.  Some of them are deluxe size, and occasionally they send full sized items. They are a mix of drugstore, indie, and high end products.  Customer service is a nightmare.  If you unsubscribe, watch out!  They tend to send you a unsubscribed email notice, then bill you the next month anyway.  This happened to several people I know.  I spent over an hour with them on the phone to get it straightened out.  I will never subscribe to this box again because of that.
Nora C.
Madison, WI
This is by far better then ipsy in my opinion. For one you get more value in the box and I am always impressed with the quality brands that come in my box. I am subscribed to both at the moment but I would definitely choose this over ipsy because of the brands you get and variety of the product. Sure ipsy has a bag but allure has so much more makeup and skincare which is why I'm subscribed! Plus you get brands lke MAC, NARS, and Becca! I just got a becca highlighter in my box this month and it is amazing!
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
The following comments are mine and mine alone. I just a couple of months ago I signed up for a few Beauty boxes and then soon I will narrow it down a little bit but I signed up for Allure, Macy's, Birchbox, and Ipsy. So far Macy's has impressed me the most because what I got was really focused on skin care more than makeup and that fits me. But I have gotten an item that I can't live without now from Allure, which is kills midnight recovery eye cream. It's amazing and knocks out dark circles under your eyes and bags in two nights. It leaves skin feeling soft and supple and firm. Anyway, I like Allure, they do send a booklet describing the items they sent you and how much they cost and it's fun to keep the boxes and the things you don't want to keep just keep them in a box until you get five items and you can gift it to a friend. I've only gotten a couple of the Allure boxes so I can't say a lot about it yet but there have been items I liked in both of them so far and items I did not like.
Caterina R.
Harrogate, TN
I only purchased my subscription for the Allure Beauty Box in November of 2017 but I am loving it so far! On my purchase, I received a free full-sized tarte blush! My box came with a full-sized crease brush that looks like a unicorn... so cute, and it also came with 5 other deluxe sample size products that I wouldn’t have tried on my own. I’m very pleased with this purchase. It’s a little pricier ($15/mo) than the Sephora Play Box ($10/mo) but the full size products are worth it!
Ginny R.
I have a love/hate relationship with Allure. Their customer service is garbage. But the products... THE PRODUCTS!!! It pretty much blows me away each month. The product sizes are really generous, and some of the brands are really nice expensive brands! If $15/month offends you, sign up, and then email to cancel and they *should* send you an offer for four months at $10/each. Totally worth it. You can also sign up through Amazon, and it is easy to skip months that way!
Sara N.
At $15 a box this is incredibly worth it. Cancel your Birchbox subscription and get this instead! There has been at least one full sized product every month since I’ve subscribed and all of the products are amazing, and usually relatively high end. There is a huge variety of products each month as well, ranging from tools to makeup to skincare and hair care. Last month we received a full sized $85 moisturizer! This is totally worth it. A great way to try out new products!
Lisa F.
Long Beach, NY
I love my allure beauty box, I also get a Sephora play box monthly as well and allure is my favorite. I prefer more skin care than makeup, and allures rations of skin care to makeup is really good. The products are usually always high end and occasionally you’ll get a full size. Everyone gets the same box, their picks chosen by the editors of allure. I’ve never been let down on my box, it costs 15$ a month and it’s definitely worth it
Ryan K.
Phoenixville, PA
How much is the box subscription per month?
Stephanie H.
I am looking to subscribe to a beauty box. I am not sure of one that would be best, with the best sized products and a decent price. How do people who have ordered/tried this box feel about it? And are there any hints/tips about this box that could be helpful, such as something like points with each box?
kim j.
Mesa
Do u get more skin care products or makeup?
dawn m.
Kitchener, ON
I'm so interested. Is it available in Canada and how?
Lindy (.
Harvest, AL
Has anyone tried the new Allure Beauty Box yet?? I just got mine in the mail and I'm obsessed! Wanted to hear other opinions.